Best damaging combo for MMs

killerdestiny

8 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

If you have perma hasten and you slot Rune of Protection with 2x +5 recharge IOs you can get it down to 170sec CD, with it's own 30 sec duration that 140 sec CD. That should be enough to have it up whenever you need it

Regardless, I simply pointed out that calling it "fast recharging" was kind of silly. It's a 10m recharge. If you manage to squeeze out a perma-hasten build (which, of the MM secondaries, only /rad and /time are really going to manage it without a 500mil+ build with a half-dozen purple sets and tons of power picks purely for recharge rather than functionality -- personally I've never found perma-hasten to be necessary except on extremely rare builds, such as my illusion/rad troller who has perma-hasten, PA, AM, and indom), more power to you, but it seems like a lot of work when you could just carry a couple break frees and not have to take 3 powers from the sorcery tree as well as a bunch of random powers just to shove global recharge into.

Anytime someone uses the term "fast recharging", I think of something that comes up in less than 10-15 seconds. Not 10 minutes with a billion-inf build dedicated to getting it down to a "mere" 3 minute cooldown. 🙂

Edited by WumpusRat

On 5/6/2020 at 1:35 PM, Coyote said:

I'm not even sure that would help, since proc damage will also be crushed by the level modifier, unless you meant to slot a lot of damage procs in a higher tier to turn it into a damaging tier (like adding Cloud Senses to Lich). I think Bots can only put 1 damage proc in their T2 to try to squeeze out more damage out of them, and not all of their attacks do knockback. I totally agree, Bots are NOT a high-damage set. Their only "high damage" is against AVs, due to the heavy -Regen out of the Assault Bot... against Bosses they're really slow to grind them down.

I was mostly being facetious. I don't think there is any one mm pet that can even take 5 damage procs. 

8 minutes ago, Dixa said:

I was mostly being facetious. I don't think there is any one mm pet that can even take 5 damage procs. 

Beast Mastery's tier-1 and 3 wolves can slot 4 damage procs and the achilles heel debuff. Not quite the same, but very close. 🙂

17 hours ago, WumpusRat said:

Regardless, I simply pointed out that calling it "fast recharging" was kind of silly. It's a 10m recharge. If you manage to squeeze out a perma-hasten build (which, of the MM secondaries, only /rad and /time are really going to manage it without a 500mil+ build with a half-dozen purple sets and tons of power picks purely for recharge rather than functionality -- personally I've never found perma-hasten to be necessary except on extremely rare builds, such as my illusion/rad troller who has perma-hasten, PA, AM, and indom), more power to you, but it seems like a lot of work when you could just carry a couple break frees and not have to take 3 powers from the sorcery tree as well as a bunch of random powers just to shove global recharge into.

Anytime someone uses the term "fast recharging", I think of something that comes up in less than 10-15 seconds. Not 10 minutes with a billion-inf build dedicated to getting it down to a "mere" 3 minute cooldown. 🙂

You are throwing a lot of hyperbole around here.  Already demonstrated that Rune is down 1m45s or so with even what I consider moderate recharge.  3 min with a 1m30sec duration, which you keep missing.

And billion-influence builds only exist for someone who is a "buy it now" kind of builder.  MM ATO's are among the cheaper ones available, you can buy any PVP piece for 6MM and any VR/Purple for 11.5MM (both by buying the cheapest recipes out there and using converters to get to where you want them to be) and everything else tops out at around 5-6MM for procs and LOTG's.    Even Winter sets can be had cheaply if you just buy the Winter packs and use converters to get what you want.   Buying 10 packs for 250MM will net you easily 14-16 Winter IO's.  Enough for two full sets, plus lots of other goodies like converters, merits and such.  Sell the remainder at 20MM+ each and total net cost for each Winter IO comes in around 10-12MM each.  Buy a few extra cheaper PVP recipes, craft, and you can pay for them.  I've got 100's of PVP IO's sitting in slots on toons that are worth 1-2B easily if sold, but I've paid less than a third of that via lowball bids over time.  Converters are the new value metric in the game.

All in, while I DO have a couple of billion dollar builds, the overwhelming majority can be had for far, far cheaper....most sub-500MM with smart marketeering and converter usage.

10-15 sec is fast recharge, I'll grant you, but honestly you pick what you want, I'll do likewise, but lets stick with facts instead of made up hyperbole so those who read this can learn the facts and make informed decisions ok?

