Rad Armor/Martial Arts: 45% Melee, Ranged, AoE, 90% resists.

Sovera

A Rad Armor version of this build.

It is in all ways a superior version:

- Two heals instead of one with Radiation Therapy super fast recharge doubling as an endurance clicky.

- Particle Shielding doubling as an absorption shield.

- Passive recovery with Gamma Boost to not be gasping for Power Sink to finish recharging.

- Much improved recharge with Beta Decay that further adds -5% ToHit.

Still keeps:

- 45% to Melee/Ranged/AoE (with Barrier's 5%).

- 90% to all (with Barrier's 5% and two stacks of the Tanker's ATO) with the exception of Psi that sits at around ish 64% and Cold at 69% once having Barrier's 5% and three stacks of the Tanker ATO that HD is not showing.

- Electrifying Fences and Ball Lightning for PvE.

- Two Force Feedback procs to further accelerate the build.

- 105% recharge/slow debuff resistance.

Current numbers with one stack of the ATO.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Martial Arts
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(3)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Storm Kick -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), TchofDth-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15), Rct-ResDam%(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17)
Level 6: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(21), Prv-Heal/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(23)
Level 10: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(25)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 14: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Crane Kick -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(29), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 22: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Gamma Boost -- SynSck-EndMod(A), SynSck-Dam/Rech(34), SynSck-EndMod/Rech(34), SynSck-Dam/Rech/Acc(36), SynSck-Dam/Acc/End(36)
Level 26: Particle Shielding -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal(37), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(39)
Level 28: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Build%(40)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 32: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(43)
Level 38: Eagles Claw -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(46), Artl-Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(48)
Level 44: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(50)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
------------

Edited by Sovera

For some reason I can never open your builds in Mids.  Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?  I'd love to see how you got to the defense numbers that you achieved.

At a glance it looks like you've got enough recharge in Radiation Therapy to seriously hamstring your proc chances for ToE +End.  Probably not an issue for your setup though, so, you know, carry on and whatnot. 🙂

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Um, I think so?  I have been able to open other posted builds.

I did a fresh Mids install from the Forums links in mid-March when I discovered HC even existed.

Maybe I should check for another update since then?  I appear to be running v2.6.0.7 (DBi 26 Version: 19:1021)  I'll take a look, "Check for Updates" within Mids doesn't net anything - first thing I tried, lol.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 minute ago, InvaderStych said:

Um, I think so?  I have been able to open other posted builds.

I did a fresh Mids install from the Forums links in mid-March when I discovered HC even existed.

Maybe I should check for another update since then?  I appear to be running v2.6.0.7 (DBi 26 Version: 19:1021)  I'll take a look, "Check for Updates" within Mids doesn't net anything - first thing I tried, lol.

You have an old version. Go to the Tools Forum, go to Mids Reborn Unofficial, it will link you to github that will allow you to download database updates. Look for Bleeding Edge updates

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I tried really hard to like Eagle's Claw. The animation is fun looking and the numbers are good, just as @Sir Myshkinmade a very compelling argument to take it because of the long term endurance costs and the damage buff it provides... but I cannot make myself to like long ass 2.8 animations and it kills my enjoyment to even press the button.

So I returned to the good old Crippling Axe Kick.

The ST rotation becomes Crippling Axe Kick, Storm Kick, Crane kick, Storm Kick. In a team while under recharge buffs I found myself not needing the second Storm Kick which increases the overall damage.

In order to get some slots back I dismantled Gamma Boost and spread the slots around which keeps the hasten still at 130 seconds (one target in range) the same though loses some (hidden) recovery. Radiation Therapy is just that powerful though, and Particle Shielding can be used on CD simply for the recovery aspect so all is well though I have not tried a pylon to see if the endurance bar survives wailing solo on something for 3-5 minutes.

Spoiler

https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(3), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(3)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Storm Kick -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), TchofDth-Dam%(13)
Level 4: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15), Rct-ResDam%(15), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(17)
Level 6: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(21), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(21), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(23), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(23), Pnc-Heal(25)
Level 10: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(27)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 14: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Crane Kick -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 22: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(36)
Level 26: Particle Shielding -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(36), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), NmnCnv-Heal(37), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(37)
Level 28: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(40), GssSynFr--Build%(40)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), AchHee-ResDeb%(50)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(45)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(46), Artl-Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(46), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(48), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(48)
Level 44: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
------------

Ooh. Some interesting choices there, you really shouldn't need the ToE proc thanks to Particle Shiekding.  I'll take a look on Mids' when I'm not working later.

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

No Ground Zero or Meltdown? hmm

I start every fight with Particle Shielding and Ground Zero. 

Edited by KC4800
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

16 minutes ago, KC4800 said:

No Ground Zero or Meltdown? hmm

I start every fight with Particle Shielding and Ground Zero. 

Meltdown is not needed when resists are hardcapped and endurance is positive. Ground Zero is more damage than Ball Lightning (124 damage every 10 seconds VS 430 proc filled every 30). As mentioned I just don't like mini nukes (especially with 3.1 animations) but it's a choice.

1 hour ago, skoryy said:

Ooh. Some interesting choices there, you really shouldn't need the ToE proc thanks to Particle Shiekding.  I'll take a look on Mids' when I'm not working later.

Probably not, but it only cost one slot and I'm not starved for them. I could switch to Preventive Medecine instead of Panacea and get the absorb proc into the build. That would give me more S/L resist than I need so I could change the slotting in Tough. Overall it is for single target situations that ToE is slotted in though. I'll have to see how well the build handles long stretches of hitting things. In AoE situations my endurance depletes much faster and I need to use Radiation Therapy more often, but AoEs chug endurance and in AoE situations we are surrounded by enemies anyway. The ST attacks are much cheaper.

Hmm... Yes, you're right, I should test this.

Here's my Rad/StJ if you want some more ideas.  She's not softcapped to defense, but I've found that between all her resists, Particle Shielding, and Barrier, she really didn't need it:

https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Agent Trinity: Level 50 Science Tanker
Secondary Power Set: Street Justice
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-EndRdx(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(3), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Initial Strike -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(5), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(7), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Heavy Blow -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(13)
Level 4: Proton Armor -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-EndRdx(17), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(19), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 6: Fallout Shelter -- StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(21), GldArm-3defTpProc(21)
Level 8: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 10: Radiation Therapy -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(23), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- ShlBrk-%Dam(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(25), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(25), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(27), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 14: Gamma Boost -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal(29), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(29)
Level 16: Combat Readiness -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(31), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(31), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 20: Rib Cracker -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(34)
Level 22: Taunt -- PrfZng-Dam%(A)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(34)
Level 26: Ground Zero -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Erd-Dmg(36), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(37)
Level 28: Spinning Strike -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(37), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39)
Level 30: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40)
Level 32: Meltdown -- Ags-ResDam/Rchg(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(40)
Level 35: Shin Breaker -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), AchHee-ResDeb%(43)
Level 38: Crushing Uppercut -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Hct-Acc/Rchg(45), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Hct-Dam%(46)
Level 41: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(46), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(17)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Mighty Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Longbow Radial Superior Ally 
------------

• Thanks 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

• 2 weeks later

I was posting and replying to @Sovera in another thread when Rad Armor came up.  Long story short, I didn't like my Rad/Psi Melee tank, but that might have been because Psi Melee turned me off (especially after the "fix" to Greater Psi Blade), but also that I didn't slot/build as best I could.

