Unofficial Homecoming Wiki

Michiyo

• City Council
15 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I tinkered with my Python script and got it to work in reverse to take a DDS file and repack it into a texture file. At least, it worked for the badge icon replacement I made. If you want to try it, or if you want me to try to convert some of your files, just shoot me a PM.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know anything about the 'Zone' Infobox template that is used to summarize zone info on the individual zone pages? I've attached an example from Atlas Park. I'd like to upload images of the new MoreMaps4U maps for the zones that have been updated and make them available in this infobox. Ideally I'd put the link below the VidiotMap link at the bottom, but I can't find where that template is to add the code to show it, and I had no luck trying to add it manually. I'll keep looking but if anyone knows anything about that template I am all ears.

zone_infobox.png

At the bottom of the Atlas Park Zone template, is the line "|VidiotMap=Atlas Park"  looking at the wikitext for https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/index.php?title=Template:Zone&action=edit Shows that this takes the text from that line "Atlas Park" and transforms it into Media:Atlas_Park_VidiotMap.png   Knowing this, you can simply upload a new version of the file "Atlas_Park_VidiotMap.png" here: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/File:Atlas_Park_VidiotMap.png  Or simply upload a file with a new name and use "|VidiotMap2=New Atlas Park" or whatever to include a 2nd link below the original.   Though really updating the existing file with the updated version would make the most sense, IMO.

Edited by Mimiru

The existing VidiotMaps still have some useful info, even if portions of them are outdated, so I didn't want to just overwrite them. The VidiotMaps are also printer-friendly whereas the updated MoreMaps4U maps (for which I started the Category:MoreMaps4U) are simply PNG versions of the in-game textures, so I thought it would be best to keep them as separate entities.

I added an if clause in the Zone template for passing a MoreMaps4U map name. Initially this was causing a 'blank' line to appear in the zone infobox under the VidiotMap link, so I set up the if clause to show 'No updated MoreMaps4U map available' if no MoreMaps4U map name was passed. If there is a better way to get rid of this blank line, let me know and I can modify the template.

• Like 1

I'd like to have a discussion about "Connecting Zones" in zone infoboxes.

Blueside, this is a list of zones connected _other_ than via the monorail, which makes sense because the monorail goes to all the same places. (I don't promise you that every single blueside zone follows the same scheme.)

Redside, you have a list of every connected zone, usually assuming that the ferries and black helicopters are in something like their issue 18 divided state.

I think this was a pragmatic way to go about it in issue 18. Mercy would otherwise tell you it had no connecting zones, for example.

Now it's a bit unsatisfactory because every villain city zone should list every other villain city zone.

I suggest we continue to pragmatically recognise we don't want to describe redside zones in the same way as blueside ones, because blueside zones do have doors between them and redside ones don't, but do something like the infobox on https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/index.php?title=Mercy_Island&oldid=281946 to avoid the redside infoboxes bloating with the list of the same seven zones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

11 hours ago, thunderforce said:

I suggest we continue to pragmatically recognise we don't want to describe redside zones in the same way as blueside ones, because blueside zones do have doors between them and redside ones don't, but do something like the infobox on https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/index.php?title=Mercy_Island&oldid=281946 to avoid the redside infoboxes bloating with the list of the same seven zones.

I agree, best to keep it simple just listing the transit systems for Redside. Totally pointless to list out the same zones every time. Only reason we'll ever need the Connecting Zones for redside is if they ever open the tunnel between Port Oakes and Cap au Diable!

• Like 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

I know nothing about how this works.

Now that's out of the way, here's a question for the host and/or authors of this here wiki: why have history pages? Isn't that covered by the original paragon wiki?

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

9 minutes ago, Lunchmoney said:

Now that's out of the way, here's a question for the host and/or authors of this here wiki: why have history pages? Isn't that covered by the original paragon wiki?

Why not import the whole thing, history and all?

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

1 hour ago, thunderforce said:

Why not import the whole thing, history and all?

I asked after seeing this post

On 5/22/2020 at 3:49 PM, Doc_Scorpion said:

I'd say that such changes need to preserve the historical context (which is consistent with what we inherited)...  So, copy the existing information to a "history page" (which would only be pointed to by the "main page") and edit the "main page" to reflect the current situation.

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

6 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

Paragon Wiki is a snapshot of the game at Sunset.  Homecoming (Unofficial) is a living document covering the Homecoming servers - and (IMO) should be a 'one-stop-shop'.  A replacement for, not a supplement to, Paragon Wiki.

As to why the history?  Homecoming is not a new game, it's the heir to the original game.  The history provides context.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

7 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

I asked after seeing this post

Ah, I see. I thought you meant "History" pages as in the pages that show the editing history.

@Mimiru Can I ask how you accomplished this? Did you make this all from scratch, did you "scrape" the Titan Network's ParagonWiki, or did you actually get the Titan Network to give you their stuff as a starting point?

I'd been wanting to do this for some time, but I didn't want to start from scratch, so I'd been bugging the Titan Network for literal MONTHS, and got nowhere with them... so I was wondering how you got your data?

I'm out.

• City Council
19 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

@Mimiru Can I ask how you accomplished this? Did you make this all from scratch, did you "scrape" the Titan Network's ParagonWiki, or did you actually get the Titan Network to give you their stuff as a starting point?

I'd been wanting to do this for some time, but I didn't want to start from scratch, so I'd been bugging the Titan Network for literal MONTHS, and got nowhere with them... so I was wondering how you got your data?

https://github.com/WikiTeam/wikiteam/blob/master/dumpgenerator.py

Ah, so you scraped it @Mimiru . Nice. it's funny that you had to do that, when they have stated publicly that they would allow anyone to make a copy of their Wiki since it's under "Open GNU" license, but when asked for the data, I heard just about nothing but crickets.... ugh. Did you even ask them at all, or did you just do the scraping?

Edited by The Philotic Knight
I'm out.

And your wiki is down. 404 Not Found.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

It is? Because I was editing it a little less than 2 hours ago. Please quote the URL that gives a 404?

4 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Working just fine. Possibly server overload? (I know nothing about technical stuff).

14 hours ago, thunderforce said:

It is? Because I was editing it a little less than 2 hours ago. Please quote the URL that gives a 404?

It's working again now. Here's the link that I use:

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

I've been laying the groundwork to create the veteran level badges and part of that was creating a 'template' via the Overleveled badge that would be used to create the rest of the veteran level badges. For anyone interested, please check out that badge page and if you have any suggestions/comments, I created a section on the veteran levels discussion page for comments about the template. I plan to move forward with badge creation this weekend so if you have comments please try to post them by then.

Also worth noting is that part of the work I have done resulted in a lot of double redirects which will be resolved once I build the veteran level badge pages this weekend.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Very_Rare_IO_Sets

There's an extra "}" in the listing of each purple IO.

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

I checked into this, and it affects all set summary pages, not just the very rare IO page. It looks like it is an issue in a template but I couldn't find it. I traced it to the IO Set Summary template, and then to the InvSetOverviewSummary template, but I couldn't find the issue to fix it. Perhaps someone with more wiki experience than myself can track it down.

• City Council

Paragon Wiki has the same issue, so it's not a recent edit that has happened on our side https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Very_Rare_IO_Sets Which will make it harder to track down.  I'll take a look in a few hours if someone else hasn't found it.

EDIT: It looks to be in the DPL, which is a brace nightmare.. it'll take a while.

Edited by Mimiru
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Menelruin said:

Oof, it'd take a lot of work, but looks like power sets need to be updated to include Sentinel versions. 

Yeah, I'll be getting to that at some point. Shouldn't be too bad, they usually only have one or two powers different I think? I've just finished updating all the Sentinel Patron and Ancillary Pools (except Ninja Tools, got a bit more to do on that one), so making progress.

Edited by Aberrant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• City Council
On 5/28/2020 at 11:47 AM, Without_Pause said:

On 5/28/2020 at 1:54 PM, AboveTheChemist said:

I checked into this, and it affects all set summary pages, not just the very rare IO page. It looks like it is an issue in a template but I couldn't find it. I traced it to the IO Set Summary template, and then to the InvSetOverviewSummary template, but I couldn't find the issue to fix it. Perhaps someone with more wiki experience than myself can track it down.

Sadly I couldn't nail down the error in a template, but I discovered the *issue*  In sets with a proc or that are unique *IF* the 'InvSetOverview' dec ended in {{IOProc}}}} or {{IOUnique}}}} then it broke the parser, the fix was to replace the '}}}}' with '}} }}'  I started doing it by hand, but then installed a mass edit plugin to do it for me. I'm now clearing the page cache to hopefully clear this up wiki-wide

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3