Unofficial Homecoming Wiki

Michiyo

A couple of months ago GM Kal posted a listing of merit rewards for flashback (Ouroboros) arcs that should prove helpful in updating the wiki, specifically the 'Flashback System' sections of the Hero Merit Rewards and Villain Merit Rewards pages. I do not know if the merit rewards for completing an arc via Ouroboros is the same as completing the arc via normal contact progression, but it's something to keep in mind. I'll put this on my 'To Do' list and will try to start working on it within the week (once I wrap up my current project) unless someone else is eager to tackle it. There's certainly enough work to go around on the wiki!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

A couple of months ago GM Kal posted a listing of merit rewards for flashback (Ouroboros) arcs that should prove helpful in updating the wiki, specifically the 'Flashback System' sections of the Hero Merit Rewards and Villain Merit Rewards pages. I do not know if the merit rewards for completing an arc via Ouroboros is the same as completing the arc via normal contact progression, but it's something to keep in mind. I'll put this on my 'To Do' list and will try to start working on it within the week (once I wrap up my current project) unless someone else is eager to tackle it. There's certainly enough work to go around on the wiki!

I already updated the Villain Merit Rewards page a couple of days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Finished all the Ancillary and Patron pool updates as far as I'm aware, possible errors in enhancements due to copy pasting existing powerblocks to save my sanity but good enough I think! Will probably start on either new powersets, proliferated power sets or sentinel sets next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

On 5/26/2020 at 3:03 PM, The Philotic Knight said:

Ah, so you scraped it @Mimiru . Nice. it's funny that you had to do that, when they have stated publicly that they would allow anyone to make a copy of their Wiki since it's under "Open GNU" license, but when asked for the data, I heard just about nothing but crickets.... ugh. Did you even ask them at all, or did you just do the scraping?

I actually did look at trying to generate an export that could be used by others and ran into problems that made it a non-trivial activity. Given that my time is limited and I have other things vying for my attention, this unfortunately kept getting postponed. Sorry that I didn't communicate the situation better before. I'm actually quite happy that Mimiru found a viable way to capture the data and that they've shared how they did it so that others have the same option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later

I'll try to make some contributions as well.

I find a good wiki to be very useful for a game like this.

But I'll spend most of my time finally wandering the streets of Paragon City, Rogue Isles and Praetoria again.

Thanks for getting a new wiki up, Homecoming has all kinds of subtle differences with live.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

• Retired Lead Game Master

Added in /powexec_location entry to both the list of slash commands and added a page for the command.

But the entry is probably not the most ideal or regulation formatting. Please feel free to refine it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Have you guys combed through this yet for updating data?

http://www.shenanigunner.com/

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

2 hours ago, WanderingAries said:

Have you guys combed through this yet for updating data?

http://www.shenanigunner.com/

I didn't get it from there, but I've converted the Google sheet with the macro_image icon names into a series of tables, and am in the process of vetting them to fill in any gaps. Other than that, I have not incorporated any of that info into the wiki.

Here's a quick rundown of some stuff I have worked on over the past few weeks:

• Added an Issue 25 badge page - still a work in progress (WIP) but should be mostly complete
  • Updated the values on the Hero merit rewards page using GM Kal's updated data - still a WIP, in process of verifying a handful that had the pre-shutdown merit value (see the discussion page for specifics)
  • Added a table to the costume colors page with the colors for the standard costume item palette, and created a costume color scheme page that might help provide inspiration for costume creation
  • As mentioned immediately above, I translated the macro_image Google sheet into a series of tables on the macro image slash command page, which included vetting all the icons, updating as necessary, and adding a number of icons (mostly ones that were new to Homecoming) that were missing from the Google sheet

I plan to focus on the top two items until I am struck with inspiration for the next big project.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• City Council

Hey all, the wiki is down for a bit while I restore a backup from last night.  The hypervisor that runs my webserver hard locked today and in the process seems to have nuked the MariaDB instance that HCWiki uses.  I'm working on restoring data as fast as I can though.  Backup was taken @ midnight PST last night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later

I took a brief hiatus but I wanted to mention a couple of things:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ZekeStenzland said:

Just noticed that dominators didn’t not have savage assault list for secondary set. Don’t know if this is the right thread for this, or if this particular item is already covered under proliferation or something. 

If you would like, feel free to create a wiki account (if you have not already), and add it to the Dominator page.  We could always use the help.

• Like 1

• 3 months later

For the better part of a couple of months now I have been working to comprehensively update each enhancement set page, along with the pages for each enhancement within each set. I have completed that effort and double-checked my work as best I can. I certainly make no guarantees that everything is 100% correct now, but those pages should be substantially more accurate than they were previously. I've spoilered the details of my efforts below for any that are curious.

Spoiler

Changes made to individual enhancement pages (roughly 1,200 pages total) include:

• Updated reward merit cost
  • Removed reference to unused merit types (alignment, astral, and empyrean)
  • Standardized display order of unique, proc, and global flags
  • Implemented a proc template, standardized language for global and proc effects (to the extent possible), and updated procs to reflect the PPM system
  • Standardized terms used in aspect descriptions and tables, and modified their listing order to match the enhancement name when necessary
  • Checked and corrected discrepancies in recipe salvage level ranges and level range formatting
  • Removed obsolete external links
  • When necessary, and with some exceptions, moved enhancement pages to match in-game enhancement name*

*This involved some best judgement decisions and while I won't go into the details here, if anyone would care to know just ask and I will explain

Changes made to enhancement set pages (roughly 220 pages total) include:

• Checked and corrected enhancement names and flags
  • Updated set bonus values

Other tasks worth noting include:

• Updated each set category page (for example: Category:Sets for improving To Hit Debuff) to adjust display order to match the order on the main enhancement sets page (if necessary) and to include any sets that were missing
  • Created set and individual enhancement pages for all winter (WO) and archetype origin (ATO) enhancements, as well as any other enhancements that were missing those pages
  • I worked with Mimiru to modify the appropriate templates so that WO and ATO sets would display properly alongside invention enhancements on the various invention sets category pages

I did not make many changes to the main enhancement sets page, partly because I already updated that page back in May, and partly because that page is meant to serve as an easy-to-read quick reference for the enhancements and sets. Thus I left the enhancement names in abbreviated form (i.e. Acc/Dam instead of Accuracy/Damage) to conserve space and enhance readability, and in some cases I retained certain enhancement names that didn't match the in-game name due to the fact that the retained name was slightly more descriptive and more appropriate for a quick reference. For example, the Pounding Slugfest: Disorient Bonus proc is called Pounding Slugfest: Chance for Stun on the enhancement sets page because 'Chance for Stun' is more readily understood at a glance than is 'Disorient Bonus'.

A couple of trickle-down benefits to related, dynamically-generated pages include:

The invention sets category pages mentioned in the first bullet allow the user to compare sets that improve a common aspect (like cold defense) and make informed choices about which sets to slot. Back in July, before any of these updates were made, I created a set bonus comparison table page to similarly assist in choosing set bonuses. I plan to leave that page in place as an alternate resource and companion page to the invention sets category pages.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

• 2 years later
  • 2 weeks later
8 minutes ago, ZephyrWind said:

I'm getting a 404 error on this url. Did it move again, or is something else going on?

Something must be up, as I know of no plans to move it. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

22 minutes ago, ZephyrWind said:

I'm getting a 404 error on this url. Did it move again, or is something else going on?

From Michiyo via the CoH Discord:

Wiki is down, no ETA, it's 12:30(ish) Pacific, I should have been in bed an hour ago...  I'm running a restore from backup about an hour ago.  No ETA on the restore completion, it's working on the image files now it seems.

The other day, inspired by this thread, I was going to get the dialogue text for Katie Douglas in First Ward for "prior to introduction", "too busy", and "too low level", only to go over there and realize that she's not in the spot until the previous arc is done. Does this mean that there is no text here possible?

Yay for the Wiki and all the graft @Michiyo puts in for us!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )