Any fun SR tricks?

Blastit

20 hours ago, marcussmythe said:

Relying HEAVILY on Roy's very clever work above, I've fiddled with something to get a bit more damage out and variety in the attack chain, at the cost of a chunk of the survival he offers.  My expectation is will still be tough enough for most things, but able to solo better (I dont get to team as much as I would like).

Likely a very valid assumption.  SR isn't enough resists, IMO, as it  would truly make the set godlike.  The scaling is fine when the incoming damage is consistent and not alphas (it would be allowed to "work"); however, either my bad luck or who-knows, but the ones you'll remember are the big hits that get through and you have little-to-no scaled resists going on.   You have OK regen (about as good as SR will get w/o gimping) and your resist numbers seem ok for most stuff.  Though Energy damage is very prevalent in the end game, so any that gets through will hit you darn hard.  E/N is actually hard to slot for, since toxic/psi is often achieved in 6-slot bonuses via LotGs, purples and ATO's and a bunch of other stuff.

20 hours ago, marcussmythe said:

Attack Cycle is going to be Gloom->Smite->Punch->Siphon->Smite for single target DPS (you could get a bit more weaving in Oblit, but its hard to juggle), or if you want to heal more, Smite->Punch->Siphon->Punch

So you are going to use a 4- and a 3- slotted attack as your mainstay?  I think Smite might be unnecessary; I know it hits harder than Shadow Punch, but you'd free up two slots and have a throw-away power (like Rescuscitate w/ an absorb proc or spirit ward, etc) - move the two slots into siphon and either gloom or dark oblit.  Shadow Maul should always be in your attack chain, single or aoe.  It is so fast and cheap, it is easily spammed.

In fact, I have Sands of Mu and I can Shadow Maul, Sands, Shadow Maul... then siphon/others while sands recharges.  But the point is, in the time it takes to activate/animate Sands of Mu, Shadow Maul is up again.  Dark hits for not much, but similar to Claws, it is FAST.  Siphon is your big single-target damage, after Shadow Maul, and since Midnight Grasp is skipped (wisely).

I guess what I am trying to say is:  Make sure you fully-slot out your main attacks, Shadow Punch (you did), Shadow Maul (you did), Siphon Life (almost did), and Gloom (mostly because set bonuses and utility).  Depends how much you like Gloom and Dark Oblit I suppose.  I'd drop Smite and Dark Oblit, repurpose their slots to Siphon (winter d/e) and Gloom (apoc d/e), take Soul Tentacles and proc it out (posi, bombardment, trap/hunter, grav/anchor) then take either Spirit Ward or Resuscitate (absorb proc, either).  Maybe drop the purple hold proc (Grav/Anchor) from Tentacles and add another damage proc to gloom?  Lots of options.

I'm thinking a "proc monster" version of tentacles will be more of a return...  Mids is showing 224.5 damage with the 3 damage procs (the purple hold proc is optional, but man is that some nice mitigation for Minions and LTs) and it's up every 9.47s  Also, the cone is how you're playing this guy, thanks to Shadow Maul, so you should always be in the ideal position (in a perfect world).

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Secondary Power Set: Dark Melee

→change: Added 1 slot to Siphon Life (4+2), keeps your 6% Fire/Cold resist lost from Dark Oblit (level 47) being swapped out:
Level 16: Siphon Life -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(50)

→change: Added 1 slot to Gloom (strong Damage/End apoc IO) for more damage, less end and 12% regen:

Level 44: Gloom -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), Apc-Dam%(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(50)

→change: Traded Dark Obliteration for Soul Tentacles (and proc'd it out):

Level 47: Soul Tentacles -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(48), TraoftheH-Dam%(48), GrvAnc-Hold%(50)

→change: Dropped Smite and picked up a 1-slot power-pick to mule an Absorb proc:

Level 49: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)

Edited by r0y

I like that!

I was slot tight, wanted the set bonuses, and I find with even a few appropriate frankenslots, you can get your required acc/dam/etc. on an attack.  The main advantage would be filling out more slots for procmonstering.

Smite is in there because 1.)  It makes me happy, and 2.) I like the DPA.

Shadow  Maul is in rotation if you've got 2 or more targets, but I don't love its damage per animation on single hard targets, and its single hard targets that sadden me the most in game.

Also a very good point.  I can just fire punch in favor of Smite, and move the slots around.  Gloom-Smite-Siphon-Smite, no need for punch at all.  Move the MoT over onto Smite.. with it being the core part of the rotation, and on a longer recharge, will hopefully see the +RES proc more often that way.

Still, going to take your version and kick the tires on it on test - may end up liking it better.  Thanks for getting back to me!

And yes, for whatever reason, Energy Resist is super hard to slot for, and super common at endgame. 

I anticipate the combination of these two facts is a lot of what drives the worship that Radiation Armor gets on these forums.. Radiation Armor really seems to have been designed AFTER someone played engame for a nice long time and went 'Hunh, Defense is mostly useless due to debuffs, and theres a lot of spikey and a lot of energy damage.  Hey, lets build a set specifically to deal WITH THAT FACT PATTERN.. and we will give it energy management tools and extra damage!  Brilliant!

Edited by marcussmythe

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute