Weekly Discussion 49: Alternate FX/Animations.

GM Miss

I made a post in the suggestions forum for this a few days ago, but: Fix the animation on the Sentinel version of Midnight Grasp in the Soul Mastery patron pool. Currently it's copied straight over from Dark Melee and as such uses the solid black tentacles that one uses. But other Soul Mastery powers have transparent glowy tentacles instead. It should theoretically be possible to copy those FX over to Midnight Grasp to make it fit in with the rest of the pool, as suggested here:

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

Would love to see eyebeam animation used more.  Energy blasting sets seems a good candidate.  Energy amd laser eyes are a superhero staple.  It's a shame it's limited to do few powers.  O would love to have the entire powerset accommodate eyebeams.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

The flipside to Poison would be also have the option for ALL Powers to be orally disseminated.  I have a /Poison Snake-girl Mastermind who shouldn't be 'throwing' the poison from her hands.

Funnily enough, I also have a /poison snake-girl mastermind with the same issue. Odd coincidence.

• Haha 1

I want only two things if Minimal / Alt animations proliferated to everything is too broad:

Minimal/alternate FX for all of Bio (looking at you, Ablative Carapace).

Spinning Kick animation proliferated to Martial Arts Storm Kick on Melee ATs at the very least.

All of the special sprints and ninja/beast run should be alternate animation options for super jump, super speed, speed of sound, etc

A teleport option that doesn't involve stretching your hands out in a jesus flexing pose. The arm computer animation that robotics summons use could be great for this

MinFX option for rad armor

all spit/breath weapons should have alternate hand animations. and while we're on that subject it could be neat to have sets like fire blast have an option for all breath attack animations. I want to make a dragon!

The melee weapon sets should have options for coloring their swing streaks. AR and dual pistols should have options to choose the color of the bullets. Dual pistols should have an energy pistols option. Dual pistols should be allowed to choose the color of each ammo swap, like bio can choose the adaptation colors

I don't think full MM pet customization is necessary but it would be nice if all of them had two-tone color palette costumes so you can give them a paint job. Maybe for thugs also an option for non-random thugs, since it's weird seeing my minions randomly change race when I enter a doorway

This one's more of a QOL than a visual change but it would be nice if tough and weave had shorter animation times, they take forever to activate. Honestly in my opinion toggles should be instant if you're out of combat

Edited by thivus
  • Like 1

Lot of work I know - I would love to see animations for each origin. Casting, vs using tech, vs mutant powers etc.

• Like 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

How about alternating animations? In cases where they are two or more animations to chose from you can select an option that will rotate them randomly. So it's not always Foot Stomp or Floor Punch. Popeye whined up or Starfleet double hammer. Sorry those are the only examples I can think of right now....

Oh yeah. Minimal FX for everything.

• Thanks 1

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

Damn . . . @Fista . . . 

I mean, I know I have a terrible memory, but I've tried to keep my ear to the ground on this game for years.  That's the first I can remember seeing your suggestion.  And it's such an obviously great one!

Hear-hear!  Being able to toggle a checklist of available animations to cycle between randomly (or in a specific set order?) would be absolutely stellar!

Desired Teleport visual FX and movement functionality ...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Be really nice if Teleporting didn't "zero" your movement momentum (by rooting you) after the transfer of locations if you were already in motion.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

All Walk and Run animations have been brought up in other threads and venues, but good point!  Here's the place to mention it, again.

Can we please get all the walk/run animations unlocked to all models?  
The "Walk" Power is three different Powers, frankly.  "Strut" for male models, "Sashay" for female, and "Stomp" for huge.  It would be nice to get to -choose- which of those we apply to our characters.

Oh, and the civilian walk is what should be the "Walk" Power.

Edited by ArchVileTerror
Added last line.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Be really nice if Teleporting didn't "zero" your movement momentum (by rooting you) after the transfer of locations if you were already in motion.

Oh GOD no. That's how it was on Live for several issues and it made the power all but unplayable. You'd hit a spot of lag, fall, hit a rooftop and start whooshing in a random direction, then you'd keep dropping and flying through the air and pinballing through everything.

On 5/8/2020 at 1:00 AM, Kazuuk said:

Would love to see eyebeam animation used more.  Energy blasting sets seems a good candidate.  Energy amd laser eyes are a superhero staple.  It's a shame it's limited to do few powers.  O would love to have the entire powerset accommodate eyebeams.

On the flipside, there's plenty of character concepts that eyebeams don't fit at all.  Some sort of alternate blast animation instead of forcing an eyebeam on a character that may not even have eyes would be really nice.

• Like 1

• GM Miss locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic