Weekly Discussion 49: Alternate FX/Animations.

GM Miss

Sorcery: Mystic Flight

I love the sound the power makes when you toggle it on ... but the magic glyphs only make sense on Magic Origin characters.  Unfortunately, if you switch to Minimal FX for Mystic Flight it will also disable the "toggle on sound" for the power.  I would like to think it would be a relatively trivial matter to create an On/Off matrix for both visual and sound FX for Mystic Flight ... that way I could have Minimal Visual FX while keeping the Sound FX (and vice versa, for a "quiet" magic glyphs performance).  Translocation is fine as is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

23 hours ago, Keen said:

Hm...

• Ability to set a default running animation to perform like a Slide, Ninja Run or Beast Run, etc, without having to use those powers.

The ability to stay in beast run pose when not using beast run would be game changing for certain characters.

• Like 5

On 5/4/2020 at 4:48 PM, GM Miss said:

>What about alternate sounds/minimal sounds? I'm looking at you perma-repel.

Option to turn off stacking sound effects needs to happen yesterday.  At volume levels just high enough to be playable with normal sounds, a footstomp in a crowd sounds like a bomb just went off on my desk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Alternate animation that I'd really want for Beam Rifle: make it so the Overcharged beam fires down from the sky while a 'targeting laser' comes from the beam rifle itself. I'm so mad we don't get any proper kill-sat attacks in this game.

Ah yes ... Orbital Strike ... for those of us Star Trek Online veterans.

Mind you, I suppose that you could probably repurpose (on a much smaller scale!) the animation and FX of Anti-Matter's Obliteration Beam that we see in the Keyes Island Reactor Trial ...

Obliteration Beam is a targeted delayed Area of Effect blast over a giant area which is targeted in green, allowing intended victims the chance to move out of the way, otherwise they will be rooted in place and hit by the beam.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Some ppl hate the stone sounds and visuals, but thats what I love about earth, its so beefy.

Almost everything in DP, absurdly flashy and overdone.

The sound FX on cutting beam, in beam rifle is kinda gross, dunno how else to describe it.

Electric blast FX could use some upgrading i feel, so could some of the sound FX. Minimal FX options on all armors (toggles or casted on others).

Soul Noir options for ALL dark based powers (necro included).

I like the idea some people brought up about sonic powers, I personally think it would be badass to have a guitar and produce sound that way(with better sound fx to go with it).

The sound fx of electric control is also kinda gross (some reason certain sound FX make my gut churn i have no idea why and yes its stupid).

+1 on archery getting crossbows.

SOUL NOIR TENTACLES instead of that silly swirly dark circle at their feet.

However the BIGGEST thing on my wish list is customization MM pets, or even alternates, like praetorian clockwork for robots, something similar to knives of artemis for mercs(we all want badass ladies of death), hell even female mercs/ninjas/thugs/zombies would be refreshing.

Oh and a button to make my demon pets shut the HELL UP. Yes we get it your a big bad demon now stop roaring about it.

Edited by SirXeno

I'd like to be able to use some of the costume change emotes for Teleport, as well as Sorcery's Translocation animation. I haven't timed them so there's probably a few milliseconds difference that would make doing this a huge hassle, but they feel about the same length. Hell, Black Swan can pop around in a murder of crows in the Magisterium. I wanna do that! Or at least bamf.

Really anything that's not more hip thrusting my way through space.

• Like 2

Alternate Animations: Stone Melee/Earth Assault

Is it possible to have non-mallet versions of Stone Mallet, Heavy Mallet etc? Instead of the hammers, maybe an alternate animations from Super Strength and using the VFX of stone covering the fists i.e. Seismic Slam.

Not too sure if it will affect animation times and all those technical stuff but it would sure look great on characters that don't use a mallet.

4 hours ago, Tad Cooper said:

I'd like to be able to use some of the costume change emotes for Teleport, as well as Sorcery's Translocation animation. I haven't timed them so there's probably a few milliseconds difference that would make doing this a huge hassle, but they feel about the same length. Hell, Black Swan can pop around in a murder of crows in the Magisterium. I wanna do that! Or at least bamf.

Really anything that's not more hip thrusting my way through space.

Teleport via Murder of Crows at both locations would be AWESOME!

spacer.png

So would Teleport via Ninja Leap ...

spacer.png

Teleport by Smoke Bomb ...

spacer.png

Teleport by Vanguard Sigil ...

spacer.png

Teleport by Casting ...

spacer.png

Teleport by Spinning ...

spacer.png

Teleport by Lightning !!!

spacer.png

Teleport by DIMENSION SHIFT ...

spacer.png

Teleport by Energy Morph ...

spacer.png

Fabulous idea!

And best of all, the emotes to do it all with ALREADY EXIST!

• Like 3

IifneyR.gif

21 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Fabulous idea!

And best of all, the emotes to do it all with ALREADY EXIST!

Great idea, awesome examples.

To take it a step further, PLEASE make this possible for the base teleport and the associated exploit.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

My hopes:

Make the original claws/swipe cat on acid clawing at a post animation an alternate for eviscerate.

Port the claws/followup left hand alternate animation that exists with hover to exist while not hovering.

Port energy melee dominator changes to all other energy melee sets.

Create alternate hand animations, randomly utilized for all attack sets where it makes sense. Example, Dark Melee attack chain of MG, Gloom, SL, Gloom is ALL left handed. Would be nice if it went right every now and then.

I was talking about trimming down the animations a bit earlier.  It led me to looking around and I noticed this:

Claws Spin = 2.5s

Fire Sword Circle = 2.67

There are several other powers using the same animation, too, but those are the ones I picked.  These have the same animation with different Fx.

Why are they different lengths.  Why aren't all the powers sharing this animation using the faster version?

This thread is long, so I apologize if these have already been mentioned.

Minimal fx for Rock Armor

Ability to turn off the fog horn sfx for Arctic Air and whatever the sfx for Shadow Fall is supposed to be. For whatever reason, the sfx for Steamy Mist don't bother me.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

I know this is dumb, and kinda pointless, but I would love to have the wolf howl as an alternative activation animation/sound effect for any fear-type powers. Just 'cause. 🙂

That and beast run/ninja run for sprints. For that matter, convert all the Prestige Sprints into alternative animations for Sprint. I'm sure extending the power customization to Sprint and other inherents will be a serious pain, and probably not worth the effort, but there it is.

Some of these have been mentioned before, but I would like:

*A "No transparency" option for all stealth powers.  I would also like to have the transparency removed from the stealth IOs, but I'm not sure if that could be made optional and I suspect some players want the visual.

*Why are electric powers so freaking loud?  Can we turn them down please?

*A "no looping sound fx" option on all powers that have looping sound fx.  Even better if this is a blanket clientside option so I never have to hear anyone else's Quills again.

*An option to turn down the visuals on other people's powers.  I want to see my powers, and I don't want to keep turning down particle fx every time I join a team, but I would also like to see what is going on instead of just a VFX soup.   Same goes for enemy powers,

*Demons.  Shut the hell up.

*A minor issue, but I would like alternate animations to be available with the default color scheme.  You can't always match it with customization.

*Costume change emote choices to persist after logging out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eva Destruction said:

*Demons.  Shut the hell up.

I know, make them howl 1 time every 4 minutes ... instead of 4 times every 1 minute ...

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

21 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Sorcery: Mystic Flight

I love the sound the power makes when you toggle it on ... but the magic glyphs only make sense on Magic Origin characters.  Unfortunately, if you switch to Minimal FX for Mystic Flight it will also disable the "toggle on sound" for the power.  I would like to think it would be a relatively trivial matter to create an On/Off matrix for both visual and sound FX for Mystic Flight ... that way I could have Minimal Visual FX while keeping the Sound FX (and vice versa, for a "quiet" magic glyphs performance).  Translocation is fine as is.

Also, this.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Power slide as an alternate for Super Speed.
"Only when travel powers are active" as an option for Path Auras.
Ability to change the colors for Shields:Elemental:Dark and Shields:Elemental:Ice
Non-breakdance Staff animation for the PBAOE.
Fire Melee, Ice Melee, Psionic Melee: Sword options for powers that don't use a sword. Non-sword options for powers that use a sword. Stone Melee: Hammer options for non-hammer powers, non-hammer options for hammer powers.
"Alter all costume slots" function for modifying power FX, because it's annoying having to change all my costumes one... at... a... time... to get the glowing hands or the white haze to go away when I first pick CJ or Haste or something that I couldn't customize in character generation.
If I adjust the colors on one of my Ionic Judgement, just assume I want those colors on every future Ionic Judgement by default. Same for all Incarnate powers.
Variant Quills and Fire Aura that don't have a visual/auditory pulse. Just a ring of fire or a glint off the quills, maybe.
Titan Weapons: Carnival Mace.

Edited by J-Naught
  • Like 1

Lefties!  I want an option where characters using weapons can use them left-handed.  Maybe just mirror the animations?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

There's only a few examples I can think of off the top of my head.

Poison desperately needs more animations that aren't me vomiting up stuff. I built a Mastermind with a Technology origin, roleplaying him as having stolen poison gadgets to weaken people. It's still really weird and awkward how he somehow spits half of his poison abilities.

Psychic melee animations are just dreadful. They look so... robotic and weird. I get that's it's supposed to be mental attacks and thus you wouldn't really need to exert much force, but I'd still really like to see some "normal" animations for psychic melee instead of the ones we have.

I will also echo what Major_Decoy said, having the beast run animation be a permanent toggle would be absolutely divine on some of my animalistic characters. Please make this a reality!

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.