So it got me to thinking:  maybe I'll do a Rad/MA, since MA (Storm Kick) really makes resistance-based sets viable (in my opinion, obviously).  So I made a toon (sitting in Nova P. now, waiting to level up) and this is the build I have planned thus far:

Spoiler

https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Radiated Roy: Level 50 Natural Tanker
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(17)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(33)
Level 2: Storm Kick -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(9), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(9), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(11), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(11)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(13)
Level 6: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(15), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(17)
Level 8: Radiation Therapy -- ThfofEss-Heal/Rchg(A), ThfofEss-+End%(19), Erd-%Dam(19), ScrDrv-Dam%(33), Obl-%Dam(34), Arm-Dam%(50)
Level 10: Warrior's Provocation -- MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg(A), MckBrt-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(40), MckBrt-Acc/Rchg(40), MckBrt-Rchg(43), MckBrt-Taunt/Rng(50), MckBrt-Taunt(50)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(A), ShlBrk-DefDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(34), ShlBrk-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ShlBrk-%Dam(37)
Level 14: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(39), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(43), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(43), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(31), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(39)
Level 22: Gamma Boost -- Mrc-Heal(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(23), PrfShf-EndMod(23), PrfShf-End%(25)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResPsi(27), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27), GldArm-3defTpProc(29)
Level 28: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(42), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Build%(48)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(31), LucoftheG-Def(34)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 35: Crippling Axe Kick -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(39)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(45), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 41: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Super Speed -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(42)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(40)
------------

Not sure how it will play out, but I like the idea of proc'ing Radiation Therapy and making it not only a decent heal/end source, but a solid PBAoE.  Hopefully this will work.

Because Rad Armor is a slot-heavy set, I had to skip or 1-slot/power-pick some things.  I skipped Ground Zero (see Rad Therapy) and Meltdown (I always skip the T9 armor, in general).  I also left Tactics 1-slotted (end+5).  I didn't get as much +rech as I'd like, but Hasten is only 12s off perma (132s) w/o any buffs.

From the Mids' totals, it looks decent enough; neither screen-grab has incarnates or any other buff than bare toggles (no mob-scaling, etc):

image.png.450209533e519ed9bd93ee45574a4011.png_____image.png.5a531c203a55bbb642d557716ecbc7e4.png

___(w/o Storm Kick/ATO, just sitting with toggles on)_____________(with Storm Kick/ATO on, and toggles)_________

Slotting looks like this (so you don't have to d/l the build if you don't want):

image.png.4a3b8375195c14df1a8004a4be1ee5f6.png

Comments welcomed and encouraged!  Thanks to @Sovera for the spark to start this!

Edited by r0y

OK, so Particle Shielding was toggled on... missed that, but since it's perma, I'll likely bind it to my side movement keys:

/bind a "+left$$powexecauto Particle Shielding"   and  /bind d "+right$$powexecauto Particle Shielding"

Since Hasten will have the forward key already:

/bind w "+forward$$powexecauto Hasten"

And I usually reserve the backward key for my Destiny slot:

/bind s "+backward$$powexecauto <whatever I pick>"

Speaking of which, what do Rad Armor tanks usually pick for incarnate slots?  

Alpha:  Spiritual Core = perma Hasten, buff to regen/healing  OR  Cardiac Core = help with End and small resist buff (meh)  OR  Vigor Core = some end help, some regen help

(leaning towards Spiritual, but if endurance is an issue, Cardiac)

Interface:  either Reactive Radial or Degen Radial

Judgement:  probably SMASH THE GROUND BOOM UP YOU GO AWESOMSAUCE!  just because!  (yeah yeah, Ion and Pyro... did I mention SMASH THE GROUND AND UP YOU GO! ?)

Destiny:  always the hangup... Ageless to solve end OR def debuff res/fill-end-bar, Barrier for +Def, or Rebirth for Regen/2-min heal, PLUS incan for many uses in iTrials (always craft a T1 incan)

Lore:  everyone takes BP core (except farmers, BP radial)

Hybrid:  Support Core to top off defenses, Melee Core to top boost/cap resists & regen, or assault for damage?

Not sure yet, I'll figure out what I need by 50, I'm sure.  I do want more recharge (duh), better end management, and more regen always helps...

Edited by r0y

5 minutes ago, r0y said:

Comments welcomed and encouraged!  Thanks to @Sovera for the spark to start this!

- You've broken the 45% defense to melee/ranged/AoE and I am not sure what you've gained in return.

- You've also lost the 1-2 damage procs per attack to help with the damage.

- You've also lost the two extra AoEs to help with killage and I'm not sure again what you've gained in return? The faster you kill the less time you're being hit.

- You can also pretty much coast through leveling and even the end-game on Radiation Therapy alone with Particle Shielding either for those hard moments or for extra endurance. Turning Radiation Therapy into a proc bomb instead is a bold strategy, though I know some people do the same with Dark Regeneration.

- You have way too much resistance already. You should read the original post I link in the OP that leads to the Elec/MA build where I go more in-depth about resistances and the Superior Might of the Tanker stacks. Basically the first time you hit Thunder kick you'll be overcapped, which makes the second and third stack useless. You have an amazing 15% resistances-across-the-board ATO and you should aim, IMO, in leveraging it. Considering how Storm Kick should be something you will spam for the defense the ATO really should be in there. Thunder kick is not necessary for the Crippling Axe Kick, Storm Kick, Crane Kick, Storm Kick rotation.

- You're overcapped on accuracy so Tactics does nothing for you.

1 minute ago, r0y said:

Speaking of which, what do Rad Armor tanks usually pick for incarnate slots?  

Alpha:  Spiritual Core = perma Hasten, buff to regen/healing  OR  Cardiac Core = help with End and small resist buff (meh)  OR  Vigor Core = some end help, some regen help

(leaning towards Spiritual, but if endurance is an issue, Cardiac)

Interface:  either Reactive Radial or Degen Radial

Judgement:  probably SMASH THE GROUND BOOM UP YOU GO AWESOMSAUCE!  just because!  (yeah yeah, Ion and Pyro... did I mention SMASH THE GROUND AND UP YOU GO! ?)

Destiny:  always the hangup... Ageless to solve end OR def debuff res/fill-end-bar, Barrier for +Def, or Rebirth for Regen/2-min heal, PLUS incan for many uses in iTrials (always craft a T1 incan)

Lore:  everyone takes BP core (except farmers, BP radial)

Hybrid:  Support Core to top off defenses, Melee Core to top boost/cap resists & regen, or assault for damage?

Not sure yet, I'll figure out what I need by 50, I'm sure.  I do want more recharge (duh), better end management, and more regen always helps...

I can only speak for myself. But

- Musculature 45%. (Hasten is at 130 seconds. With more mobs around (and when is a Tanker not surrounded by mobs?) this goes down. FF proc in Crane Kick and Dragon Tail Kick will also go off reliably. Hasten is plenty perma and past. Cardiac is not needed, Rad Armor overflows with Endurance since Radiation Therapy is the son of Dark Regen and Energy Drain, plus Gamma Boost, plus Particle Shielding. No, seriously, you'll be fine in Endurance.)

- Degenerative.

- Barrier (5% defense to finish reaching 45%, 5% res to all)

- Assault.

If my emphasis on extra AoEs and Incarnate choices seem all damage oriented that's because they are. The build is strong by itself and we don't need to go with the trope that a tank is a low damage impervious character.

Now, all of this said, experimentation is healthy and it's super easy to respec in and out of stuff, so definitely try things, that's how new discoveries are made and not everyone's playstyle is suited for everyone else.

9 hours ago, Sovera said:

- You've broken the 45% defense to melee/ranged/AoE and I am not sure what you've gained in return.

Incarnate levels.  Those "broken" defenses are because 45% is not the softcap when mobs are 54.  I generally try to aim for 59% for +4's.

- You've also lost the 1-2 damage procs per attack to help with the damage.

- You've also lost the two extra AoEs to help with killage and I'm not sure again what you've gained in return? The faster you kill the less time you're being hit.