Edited by Crysis

Most of us agree that there aren't really any 'Billion Inf' builds... maybe if a toon has multiple builds... but WumpusRat's point about also having to take the power choices to support a PermaHasten build are also a factor. Ignoring both a secondary that can contribute to Global Recharge and individual +Recharge Procs:

Hasten = 70% (I think with two slots of 50+5 it is something like 99.4%?) (+1 slot)

5xLotG = 5x7.5% = 37.5% (5 different power picks, sadly "Rune of Protection" is not one of them)

3x 2-slot Mark of Supremacy = 3x6.25% = 18.75% (3 henchmen/pet summon powers) (+3 slots)

5xVery Rare sets = 5x10% = 50% (+20 slots)

and then I think you still need at least one more Global recharge bonus (could be as few as +3 more slots with the other ATO, or 4-slot a Hold)

In any case, I think it would be a peculiar Mastermind build that achieved Perma-Hasten in this way. I think you can get the 5 opportunities to slot the LotG +Recharge in as few as two power pools, the henchmen slotting is likely to be sub-par, and then you have to come up with 6 powers with a LOT of extra slots. On the flip side, the Accuracy bonuses form the Very Rare sets should help the henchmen!

For max DPS Thugs/Storm is probably the highest DPS in the game let alone as a MM. Can still softcap all pet def and softcap S/L/E def with 30ish resist for yourself. But yeah you are not indestructable. You have a Psi hole you need to watch out for. My current build:

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1574;759;1518;HEX;|
|78DA65544B4F135118BD77664A9996D2228F82144A5BA0654AA71D752D898808528|
|3167C2C0C19A1D09A9636ED34C2D2857FC08D2B4DDCB8746502BA334A108CFFC0F8|
|DA18178AF1B1AE5FEFF7A54CD2499B73E7DCF33DEEB9F74E7AEB7CC7B3D97B538CF|
|BA60B66B5BA9236AB56B652CC6FAE392F9B56AD6216183CEE8C655AF9D5914CAE64|
|39E1DD7F2C5BC9D48AC5D2A6BE94AB6D548336FE5C6D7D5DCF58A54A9124F9CD0DE|
|65E2C950AFA85427E236779C578216BAE652BD55CBEEC12EF997236BBE641594305|
|518199727E55B7A54E9BAB59EA74BB1FDAD1E1FFDAC1E8A93BD83585314361D24DC|
|2CF1263432A533E21B67FA4F7AF0D54585969C6C20F1EF606B2712E18993F013054|
|D6F688F031A2EBBE24B2ABE0888C5A2EF7729CBB248BB93DC8E3A0CC8E10135C17E|
|89DA47792BEDD8758854E549C73A834D74F73C33D8823C38051958D8611274288FB|
|50C84D0EB86FE0CA3B960829B6937276B6C962E5FDEF710D61E8C9433D79E2B83E8|
|DD082145ECC2B790F25C1F9DE11EE21BE85DA5D54BBEB08B913BF09FF20F6FCC55A|
|7DFFD087BE03F48843ED6EF2A85BB82F03D38BDD48BD7E2EF66AE414AAA3862CB22|
|9A0F19353FE4E72C8450EB9B9D0863A08BD889A07F100BA1D605CC40E5C47874E2E|
|139EC56E03D3D86D601BB05B61C3DF411E555804EA0E52B7831F5023F5418BC40D9|
|16B875023485C9076FE2E9408934BE12FB89EC814D68B904BA3FBC4BFC2BAA374CA|
|B620768CD63B9640ED788A30899A715D228F0829760752C6B0AE12BB8A311319C22|
|544ED0A626219635E404C9C7A8DEFE09A269F13EEE27A26C99BC437EC3941F55ECA|
|78271BB1FA532E4E5A720EE79233A84D9AC81B45DC13E30EEEDD2E4CA7E824A6E8B|
|41A747A032DF7546B61522D8CD1C29C6E61CEB4300B7646C5DED30D0E7BAB2F2A34|
|84791E473F541F7C0990ABFF7035BF208C47D0B7A3638EF310FAD033CFC5B9FA69D|
|7C730DF2FBBFE21F6107A80FB74CBD560B1D66DDBD8B48D176DE359ADB99EFA45DB|
|785E6BDE85FA9CD6FC82D417E04A1A14FB1FF302FD75|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

For an all round build Thugs/Time is pretty damn good. Much safer defensively but weaker offensively. Since it does not need Ageless it can get away with Clarion. Up to you what you value more.

