Teleport is Broken and needs to be fixed.

14 hours ago, Zepp said:

T1a: Recall: Can target ally or enemy, brings target to caster, never causes in-game aggro. Cast time around 3s (no interrupt), recharge around 4s. (Requires level 4, no pool investment)

T1b: Tactical Teleport: Range= 30', +Def (all [equivalent to Combat Jump]), +Res(Teleportation) duration 60s. Uses Jaunt animation. Recharge around 3-5s. (Requires level 4, no pool investment)

T1c: Group Teleport: Reduction in current Teleport endurance cost and animation time. Hover tar is 6s and cancelled by movement. Affects self, team, & pets within 30' range. (Requires level 4, no pool investment)

T2: Long-Range Teleport: Expand the number of choices to include most zones and current mission. Reduction in cast time by about 50%. (Requires level 14, 1 pool power investment)

T3: Teleport Assault: Chain attack (up to 10 targets). -Def, 50% chance for Mag 3 Fear, 10% chance for Mag 5 fear. Damage scale equivalent to T7 primary pool TAoE power. (Requires level 20, 2 pool powers investment)

Recall, yes 100% I think we ALL agree on this, cast time should be faster as well like 1s.

Tactical teleport, very yes, but it should have a base range of 60 or 80ft and no rech, something low like 2 end per cast, jaunt animation, .5s activation time.

Long range teleport is basically the travel, and should be the 3rd option tier 1, or should work like the mission transporter where it teleports your whole team, only you select the destination, and be the tier 3 5th power.

Teleport assault, should be the 4th power, tier 2. And instead should be "teleport punch" a snipe that works just like snipe powers and basically opens a mini portal that you do a quick punch through. Like the Spot on Spider-Man or Blinque.

Group teleport should be the 5th power tier 3 and provide a few second pbaoe confuse of the same 30 foot radius as enemies would be confused as to where everyone went. Rech time would be around 30 seconds. Or it should be the 3rd or 4th power without the confuse.

Edit: Or better yet, Group TP should be like "assemble the team" with something like a 30s recharge. So for MMs even, it would still bring the pets to where you are, but doesn't really need to take them/team with you. It should not be a power that is designed specifically around MMs, which honestly none of them need it anyway, and they could also just combat tp into a mob and then group tp (1s animation) to follow. This way we have that recall team, for so many support sets with buffs to gather the team up to cast them, or to recall the whole team to your location after long range teleport etc. This would be much better for more use across all ATs and playstyles. It could still have the 3s confuse too in a 30ft radius. For the MMs too, it could actually even work like incandescence, where it would tp you to the location, and then automatically recall the entire team after you pop out. That way with a few second confuse, you can go into the mob, (or not) and safely team the rest of the team from any range to your location after you get there. The confuse would be mag 4 to safely give you a couple seconds for the allies/pets to get to your location to share aggro when the confuse wears off. This should be the 4th power, tier 2, and then put long range teleport at the 5th power tier 3.

Edited by WindDemon21

13 hours ago, Zepp said:

T1c: Group Teleport: Reduction in current Teleport endurance cost and animation time. Hover tar is 6s and cancelled by movement. Affects self, team, & pets within 30' range. (Requires level 4, no pool investment)

I like this actually and your idea is really good here 🙂

I however would like a differentiating power sort of between Group TP and self-TP... There are many instances if I were to take this as a travel power, I would like to only TP myself and NOT anyone else to my location. Some people may be ahead of me going toward a mission, I may be lagging behind, etc.

26 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

I like this actually and your idea is really good here 🙂

I however would like a differentiating power sort of between Group TP and self-TP... There are many instances if I were to take this as a travel power, I would like to only TP myself and NOT anyone else to my location. Some people may be ahead of me going toward a mission, I may be lagging behind, etc.

It would only teleport those within a 30' range, so it would not pull people back. Also, it would not teleport allies that are not in your team.

I was trying to think of how it could work as a 2-for-1 (like Origin travel powers), but those are toggles...

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

1 minute ago, Zepp said:

It would only teleport those within a 30' range, so it would not pull people back. Also, it would not teleport allies that are not in your team.

Even still, that would be disruptive, and I'd prefer to have more control over that, I wouldn't want to use my travel power and deal with that.

1 minute ago, Zeraphia said:

Even still, that would be disruptive, and I'd prefer to have more control over that, I wouldn't want to use my travel power and deal with that.

The general consensus is that group teleport is not really worth being its own power. However, it would be wrong to eliminate it because some MMs use it. Some other players do use it for Team Transit, or so I've heard. But how to do that without it getting intrusive. I'm open to ideas.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

1 hour ago, Zepp said:

The general consensus is that group teleport is not really worth being its own power. However, it would be wrong to eliminate it because some MMs use it. Some other players do use it for Team Transit, or so I've heard. But how to do that without it getting intrusive. I'm open to ideas.

So in consensus with my previous edit:

1: Recall: 1s cast, 5 end, ally, or foe. level 4.

2. Combat Teleport: Jaunt animation, .5s cast time, cj/hover level defense for 60 seconds, 2 end cost. No recharge. 80ft range. level 4, 20s hover, cancelled by movement.

3. Teleport Punch: Snipe, insta-cast in battle, you punch your fist through a tiny wormhole at the enemy. Brawl animation when insta-cast, Devastating blow's animation when ranged snipe. level 4

4. Group Teleport: TPs yourself, and the team to a location. 3s mag 4 confuse (30ft radius) 20s recharge, 15 end cost. 80ft range of initial self tp, zone range of ally tp. TP of self works like regular tp, ally tp works like assemble the team (doesn't pull with your radius, instead pulls from zone) Tier 2 requires one of the previous powers, level 14. 20s hover, cancelled by movement.

5. Long Range Teleport: Teleports across zones or to mission, works the same as it does now, but additionally tps the entire team to the location you select like mission teleporter combined. Tier 3, requires two other power picks, level 20.

Edited by WindDemon21

Sorry to put a damper in the "combine Recall Friend and TP Foe powers into one power" discussion, but it's not possible to retain the current functionality of both powers after combining them into one. You can't make the range of a power different depending on its target so you either have a Recall Friend with a very short range or a TP Foe with a zone-wide range, neither of which is desirable.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

8 minutes ago, macskull said:

Sorry to put a damper in the "combine Recall Friend and TP Foe powers into one power" discussion, but it's not possible to retain the current functionality of both powers after combining them into one. You can't make the range of a power different depending on its target so you either have a Recall Friend with a very short range or a TP Foe with a zone-wide range, neither of which is desirable.

Range of targeting the foe pretty much already does this for you, if they're too far you can't target them.

2 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Range of targeting the foe pretty much already does this for you, if they're too far you can't target them.

What's to stop someone from targeting through a teammate across the zone then?

Ah, that's fair. I wonder what the draw distance is. TP Foe's base range is 200 feet and I'm reasonably sure you can target enemies much further away than that.

2 minutes ago, macskull said:

Ah, that's fair. I wonder what the draw distance is. TP Foe's base range is 200 feet and I'm reasonably sure you can target enemies much further away than that.

I think we can all agree that the range of it is really only a concern in PVP. But even then still you can only target so far. If it's THAT big of an issue, then i would suggest for "teleport punch" that i mentioned, it instead works like recall foe, but then has a wind up animation and punch like cross punch, and then punches them when they are teleported into your melee range.

On 5/17/2020 at 5:16 PM, WindDemon21 said:

Powers already exist in the game that can be used on both teammates, and enemies, and differentiates between the two.

Yes but how do you distinguish between targeting via assisting an ally or teleporting foe? You wouldn't be able to target through a teammate to pull with Teleport Foe because Teleport Ally would be priority. What if you wanted the reverse and pulled the foe instead of bringing your ally? Additionally, assisting through an ally allows us to target foes we normally wouldn't be able to target outside of clipping range or visual distance.

It doesn't make sense to combine Teleport Ally and Teleport Foe into 1 combined Power. Now, if the power were changed to something like "Gateway Charge" buff as 1 Power and gave you the choice of two Temporary Popup Tray powers Teleport Friend and Teleport Foe, that is how it would have to be done in order to make the power work as training into 1 Power. (Like how Sorcery Mystic Flight gives you the Teleport upon activation).

That wouldn't happen. As mentioned, the game already HAS a set priority as to which you are targeting in these instances. Just look at defibrillate, or medicines injection. You are VAGRANTLY overcomplicating it, when it already works just fine in game.

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

That wouldn't happen. As mentioned, the game already HAS a set priority as to which you are targeting in these instances. Just look at defibrillate, or medicines injection. You are VAGRANTLY overcomplicating it, when it already works just fine in game.

Have fun trying to maximize the range on Teleport Foe or assist through a Friend. Oh wait, you won't be able to. As you still ignore the fact that clip range exists. Enemies cannot remain targeted for more than X units (Varying about 100 units) without player assisting.

This is not complication. This is understanding the limitations of certain mechanics (Assisting, Ability Range, Clip-Range) and interactions.

Edited by Nayeh

7 hours ago, Nayeh said:

Have fun trying to maximize the range on Teleport Foe or assist through a Friend. Oh wait, you won't be able to. As you still ignore the fact that clip range exists. Enemies cannot remain targeted for more than X units (Varying about 100 units) without player assisting.

This is not complication. This is understanding the limitations of certain mechanics (Assisting, Ability Range, Clip-Range) and interactions.

Which in that regard the range would already be far enough and wouldn't need to be enhanced. You are really grasping at straws on that one...

I'd like quick activation time that the experimentation teleport has put into regular teleport and translocation. Besides not being able to teleport behind walls and stuff like tsoo sorcerers thats really all that sucks about teleport is that long activation time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

I'd like quick activation time that the experimentation teleport has put into regular teleport and translocation. Besides not being able to teleport behind walls and stuff like tsoo sorcerers thats really all that sucks about teleport is that long activation time.

To echo your thoughts, I think if you take teleport from the teleportation pool I think you should probably get both the fast cast AND the ability to teleport through walls with max camera zoom OR no recharge at all. This would really make Teleport a much more interesting and desirable power for the masses through the vastly increased mobility, would be a much more competitive contender to SS. 

Edited by Zeraphia
  • Like 1