I'm not a "mostly proc" kind of player.  Damage will be handled by my team (I usually team with 7 others, or in league play).  If I need to do damage, I'll bring a damage AT.

Even at 37, my Dragon's Tail is up every 5-6 seconds, so AoE is "not bad" because of the recent changes to Tank AoE's.  It's a great mitigating power with KB-KD proc and for how often it's cast (which I thought was not good for procs?).

You can also pretty much coast through leveling and even the end-game on Radiation Therapy alone with Particle Shielding either for those hard moments or for extra endurance. Turning Radiation Therapy into a proc bomb instead is a bold strategy, though I know some people do the same with Dark Regeneration.

So far, in leveling (started in Praetoria, 1-14 or so, then PL'd to 37 and started blue-side content, TFs, etc) I use Rad Therapy as an AoE damage/heal/end and it's up between 22-33s depending on +recharge (and Beta Decay), which is nice.  Hitting 4-5 dudes gives me full heal, full end (though I don't need end, I discovered, with how Gamma Boost is slotted).  It's a great power for that.  Dark Regen heals for a LOT before enhancements (30% base?), so it WANTS to be proc'd out.  It also has a 30s recharge vs. 60s for Rad Therapy.  Proc'd out AoE powers that have quickish™ recharges (whatever they do) are good (30s is ideal, as the 2.5ppm if only using global rech).

Considering how Storm Kick should be something you will spam for the defense the ATO really should be in there. Thunder kick is not necessary for the Crippling Axe Kick, Storm Kick, Crane Kick, Storm Kick rotation.

No, but Thunder Kick is necessary for the -Resistance debuff it places on the mob, so it's getting spammed, too.  I get your point.  If I keep it 1-slotted (an accuracy or something), I can use the slots and maybe pick up Ground Zero and proc it out (it would do almost twice the damage that Rad Therapy does, since I have heal/end in 2 slots, but it would recharge in 30-45s vs. 20-30s).  Kind of long, and I actually use Rad Therapy when I need health, or if I see I'm not needing it, then I spam it every time it's up.  So I am limiting my use ("hey, will I need a heal in about 10s?  or should I hit this now?")

You're overcapped on accuracy so Tactics does nothing for you.

Correct and not correct.  I am not needing it for acc (much at all)* and is there for Fear and Confuse resist (takes them both over 100%), as well as +perception.  Nice to have for a 1-slot throw-away, late-game power.  *also note:  incarnate stuff requires slightly better accuracy for +4's and such.  In Mids, I set my global accuracy from 75% (default) to 39% (I believe @Bopper suggested this somewhere) - that way, when I see acc above 95% (soft-cap) I know I'm good.  Anything over is a buffer for debuffs (acc and/or tohit).  It's padding.  The reality will be:  I don't run the toggle unless there's confuse or fear potential happening (or I get blinded).

- Musculature 45%. (Hasten is at 130 seconds. With more mobs around (and when is a Tanker not surrounded by mobs?) this goes down. FF proc in Crane Kick and Dragon Tail Kick will also go off reliably. Hasten is plenty perma and past. Cardiac is not needed, Rad Armor overflows with Endurance since Radiation Therapy is the son of Dark Regen and Energy Drain, plus Gamma Boost, plus Particle Shielding. No, seriously, you'll be fine in Endurance.)

- Degenerative.

- Barrier (5% defense to finish reaching 45%, 5% res to all)

- Assault.

Yeah, I'm finding out I don't have any endurance problems whatsoever.  So I'll likely do the +damage.  I'm also choosing Degen more and more (used to be 100% reactive radial).  I do like how you, in the same critique, call out my having too much resists and defense THEN say Barrier to finish reaching defense and resists!  (I do love that).  😉

Good criticisms, to be sure, but I think my playstyle is old school tanking:  herd the map, constantly spam DoTs (where available) and Taunt to juggle the over-capped mass of herds.  I may revisit trying to add back in Ground Zero... or another AoE (epic/ball lightning)...  prob. an epic, as it's TAoE, and that's more options and juggle-taunting...

