Sentinel Secondaries

moghedan

Can someone explain resist vs defense. I have an Elec/elec sent at lvl 35 and I'm trying to figure out build, io sets, survivability. Thanks

Defense determines IF you get hit in the first place.  You don't take any damage from attacks that never hit you.

Resistance determines HOW HARD you get hit when it happens.

For example: with +45% defense, and even-con mob has about a 50/50 chance of hitting you at all, in most cases. 

With +75% resistance, when an attack that would have done -100 HP damage hits you, you take only -25 HP damage, instead.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

*scratches head in confused fashion*  Is it just me, or did Invuln gain a good bit in the translation to Sentinel, compared to other sets?

Indeed, you get the same bonus as stalkers: invincibility turns into unconditionally high +def +tohit.

On top of that, you get a sizeable bonus to your overall recovery, including set bonuses and procs, through Durability giving +10 max end, *base*.

Those levels of mitigation while sitting at range make for an exceptionally sturdy character.

Im a fan of 'exceptionally sturdy'.  I wonder, given that 'exceptionally sturdy', can we bootstrap in enough damage to hunt AVs?  Id think yes?  Most AVs sit about 150 HPS Regen, which a Sentinel should be able to break, even a 'no bonus damage' sentinel like Invuln.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute