(New?) Hero One Memorial Badge

Cinnder

I have a progress bar in my Exploration section that says 'Visit the Hero 1 Memorial to earn this badge.'

It is at 2 out of 3 and won't move forward regardless of how many times I visit the memorial.

I'm wondering if it requires visiting the site in three different instanced versions:

1) On the world map

2) On the cape mission

3) ?

4) Profit! -- er, I mean Badge!

Anyone know anything more about this badge?  I don't recognise it from the old days.

Have you completed the cape mission?

I Haven(t done it yet, hence I'm still 1/3 since visiting Hero 1 Memorial in the Atlas Park City Hall.

As for the third one, thought it could be in Crey's Folly where there's a plaque to remember Hero 1 an Statesman final meeting. I tried without success.

Big hint: the last location can be visited both as a hero or a villain.

This made me think it could be Ouroboros where Mender Ramiel's arc has to do with The Honoree. Went ther, tried to speak to Ramiel without success once again. Yet, as I'm only 20+, I can't start his arc, so I can't reject this possibility.

Final guess, is in the Rikti War Zone, though I cannot check, maybe with Lady Grey TF where you have to fight The Honoree (Apocalyptic Badge).

superG2.png

I've been playing redside, am currently a lvl 49 rogue, and already did the cape mission when Kalinda offered it.  There's no option to repeat the cape mission via Ouro, and Kalinda refuses to speak to me now;  have I permanently missed the chance to get this badge?

I suspect that it is

Visit it in atlas

The cape mission

I have yet to do the above two, but i saw badge progress on this after clicking the plaque in the memorial during a run of the KHAN TF. 

EDIT: apparently cannot just walk in and visit it in Atlas.

However the Cape Mission is confirmed as I ran it earlier.

So it's Cape mission and Khan TF so far.

EDIT: apparently cannot just walk in and visit it in Atlas.

You can, just not through the same door as the mission.

And right you are, badge dinged.

So for blueside it's walk into the door in Atlas

The Cape Mission

and Khan TF

I've been playing redside, am currently a lvl 49 rogue, and already did the cape mission when Kalinda offered it.  There's no option to repeat the cape mission via Ouro, and Kalinda refuses to speak to me now;  have I permanently missed the chance to get this badge?

Same question, if I'm redside and do the cape mission do I loose the chance to do it blueside if I swap alignment?

I'm a bit confused...

So I did the cape mission, jumped up and down on the exploration badge marker in the memorial with no badge awarded.

So where exactly are we going for the 1st one?

Have to forgive me, my brain is 6 years older now and not as quick on the pick-up.

Sorry for any confusion.  There's just one badge.  To get it one must visit the Hero One memorial in 3 different ways:

1) On the world map in City Hall

2) During the cape mission

3) Apparently during the Lady Grey TF? (I have not confirmed this myself)

Kahn TF, not Lady Grey.

Oh, is it Kahn?  I'm no expert, but isn't that heroes only?  I thought Leandro said that the 3rd visit was something both heroes and villains could do.

Kahn is hero-only, but it has a villain equivalent (Barracuda) that presumably can be done instead.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

• 3 weeks later

"Tried and True" badge.  "When the Omega Team accepted their mission to the Rikti home dimension, they knew they likely wouldn't be coming back.  You have protected their memorial through many trials, staying true to the end."

Confirmed:

Visit the open-world Memorial in Atlas Park City Hall

Visit the Memorial during the Cape Mission (Available at level 20) from the City Representative in Atlas Park City Hall

Visit the Memorial during the Dr. Kahn Task Force

Upon walking by the badge for the 3rd time, during the Dr. Kahn TF, I immediately dinged for receiving the "Tried and True" exploration badge. 

Paragon Wiki lists "Tried and True" as part of the Veteran Rewards Program, so there is a definite discrepancy.

Tried_and_True_badge.jpg.03c69d3a5cf301fd6fd9bd145fb89061.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later
1 hour ago, Zatawave said:

Where is this exactly?  Can you insert a screenshot?  This is the last one I need and can't figure out where it is.

The door to the open-world version is different than the one in the mission version. It's the door to the left after you enter City Hall, past the merit vendor.

This door leads to the memorial. It's also where Jack Wolfe (the respec NPC) had been moved to after Galaxy City was nuked.

Door.png

• Like 3

• 1 year later

It is also worth noting that the exploration progress bar only shows if you are of hero/vig alignment. Discovered after countless hours furrowing my brow looking for it on my characters who are mostly villain/rogue. 😄