The Great Tanker Disappearance

00Troy00

3 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

Certainly the only 100% skippable power in Fiery Aura is Rise of the Phoenix because you can buy a similar if less spectacular power from the P2W lady for 1mill inf. The argument could be made that Consume is skippable if your build is end positive. Other than those 2 though I wouldn't skip anything in it

Ahh yes, totally forgot about the P2W Rez and Consume being optional in high end builds with good end management. I still take it, I’ve been sapped a few times and it’s been the difference between detoggling and not.

1 hour ago, Camel said:

I’ve had a theory that a suicide Fiery Aura Tanker would be a legitimate strategy

I did that once on my fire Brute! Every time it recharged, I'd face plant as Vengeance fodder for the team, then Rise of the Phoenix to stun nuke the enemy and quickly get back in the action. There was another Brute holding aggro on the team, so it didn't seem too risky. Optimal? Maybe not, but totally worth it - we were all laughing and having fun. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

By removing Bruising and replacing it with a damage buff that is always equivalent and usually better, they boosted the individual attack powers.  But they also, by no longer requiring you to spam your weakest attack to get a debuff for the others, significantly improved the overall attack chain.

Also, what was that someone else said about Tanker AoE range and arc being useful only for farming?  Man, I've (always) replied on my attacks hitting enemies to draw the all-important aggro on teams, and increased range and arc is HUGE for absolutely, positively hitting every m-Fer in the room.  Especially if somebody has "helpfully" immobilized the enemies before I've clumped them tightly.  This was a very great buff for team tanking.