I did this with some +3(?) crey earlier today.  Massive herd of them, I dropped.  Rad Therapy just wasn't up fast enough (well, I was doomed from the start); but I like to push my limits on tanking, and to me, that's grabbing massive herds that all the CC and Damage dealers drool over to debuff (rains), immobs, nukes, etc.  Sure they ALL aren't hitting ALL the mobs, but each hits their cap, and there's overlap.  It's a wonderful thing to see over 40 mobs evaporate in a single herd-pull.

...then there's the kheld... (or anyone who still knocks BACK).  ugh.

Edited by r0y

4 hours ago, r0y said:

No, but Thunder Kick is necessary for the -Resistance debuff it places on the mob, so it's getting spammed, too.

That's been removed in the tanker patch.

4 hours ago, r0y said:

Correct and not correct.  I am not needing it for acc (much at all)* and is there for Fear and Confuse resist (takes them both over 100%), as well as +perception.  Nice to have for a 1-slot throw-away, late-game power.  *also note:  incarnate stuff requires slightly better accuracy for +4's and such.  In Mids, I set my global accuracy from 75% (default) to 39% (I believe @Bopper suggested this somewhere) - that way, when I see acc above 95% (soft-cap) I know I'm good.  Anything over is a buffer for debuffs (acc and/or tohit).  It's padding.  The reality will be:  I don't run the toggle unless there's confuse or fear potential happening (or I get blinded).

Yeah, I'm finding out I don't have any endurance problems whatsoever.  So I'll likely do the +damage.  I'm also choosing Degen more and more (used to be 100% reactive radial).  I do like how you, in the same critique, call out my having too much resists and defense THEN say Barrier to finish reaching defense and resists!  (I do love that).  😉

Are you sure about the accuracy thing? Because with each incarnate level shift their con drops to us. I looked it up but couldn't find a source about the accuracy thing to say either way. I've done  incarnate content with 45% defense and I'll be honest I did not notice the difference. If it's a full team of incarnates, then incarnate content or not it just melts. Your basis is still 90% resists and defense just a layer.

As for the Barrier remark, context, man. You're trying to reach 59%. 5% allows to juggle your slotting. Juggling the ATO proc also means you can juggle your resists and move slots around since you know you can depend at *least* on 14% resists from two stacks of the ATO. With Barrier you know you can depend on 19% resists. That means you can play with your slotting, ease on some bonuses, aim for others.

I've personally removed Assault from the original build to grab Taunt. It's a fat 15% damage to all but Taunt is almost solely for Tinpex and pulling Battle Maiden from the blue circles.

Edited by Sovera

13 hours ago, Sovera said:

Are you sure about the accuracy thing? Because with each incarnate level shift their con drops to us. I looked it up but couldn't find a source about the accuracy thing to say either way. I've done  incarnate content with 45% defense and I'll be honest I did not notice the difference. If it's a full team of incarnates, then incarnate content or not it just melts. Your basis is still 90% resists and defense just a layer.

I was conflating two things at once, and it was confusing.  I mean for when I do +4 content; without level-shifts taken into account.  So if I am doing a Numina TF, for instance, or similar, but set it at +4.  Not a good day for me being clear, that's for sure!

The 39% accuracy mids setting I stole from (I believe, but could be wrong) @Bopper (totally sounds like something he'd do).  He had all kinds of math and reasoning behind it (well, it made sense whatever it was, because I went in and changed mine).

2 minutes ago, r0y said:

I was conflating two things at once, and it was confusing.  I mean for when I do +4 content; without level-shifts taken into account.  So if I am doing a Numina TF, for instance, or similar, but set it at +4.  Not a good day for me being clear, that's for sure!