Edited by Maxzero
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 6:43 AM, Xandyr said:

I dunno....my Beast/Time MM is pretty awesome 🤷‍♂️

i'm sure beast is fine, but it's damage is horrible with fortify pack up and it's scripting is terrible. OP wanted best damage combo, and beasts is not on the list. 

5 hours ago, 11Troy11 said:

What about Ninja/Storm? 

Raw damage not counting procs would be better.   

BUT:

• Far fewer good proc opportunities for Ninjas,  meaning Thugs not only catch up but surpass DPS.
  • Ninjas are much much less survivable.  Unlike Ninjas, the Enforcer's 2x Leadership  makes it possible for Thugs/Storm to still soft cap Def.  
  • To salt the wounds Thugs also have higher resistance. 
    • (All Ninjas except T3 Oni have 0 Resistance.    Where  T2 Enforcers have 26% Lethal and T3 Bruiser gets the same 26% S/L as Oni, so just misses Oni's Fire Resistance.) 
  • Ninjas don't have a 4th pet power for helping to slot all the pet uniques meaning it will be much more difficult to chase great set bonuses while still well slotting pets.
  • Ninja don't have a good additional pet dmg power.  Thugs get Gangwar.
  • Ninjas fragility means in real game scenarios with /Storm you'll rarely get anywhere near the full their full DPS.     The lower Def means they also get knocked down and mezzess more often.

Basically, Thugs totally outclass Ninjas.   (And I'm bitter about it because aesthetically I love Ninjas...   I mean it seems weird conceptually Ninjas should have worse Defense than Thugs...)

One key point about /Storm is that it is the only secondary where you can kill if your Henchmen are not around.

Sometimes you play in fast moving groups and its just not worth it to summon a bunch of pets and buff them. A well built /Storm can kill a whole spawn just using Epic/Villain Power pools, Tornado, LS and the odd MM attack.

On 5/11/2020 at 11:07 PM, Dixa said:

i'm sure beast is fine, but it's damage is horrible with fortify pack up and it's scripting is terrible. OP wanted best damage combo, and beasts is not on the list. 

He also asked what is the strongest MM, but perhaps you overlooked that because you were shooting me down. Anyway...

"Strongest", here,  needs more definition.  Are you simply wanting the most survivable? Absolute highest dps? Strongest defenses? Strongest debuffs? Etc etc etc 

I simply meant to state beasts/time bc:

- good damage bc they crit

- excellent buffs/debuffs from time

- excellent heals/end recovery

-can soft cap pets' defense ( without using fortify pack)

- excellent team support

- nobody ever mentions beasts

- mm attacks can be slotted with LOTS of procs

- my pets hardly die

- perma Chronoshift

- fun combo

It's universally agreed to go /storm if all you care about is damage. I would pair it with thugs. I had a thugs/storm back on live and it is a potent combo.

Either way, I hope the OP finds what suits his style/what he wants  and has fun...bc that's what it's all about.

• Like 1

I have both Demon/Storm and Thugs/Storm. I would prefer Demon instead as it offers -Res not only to itself and Storm but also to the team around you. So on a larger scale, it is “dps-stronger” than Thugs. 

1 hour ago, You said:

I have both Demon/Storm and Thugs/Storm. I would prefer Demon instead as it offers -Res not only to itself and Storm but also to the team around you. So on a larger scale, it is “dps-stronger” than Thugs. 

How is the surivivability of Demons though? That's probably the only thing holding me back.

My Thugs can softcap all defence with /Storm. Demons are about 20% defence with Leadership. Sure they get resistances but to me defence is much better then resists.

They need to stay alive to provide the -res.

Edited by Maxzero
  • Like 1

I will need to log on the game later to check the numbers. But i don’t normally have problem as the soft control from Storm is well enough to avoid a lot of incoming hits.

Of course, if you are aiming for softcapping defence, Thugs, Bots and Beasts are your only choice. 

But then, I specifically said “dps-strong” not def-strong. 

Edited by You

I have no solid info to add, but just woke up and am sipping my coffee and scrolling through the forum, and I swear I thought this said, "Best Dancing combo for MM". And I thought, "Wow, that would be interesting to know..."

11 hours ago, Xandyr said:

He also asked what is the strongest MM, but perhaps you overlooked that because you were shooting me down. Anyway...

"Strongest", here,  needs more definition.  Are you simply wanting the most survivable? Absolute highest dps? Strongest defenses? Strongest debuffs? Etc etc etc 

I simply meant to state beasts/time bc:

- good damage bc they crit

- excellent buffs/debuffs from time

- excellent heals/end recovery

-can soft cap pets' defense ( without using fortify pack)

- excellent team support

- nobody ever mentions beasts

- mm attacks can be slotted with LOTS of procs

- my pets hardly die

- perma Chronoshift

- fun combo

It's universally agreed to go /storm if all you care about is damage. I would pair it with thugs. I had a thugs/storm back on live and it is a potent combo.

Either way, I hope the OP finds what suits his style/what he wants  and has fun...bc that's what it's all about.

it's not the strongest. hands down, nothing is stronger than thugs. single target. aoe. it doesn't matter - nothing is stronger than thugs whether you factor in a secondary or not. 

it is the only set where all three tiers of pets do amazing damage AND it focuses it's damage evenly between the tier 2 and tier 3. all other sets have some sort of aura or cc or what not that takes away from their damage potential. even with leadership toggles, the enforcers lose to no tier 2 damage wise. they are also easy to softcap

beasts? they can crit, but NOT with fortify pack up. if you perma fortify pack you don't crit and beast damage drops into the toilet. a purely single target focused set where most of the damage is on the tier 1's, heavily reliant on procs to handle +3's and don't bother with +4's without incarnate shift and it can't crit? 

point by point:

good damage bc they crit - not with fortify pack up. that's a full minute of zero crits

excellent buffs/debuffs from time - this is true no matter the primary beasts has nothing to do with it

excellent heals/end recovery - again, nothing to do with beasts

can soft cap pets defenses - not as easily as thugs who can do it without needing all of the mm unique io's allowing you to slot even more damage or procs

excellent team support - mm's are not a very good teaming at in general. this is entirely on time, not beasts.

mm attacks can be slotted with lots of procs - thugs beats beast in this regard. damage procs, debuff procs, a handy power to park all 6 mm unique io's without affecting your pets actual damage in any way? it beats everyone with only demons coming in second

your pets hardly die? turn up the difficulty

perma chronoshift - beasts has nothing to do with this.

fun combo - I disagree. there is not enough power in it for me to find it fun given the total lack of aoe. it takes a beast player far longer than just about any other mm set that has aoe's to kill a pack especially if you are dumb enough to pop fortify pack

and to your last point about fun - the op is likely finds the "fun" in POWER. the OP  - like me - POWER = FUN. Animations? cuteness? fleeting. Power is forever in this game (until it's nerfed). thugs/whatever is where the power is. beasts is not in the running. if you want to compromise, get demons.

7 hours ago, CosmicDreamShade said:

I have no solid info to add, but just woke up and am sipping my coffee and scrolling through the forum, and I swear I thought this said, "Best Dancing combo for MM". And I thought, "Wow, that would be interesting to know..."

I think I'd go with Necro/Kin. Because speed boosted, Fulcrum Shifted, Inertially Reduced Zombies ballet-jumping around the dance floor while the Lich sings an aria is a sight you'll never forget.

No matter how hard you try.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dixa said:

...hands down, nothing is stronger than thugs. single target. aoe. it doesn't matter - nothing is stronger than thugs whether you factor in a secondary or not.

This is quite a bit overstated, and in that extreme form very likely not true.    Think about what you're claiming here.   You're claiming that regardless of 2ndary choice Thugs will do more DPS than any other pet set.   Thugs have very limited ability for -Res and getting that one optimal Achilles proc slotting in Enforcers costs you a very valuable IO slot in Enforcers that could be another Dmg Proc, Gaussian's or Def IO for their Leadership.   

Just between the attacks Demons give your mastermind and the Demons own attacks, that set can stack a massive amount of -Res making up a huge amount of the DPS gap from it's inferior Dmg proc options. Even if Thugs slot the Achilles, it doesn't stack with itself, so maxes at -20% Res.   Something to keep in mind here is that  -Res is a force multiplier for dmg from your teammates and other non-Mastermind pets.  

