Install and Troubleshooting Guide v2

Silk

So, before I commented on Tequila not loading, looked at your guide and just did a fresh install and it worked fine. That is until I came home this morning it said it was downloading, finished and immediately closed. So I'm doing a fresh install again because I am tired and eh, I'll have a smoke while I wait for it.

Any idea what I can do when that happens again instead of a fresh install? It runs perfectly fine for about a month and then takes a dump.

So, before I commented on Tequila not loading, looked at your guide and just did a fresh install and it worked fine. That is until I came home this morning it said it was downloading, finished and immediately closed. So I'm doing a fresh install again because I am tired and eh, I'll have a smoke while I wait for it.

Any idea what I can do when that happens again instead of a fresh install? It runs perfectly fine for about a month and then takes a dump.

Delete tequila.xml, tequilalog.xml and TequilaActivityLog.txt , then delete Tequila's settings from your system registry as described in the first post.

I apologize I'm sure I am one of many requesting help. I'm not very tech savvy but absolutely love this game. I've followed the directions trying different things for a day and a half now and when I open tequila I'm not getting a CoH Homecoming option all I'm getting is Homecoming and Homecoming BETA along with Paragon Chat and Titan. I'm not sure if something didn't download properly or if I somehow missed a step?

I apologize I'm sure I am one of many requesting help. I'm not very tech savvy but absolutely love this game. I've followed the directions trying different things for a day and a half now and when I open tequila I'm not getting a CoH Homecoming option all I'm getting is Homecoming and Homecoming BETA along with Paragon Chat and Titan. I'm not sure if something didn't download properly or if I somehow missed a step?

It's just because the guide is a bit older and thus so is the picture, you want to make sure "Homecoming" is highlighted (used to be COH HOMECOMING)... homecoming beta is for when the betas server is up and you want to avoid that.

Updated pic in OP btw to avoid confusion.

Forced to clean load.

Island Rum has downloaded everything into the CoH package in my Applications folder.

Ready to Play.

Click to play and get ...

ccLTLVa.jpg

Instructions please.  This is extremely anti-intuitive.

Wineskin simply refuses to accept that there's a CoH package there with everything in it ready to go.

Help?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I can't play anymore. Last night Tequila killed my game for the second time. The first time it said homecoming.exe had an invalid checksum. I fixed that. Last night (the second time) the file was totally missing. I deleted all and redownloaded with both Tequila and Creamsoda. Neither could download homecoming.exe. One could not download  the beta folder, the other could not download the homecoming folder. The folder is in my C drive under "Heroes" it is not on my desktop nor my documents folder. The Creamsoda folder is also on the C drive under a different folder. Windows 10 pro. I did do the registry line delete mentioned earlier.  Any help?

From Tequila:

The following file has an invalid checksum. You will need to obtain it from a valid game installation:

homecoming.exe

Download error: hc-beta/bin.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/bin_fxinfo.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/bin_minimap.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/bin_particles.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/bin_powers.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/bin_sequencers.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/bin_villaincostume.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/geobin.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/geobin_czh.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/geobin_czn.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/geobin_czt.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/geobin_czv.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/geobin_obj.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/kallisti.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/missions.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/object_library.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/scenes.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/sound.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/texture_characters.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/texture_gui.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/texture_library.pigg

Was unable to download fileDownload error: hc-beta/texture_world.pigg

Was unable to download file

Read the guide.

Something on your PC is blocking/deleting or putting stuff in quarantine. Alternately go to the discord and ask for help there. They should be more up to date if there any new issues with the download mirrors etc etc

It's summer here, son is off school so just too busy IRL and the time I do spend on the PC is playing gw2 with my boy as he can't get into COH.

I do check weekly to see if there has been drastic changes but installation should be still be the same, you guys and gals just need to check in with discord to see of there new problems or issues that have popped up.

Also there's others in the forum here that have taken up the baton with helping with troubleshooting too but this guide is the starting point.

Be sure to read it all and not just skim to where you think the problem is.

Btw I do still have the game on my PC and log in once a week due to the name thing as I don't want to lose my characters names and my install has had no problems, logged in my characters just a couple days ago.

Hi, my friend keeps getting a failed manifest.xml message with "unable to connect to remote server" using Tequila, but I'm able to log onto the game just fine. I even sent him my game folder and he still gets the same error. We tried changing read only properties on the folders, making sure the manifest link was correct, shutting off antivirus and a handful of other things. How can we fix it so that we can play together?

Edit: We managed to fix the issue by deleting Tequila from the registry and reinstalling, for anyone who has the same problem.

Edited by therealderog

I'm trying to do an installation on a brand-new Windows 10 laptop and I'm getting an error on the first run of Tequila--

"An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature:

Collecting feature details"

I don't know what pre-req I might be missing. What do I need to install before running Tequila?

6 hours ago, GM Capocollo said:

If you follow the directions, you'll have "Homecoming (BETA)" as one of the possible launch options.  There's no separate process for setting up the beta client.

I tried before and it worked at first, but it told me I needed an update. Once I did, it didnt work again and following the directions a second time didnt help.

58 minutes ago, GM Capocollo said:

Restart Tequila and let it patch.  The client hasn't updated.

That was the first message, now it won't even let me enter as per the original driver message.

1 hour ago, GM Capocollo said:

Since you've got an HD 3000 chipset, you'll have to reapply the compatibility shim in order to restore OpenGL support.

Does it matter what I name the "Program to be fixed" from the create new application fix box?