Secondary with Seven Powers

Apparition

Regen also, Revive and MoG are skip-able.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Energy Aura unless you want stealth you can skip energy cloak and overload

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

Also, Radiation Armor.  Quite surprised by this set, high base resist numbers except for cold.  Technically one could skip Ground Zero (I've seen at least one high-end build without it) as the long animation time might break flow for certain builds.  It also has the typical T9 that most would consider optional as well.

That said, GZ looks like an interesting mini-nuke, and has room to slot recharge before PPM numbers suffer and the T9 comes with a significant +dmg buff which I am interested in trying out on a scrappy.  As an armor set though it feels quite good before taking those two powers.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:41 AM, Troo said:

Regen also, Revive and MoG are skip-able.

IMO MoG is extremely important for Regen. Regen's decently survivable if you can absorb the alpha, but you can get dropped pretty easily without much in-set defense or res. MoG means you can absorb alphas much easier.

@Jono265 we play different it's cool.

The original post asked for sets that could run 6 or 7 powers, Regen is one. Ive seen some folks running just 6. Experiences obviously vary.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

For 7 powers, i'd say Elec can skip Power Sink and Power Surge, Fire can skip Consume and rise of the phoenix, Nin can skip Blinding Powder and Kuji-in Retsu, Shield can skip one with the shield and grant cover, and WP can skip resurgence and strenth of will. No idea about Ice, regen or energy aura tbh.

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

Fire also works for this.  Everything in the set that directly helps keep you alive is in place by level 16.  The t9 is a very skippable self rez.  Fiery Embrace brings a large benefit to Fire/ characters, to others it is less, and while I'd recommend taking Burn, there's no hurry.  I made a Dual Blades/Fire brute as my Fire character because Dual Blades is a demanding primary.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

There aren’t many sets that can skip 2 powers and be better than if you didn’t skip 1 of those two. There are even fewer sets that can skip 3 powers and still be good. The only set that comes to mind that can take 6 and be okay is Dark Armor, and even then, taking one of the PBAoE toggles can be a big benefit. Regen is much better with MoG, Fiery Aura can skip it’s T9 and that’s it. Willpower on a Scrap can get tons of benefit from its T9 since your resists are pretty average, Radiation Armor has Gamma Boost, that’s the most meh power in that set, skipping any other power would be a negative. It’s all subjective though, and you could build any secondary with 6-7 powers only, but the majority of sets are operating at their best with 8-9 power picks from the set. Is this for thematic reasons? Or are you finding a hard time fitting everything you want into your build and looked at cutting powers from your secondary first?

Edited by Camel

Given the choice between taking a primary or secondary power, versus a pool power, I always take the primary or secondary power unless I know for sure it's a clinker.   And scrappers have a bit more build freedom than other ATs get, in that every scrapper primary has a very skippable power that you know is a clinker (Confront). 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

12 hours ago, Camel said:

There aren’t many sets that can skip 2 powers and be better than if you didn’t skip 1 of those two. There are even fewer sets that can skip 3 powers and still be good. The only set that comes to mind that can take 6 and be okay is Dark Armor, and even then, taking one of the PBAoE toggles can be a big benefit. Regen is much better with MoG, Fiery Aura can skip it’s T9 and that’s it. Willpower on a Scrap can get tons of benefit from its T9 since your resists are pretty average, Radiation Armor has Gamma Boost, that’s the most meh power in that set, skipping any other power would be a negative. It’s all subjective though, and you could build any secondary with 6-7 powers only, but the majority of sets are operating at their best with 8-9 power picks from the set. Is this for thematic reasons? Or are you finding a hard time fitting everything you want into your build and looked at cutting powers from your secondary first?

The latter.  I always take Fly, Hover, Afterburner, Super Speed, and Hasten on my characters, and try to squeeze in Combat Jumping if I can, so my builds are always extremely tight.