Importantly top Lore Pets do a lot of DPS, so the -Res stacking from Demons + BP Lore Pets will likely out do Thugs + BP Lore pets by a considerable amount.  Note that the -Res in this case works in double advantage for Demons, because BP also do -45% Cold/Neg Res and unlike Thugs,  Demons do a good portion of their damage in Cold.     For 2ndaries that have their own strong sources of -Res this maybe won't be as noticeable, but on something like EA that has no -Res of it's, it will be a significant DPS setback for Thugs.  Lore pets are only up half time, so tough to say how that averages out overall.  But when you factor in Dmg from Teammates it's very very clear the -Res will win out over any raw proc DPS advantage Thugs may have.   

A few reasons we haven't seen tons of absolutely insane Pylon numbers for Demons is they suffer from "I've fallen and can't getup syndrome" that the Pylon routinely triggers with it's KD, also I believe most tests were not using Lore pets which as mentioned due to doubled -Res stacking should greatly benefit Demons.  But @Frosticus mentioned an early Demon/Storm build of his doing over 900 DPS in  @Maxzero's Pylon DPS thread: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7349-after-700-dps-troller-time-for-my-next-project/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-204435

What makes Thugs so strong, is their stacked Maneuvers Leadership makes it possible to easily softcap them AND that they do massive dmg, have great slotting options from 4th pet power Gangwar, have great Dmg proc and Gaussian slot options, +Tohit, etc.    Another thing worth noting is that Thugs DPS feels comparatively so much better in game play due to how sturdy they are often built, with their high Defense protecting from a lot of mezzes and debuffs, early deaths etc...    

Thugs/Storm is particularly potent solo because Steamy Mist adds just enough +Def along with Maneuvers, Pet uniques and Enforcer Def slotting to take Thugs to Soft Cap.   To do it's best work /Storm needs pets that are mostly self-sufficient and Thugs deliver.

2 hours ago, Dr Causality said:

This is quite a bit overstated, and in that extreme form very likely not true.    Think about what you're claiming here.   You're claiming that regardless of 2ndary choice Thugs will do more DPS than any other pet set.   Thugs have very limited ability for -Res and getting that one optimal Achilles proc slotting in Enforcers costs you a very valuable IO slot in Enforcers that could be another Dmg Proc, Gaussian's or Def IO for their Leadership.   

Just between the attacks Demons give your mastermind and the Demons own attacks, that set can stack a massive amount of -Res making up a huge amount of the DPS gap from it's inferior Dmg proc options. Even if Thugs slot the Achilles, it doesn't stack with itself, so maxes at -20% Res.   Something to keep in mind here is that  -Res is a force multiplier for dmg from your teammates and other non-Mastermind pets.  

Importantly top Lore Pets do a lot of DPS, so the -Res stacking from Demons + BP Lore Pets will likely out do Thugs + BP Lore pets by a considerable amount.  Note that the -Res in this case works in double advantage for Demons, because BP also do -45% Cold/Neg Res and unlike Thugs,  Demons do a good portion of their damage in Cold.     For 2ndaries that have their own strong sources of -Res this maybe won't be as noticeable, but on something like EA that has no -Res of it's, it will be a significant DPS setback for Thugs.  Lore pets are only up half time, so tough to say how that averages out overall.  But when you factor in Dmg from Teammates it's very very clear the -Res will win out over any raw proc DPS advantage Thugs may have.   

A few reasons we haven't seen tons of absolutely insane Pylon numbers for Demons is they suffer from "I've fallen and can't getup syndrome" that the Pylon routinely triggers with it's KD, also I believe most tests were not using Lore pets which as mentioned due to doubled -Res stacking should greatly benefit Demons.  But @Frosticus mentioned an early Demon/Storm build of his doing over 900 DPS in  @Maxzero's Pylon DPS thread: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7349-after-700-dps-troller-time-for-my-next-project/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-204435

What makes Thugs so strong, is their stacked Maneuvers Leadership makes it possible to easily softcap them AND that they do massive dmg, have great slotting options from 4th pet power Gangwar, have great Dmg proc and Gaussian slot options, +Tohit, etc.    Another thing worth noting is that Thugs DPS feels comparatively so much better in game play due to how sturdy they are often built, with their high Defense protecting from a lot of mezzes and debuffs, early deaths etc...    

Thugs/Storm is particularly potent solo because Steamy Mist adds just enough +Def along with Maneuvers, Pet uniques and Enforcer Def slotting to take Thugs to Soft Cap.   To do it's best work /Storm needs pets that are mostly self-sufficient and Thugs deliver.

if you are going to include personal attacks, then include them equally. you can slot -res in thugs personals as well to keep it up permanently

and I never factor in lore pets for anything. 

