Escape Room Idea!

I live in an apartment building.  One of the lights in a hallway is flickering, and there are no windows in the halls.

It gave me an idea.

An Escape Room which is just one long hallway, with doors on either side which lead to the puzzles in little closet-sized spaces.  Instead of a traditional timer, your time remaining in the room is measured by the lights in the hallway turning out!  Every X minutes, one of the lights starts to flicker, until it goes out a minute later.  This would be in the order of the light above the door you entered from, and the final light would be over the (presumed) exit at the opposite end of the hall.  Give a nice horror element to the room and a sense of impending doom!  

And then, as the final puzzle, the door at the lit end of the hallway has a message which basically says "Ha ha!  The true exit is back at the dark end of the hallway."

As for why I posted this in this board; that's because this is the Geek Culture board (despite the naming error, tsk tsk), and what are Escape Rooms if not geeky?

• Haha 1

Using the lights as a countdown is an interesting idea...  But I think having them go out randomly would be even more horrifying.  And bonus, misleading too as it people would tend to "work in the light".

You could also have lights in the closets that were lit by solving the puzzle...

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)