The 39% accuracy mids setting I stole from (I believe, but could be wrong) @Bopper (totally sounds like something he'd do).  He had all kinds of math and reasoning behind it (well, it made sense whatever it was, because I went in and changed mine).

Yes, it's how I have mine set as well.  Though only for +3.

For base to hit chance for various level shifts, I refer you to the Attack Mechanics article on paragon wiki

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Attack_Mechanics

In Incarnate content, you can achieve +3 level shift, which makes +4 missions a +1 relative to you (use 65% base to-hit in Mids to show +1 level).

In non-incarnate level 50 (maybe anything 45+), you will still have +1 level shift for having a T3+ Alpha slotted, making +4 content a +3 relative to you (use 48% base to-hit in Mids to show +3 level).

If you have no level shifts, then the +4 would have a base to-hit chance of 39%

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

13 hours ago, Sovera said:
17 hours ago, r0y said:

No, but Thunder Kick is necessary for the -Resistance debuff it places on the mob, so it's getting spammed, too.

That's been removed in the tanker patch.

That sucks.  Back to mostly-useless T1's...

13 minutes ago, Bopper said:

For base to hit chance for various level shifts, I refer you to the Attack Mechanics article on paragon wiki

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Attack_Mechanics

In Incarnate content, you can achieve +3 level shift, which makes +4 missions a +1 relative to you (use 65% base to-hit in Mids to show +1 level).

In non-incarnate level 50 (maybe anything 45+), you will still have +1 level shift for having a T3+ Alpha slotted, making +4 content a +3 relative to you (use 48% base to-hit in Mids to show +3 level).

If you have no level shifts, then the +4 would have a base to-hit chance of 39%

I knew we kept you around for a reason!  (Thanks, Bopper!)

• Haha 1

Just as a comment, in the original build, if you swap the Gladiator's armor on Alpha Barrier with the Reactive Armor on Tough, you get about 3% more S/L Res with no real loss I can see. Not a big deal really, just thought about it cause the underslotting on Alpha barrier made me wonder.

Edited by vysirez

On 5/30/2020 at 11:32 PM, r0y said:

I'm not a "mostly proc" kind of player.  Damage will be handled by my team (I usually team with 7 others, or in league play).  If I need to do damage, I'll bring a damage AT.

At bare minimum, please get a good T4 lore like Banished Pantheon core or something...

I hate when people bring super low DPS toons to events (particularly of the controller/tanker variety) that either are totally superfluous or end up dead/aren't really contributing overall in terms of effectiveness. It's kind of sad when a task force takes double or triple the time that they should because people do not even attempt to do any damage at all or at least amplify others in some shape or form. I'm not saying this applies to you, a bit more of a "rant" from what I've been seeing lately. I don't know, it just irks me. 

IMO, Tankers are on the same damage scale as Dominators and Sentinels now, therefore, they should contribute to the damage output of a team. I'm going to state that in this state of the game, the need for extreme defenses is becoming more about what you can handle solo versus anything to actually contribute to a group, the group would much rather (in most cases) the Tanker be good enough to take the damage just enough and dish out superior damage than the opposite balancing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeraphia said:

IMO, Tankers are on the same damage scale as Dominators and Sentinels now, therefore, they should contribute to the damage output of a team. I'm going to state that in this state of the game, the need for extreme defenses is becoming more about what you can handle solo versus anything to actually contribute to a group, the group would much rather (in most cases) the Tanker be good enough to take the damage just enough and dish out superior damage than the opposite balancing.

I agree and I've been pushing for the same. Tankers are super tough natively and with them about 10% behind Brutes it makes sense to go and aim for more damage since the faster things die the less time they are hurting the player. This is a super basic precept in games like Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2 that, like CoH, do not prime for 1 or 2, or 5 minute long fights. In those games 'enough' defense is aimed for and then the rest is damage.

I have no ill will for R0y, zero, but he and other players like him take that pride in being low damage and super sturdy. Which is fine. Hey, there's room for everyone and it's not like we even have damage meters.

• Like 1