11 hours ago, Dixa said:

it's not the strongest. hands down, nothing is stronger than thugs. single target. aoe. it doesn't matter - nothing is stronger than thugs whether you factor in a secondary or not. 

it is the only set where all three tiers of pets do amazing damage AND it focuses it's damage evenly between the tier 2 and tier 3. all other sets have some sort of aura or cc or what not that takes away from their damage potential. even with leadership toggles, the enforcers lose to no tier 2 damage wise. they are also easy to softcap

beasts? they can crit, but NOT with fortify pack up. if you perma fortify pack you don't crit and beast damage drops into the toilet. a purely single target focused set where most of the damage is on the tier 1's, heavily reliant on procs to handle +3's and don't bother with +4's without incarnate shift and it can't crit? 

point by point:

good damage bc they crit - not with fortify pack up. that's a full minute of zero crits

excellent buffs/debuffs from time - this is true no matter the primary beasts has nothing to do with it

excellent heals/end recovery - again, nothing to do with beasts

can soft cap pets defenses - not as easily as thugs who can do it without needing all of the mm unique io's allowing you to slot even more damage or procs

excellent team support - mm's are not a very good teaming at in general. this is entirely on time, not beasts.

mm attacks can be slotted with lots of procs - thugs beats beast in this regard. damage procs, debuff procs, a handy power to park all 6 mm unique io's without affecting your pets actual damage in any way? it beats everyone with only demons coming in second

your pets hardly die? turn up the difficulty

perma chronoshift - beasts has nothing to do with this.

fun combo - I disagree. there is not enough power in it for me to find it fun given the total lack of aoe. it takes a beast player far longer than just about any other mm set that has aoe's to kill a pack especially if you are dumb enough to pop fortify pack

and to your last point about fun - the op is likely finds the "fun" in POWER. the OP  - like me - POWER = FUN. Animations? cuteness? fleeting. Power is forever in this game (until it's nerfed). thugs/whatever is where the power is. beasts is not in the running. if you want to compromise, get demons.

Damn dude....chill out.

My difficulty is turned up. Maxed actually. 

I don't use fortify pack. Don't need to. Beasts are soft capped.

"Fun" is what, I thought, this game was all about. Guess I was wrong.

I will agree that thugs are awesome. I like the fact that you slot slot the uniques in a power like you said. That's icing on the cake.

Either way, play what you feel is best. That's fine. That's your prerogative.

Straight up highest damage output is thugs/storm. Have fun.

3 hours ago, Dr Causality said:

careful,  he'll go off on you too 😆

Should I give him another target?

Thugs/Storm is highest over multiple scenarios including AoE.

Demons/Storm is highest on a single hard target like an AV, because multiplying Storm damage by about 60% -Resist is a huge improvement over proc opportunities. Although that debuff goes down to about 40% against +3s so as the level goes up, the damage advantage goes down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dixa said:

if you are going to include personal attacks, then include them equally. you can slot -res in thugs personals as well to keep it up permanently

It's no comparison, the Thugs personal attacks don't help.    You can't stack procs from Achilles, so the most you ever get will be -20%.   

And the cooldown on the Thugs personal attacks means their proc chances for Achilles are not reliable:

With Zero Recharge Enhancement Achilles proc chances are:

• Pistols w/ it's 3s cooldown just: 24.5%
  • Dual Wield w/ 8s is 42%
  • And Empty Clips your AOE proc opportunity:   is 30.7% 

You should probably skip the single target Thug attacks and take something like Weaken Resolve since it has capped 90% proc chance and it's own -12.98% Res.   But Demons can take that too....

Demon powers,  like Sonic,  stack their -Res, unlike procs can be slotted for Recharge to maximize the -Res stacking.   

• You can easily maintain 2x Corruption and 1x Crack Whip for a total of -28% Res
  • Hellfire Demonling has Corruption that does -15% Res for 5s on 4s cooldown
  • Hellfire Gargoyle  has the same Corruption -15% Res

You regularly should hit peaks of -58% Res, but will more often maintain -43%.  These are raw that will be decrease by AV/Gm resistance but still are very sizable.     And again you too can take powers that give you the Achilles proc, plus you get the bonus of benefitting from the BP Lore Pet -Cold Res.    All together this let's you stack Sonic attack level -Res.

and I never factor in lore pets for anything. 

Why would you ignore game powers when theory crafting?     Ignoring data is only good for politicians and product marketing.  🙂

• Like 1