Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Perfect Square

Electric Superteam starts 10 May 8pm EDT

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

What: Electric themed Superteam
Where: Excelsior - (first meeting near Arbiter Richard in Mercy)
When: Sundays at 8pm Eastern US (first meeting on 10 May)
Who: Brought to you by the Justice Superteamers (the folks behind the Justice TA, Traps, Radiation, Blades, Earth, Gun, Darkness, Time, Water, Sonic, and Nature Superteams). We're also currently running a Social Distancing team on Fri nights.
Why: FUN, Fortune, and glory!

 

The Justice Superteamers run many projects to leverage the power of stacked (de)buffs and explore common themes to accomplish things that a random group could not. Come join us on Excelsior for our Electric themed Superteam. With the recent release of Electrical Affinity, we want to harness the power of electricity to steamroll content and take on difficult challenges. Long time vets and new players are all invited as we focus on fun with other friendly players.


Power/Build Requirements:

  • Any Electric Powerset. Bonus points if both Primary and Secondary are Electric. We should have plenty of stacked buffs from EA, but it is not required.
  • You must include Maneuvers in your build for team defense
  • The following are suggested, but if you can't fit them all in, not required:
    • Aid Other
    • Assault
    • Tactics
  • Other team-focused powers are great too: Veng, TP, and Resuscitate are always useful.
  • You're welcome to make use of your other build if you'd like to maintain a solo, PVP, or non project compliant build.


Miscellaneous Details:

  • Our first meeting will take place Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 8pm EDT near Arbiter Richard in Mercy. Feel free to show up fresh from the tutorial (or even skip it).
  • We'll be coordinating the group through use of a global channel named "Justice Superteamers". Everyone participating on this team must join the channel. (/chan_join "Justice Superteamers"). We also have a Discord channel for out of game and voice communication.
  • We'll start in The Rogue Isles with some DFBs and PO scanners/banks, but will eventually make ourselves vigilantes/rogues so we can enjoy what Paragon has to offer.
  • We'll be focusing on PVE content (TFs, Contact Arcs, Tips, iTrials, the occasional newspaper/scanner, etc).
  • There is no limit on the number of people that can join us. This isn't going to be a fixed group of 8; the more, the merrier. Feel free to show up late, roll a 2nd alt, etc.
  • Super-Sidekick makes teaming incredibly easy. If you already have a character that fits the theme of this team, or won't be able to join us at the start of this team, don't worry; we'll accept you at any level, any time. Just note that if you're significantly beyond the rest of the team in terms of level, you should expect to exemplar down to the rest of the team most of the time.

 
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post here or send a /t or email to @Perfect Square, @Hedgefund, or @EF in-game.

Edited by Perfect Square

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Red-side? I am SO in! Is there a Discord I need to be on? When's next?

Edited by InfamousBrad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great teaming with you last night @InfamousBrad! Glad you found us on Discord and in game channel "Justice Superteamers". Still open if new folks want to join in the zapping. Our base is also open for visitors with teleporters, trainers, vendors, etc. by typing:

/enter_base_from_passcode JST-10680

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please tell me you're doing this again.

 

If so, I DEFINITELY want in!

 

Any opinions on what AT or power matches best with EA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@11Troy11We're STILL doing it and it's not too late to join us. Bring any electric alt out or roll up a new one for Sunday 8pm EDT/5pm PDT. Many of us paired it with other electric powers (control or blast), but just about anything is great on our teams. It has been super safe so the additional damage of a corruptor is ideal, but play anything that sounds fun (within the guidelines above).

 

We've only had 2 sessions and you will catch up quickly. Feel free to grab a few levels before Sunday if you like, but if not, I still have a level 7 alt I'll run with you and other members of the group are always willing to play lower level alts or exemplar down to help us. Come on out!

 

It's unlikely we'll do THIS project again any time soon, but we're always doing something like this. We have 2 projects running concurrently now, with our all KB Social Distancing team on Fridays. After those 2 have run their course (usually takes many months and we're splitting time on these), we'll come up with a new ST theme and do it all again.

 

/chanjoin "Justice Superteamers" to look for teams, chat with the group, and be notified of new projects via MOTD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Perfect Square said:

@11Troy11We're STILL doing it and it's not too late to join us. Bring any electric alt out or roll up a new one for Sunday 8pm EDT/5pm PDT. Many of us paired it with other electric powers (control or blast), but just about anything is great on our teams. It has been super safe so the additional damage of a corruptor is ideal, but play anything that sounds fun (within the guidelines above).

 

We've only had 2 sessions and you will catch up quickly. Feel free to grab a few levels before Sunday if you like, but if not, I still have a level 7 alt I'll run with you and other members of the group are always willing to play lower level alts or exemplar down to help us. Come on out!

 

It's unlikely we'll do THIS project again any time soon, but we're always doing something like this. We have 2 projects running concurrently now, with our all KB Social Distancing team on Fridays. After those 2 have run their course (usually takes many months and we're splitting time on these), we'll come up with a new ST theme and do it all again.

 

/chanjoin "Justice Superteamers" to look for teams, chat with the group, and be notified of new projects via MOTD.

I can put something together and be ready on Sunday. I have a few questions I'd you don't mind:

 

Is there a minimum level?

 

Are corruptors better than defenders in this case (I don't necessarily have a preference. I'm just asking).

 

Are guys asking for both the primary and secondary to be electric?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2020 at 8:52 AM, InfamousBrad said:

Red-side? I am SO in! Is there a Discord I need to be on? When's next?

That's a great question!

 

What is the discord info?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 11Troy11 said:

I can put something together and be ready on Sunday. I have a few questions I'd you don't mind:

 

Is there a minimum level?

 

Are corruptors better than defenders in this case (I don't necessarily have a preference. I'm just asking).

 

Are guys asking for both the primary and secondary to be electric?

Minimum level: None. But I would recommend trying to get a couple in before Sunday. 
corruptors vs defenders: defenders will have better support stats in general. Incase of ELec Affinity, you would providing a better buff. Your damage output would be on the lower end. So if you solo to catch up, it could take some time. 
corruptors will do more damage, and their ability to do double damage on foes with less then 50% health will be nice. Thus making solo play easier. Their support stats will be lower compared to defender. Not by a lot to break the game, mind you. So the question is: what do you prioritize? 
 

primary/secondary: one of the sets must be electric. So if you role a scrapper/brute: elec melee/will power is approved. Elec/ice armor is approved. Ice melee/elec armor is approved. Radiation / elec armor is approved. Elec/elec is approved. Fire/will power would NOT be approved. Similarly with a corruptors: elec/**, **\Elec Afin, elec/elec are approved. 

In my case: I did a elec/elec controller more so for character concept. But we have a dark miasma/ elec defender, an elec/traps troller, and an elec armor/stone melee brute as other examples. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 11Troy11 said:

That's a great question!

 

What is the discord info?

 

 

Discord info is in the “justice super teamers” channel info. So once you join that you will get the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Persona pretty much covered it, but there is no space between super and teamers. 

/chanjoin "Justice Superteamers"

is what you want.

 

No minimum level. Play whatever AT you want, but I was simply mentioning corruptors because they are the highest damaging AT that can take Electric Affinity and we are already running high difficulty content fairly safely, if not quickly, so more damage is better than better buffs for most of our teams. The requirement is to take a single electric set (and Maneuvers from Leadership). Many of us took both for thematic reasons, but it's not required.

 

Looks like you joined our channel and Discord successfully. Welcome! Look forward to teaming on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...