Come Together for Pride 2020: Costume and Biography Contests June 7

This June, we'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the first Pride marches. We can't hold parades this year, but we can come together on City of Heroes / City of Villains!

Come Together for PRIDE 2020 !!!

Date: Sunday, June 7

Time: 1900 UTC (3pm EDT, 12pm PDT)

Sponsored by Q Patrol and friends

We will hold three contests:

1. Individual costumes
  2. Couple / group costumes
  3. Biography

BIOGRAPHY CONTESTANTS NEED TO ARRIVE PROMPTLY BY 1900 UTC. Biography judging will take the longest for our volunteer judges. Judges will take a snapshot of your biography and review while the costume contests are underway, to avoid long wait times. Please be an early arrival if you wish to participate in this contest!

Total prize pool: over 15 billion inf! First prize for the biography contest will include a portrait of the winning character by Queen of the Night.

There will be a conga line! DJ Eros and DJ Violet Wanda will provide streaming music.

Everyone is invited to stay and mingle after the contests. Players from all shards are welcome!

Pride-Poster.thumb.png.5ca6927c88a0304e98a71f48d443d438.png

pride-organizers-800x520.png

Edited by Bastille Boy
Info on DJs, prizes, conga line
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 7

Thanks Bastille Boy!

And imo a Virtual party is always the best any how, since i dont need to put on 100SPF sunblock !

We have some fun plans and and...looks like... BIG $ ... surprises in store - for sure, and so we hope to see many, many, happy friends in attendance! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Complete tangent but last night I dreamt I was at a pride event with Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings (who was a youth worker but also still Aragorn) and Freckle from the Gay and Fabulous Life of Caleb Gallo (who was like seven feet tall).  

I have not been to a pride event in a decade, although I used to volunteer at a few. Anyway, I'll try to be there. 

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

Our latest planning phase has taken place, and we are now actively recruiting Judges for the contests!

We will have two costume contests:  Singles and Groups

and one Biographies contest.

We already have people tripping over each other to be judges for the Biography contest, but we're happy to have more volunteers.

Please contact me here in the forums, or in-game at @VileTerror if you want to contribute to the judging process.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

You can already add your pronouns to a chat bind or your forum signature at any time you like. This is a non issue.

Example:

/bind numpad 4 beginchat /send "Local" [$name $level $archetype - She/Her]

You can also have multiple gender / body types on each character via the surgeons, I have 3 characters like that so far.

...Anyways.

Whatever, happy almost Pride month everyone! 

See you at the party! 

• Like 1

I think òtengu was asking the dev's to allow for pronoun control of the characters in the code.  Which would be super awesome!

Thanks for putting this on though.  With the crazy world being extra crazy right now I was afraid to miss real Pride.  Virtual Pride will help!

The organizers discussed the theme some more today. In the spirit of inclusiveness, we agreed to leave the theme of Coming Together open to interpretation.

We're excited to announce that we will have streaming music, provided by DJ Eros and DJ Violet Wanda. We're also delighted that Queen of the Night has volunteered to make a portrait of the winner of the biography contest as part of first prize. Thanks to several generous farmers, the total prize pool is well over a billion inf.

There will be a conga line!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do love a good conga line but alas that falls right in the time frame I go over to my parents house to help them out.

I am assuming y'all don't restrict attendence...I am not a part of the *throw a lot of letters and see which stick* community but I am proud to be supportive of friends and family!

• Like 1

Each prize winner will just get a percentage of our final prize cash we have on hand TOMORROW

So thankful for the loads of donations that have come in to continue to grow the $ pool bigger than ever!

HAPPY PRIDE WEEKEND AND SEE YA THERE FRIENDS

witches.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Biography contestants please note: judging for this contest will begin promptly at the start of the event.

Our volunteer judges will take screenshots of contestants' biographies and read them while the costume contests are underway. This will help us to avoid long wait times. If you would like to participate in the biography contest, please arrive early!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The prize pool is now over 15 billion inf!

Tentative schedule (PDT / EDT / UTC):

1200/1500/1900 - "Doors Open" at Pocket D for Contestants, Biography Contest first (Judges open each character in turn, screenshot the backstories for later judging)
1215/1515/1915 - Singles Costume Contestants line up, Judges start viewing
1235/1535/1935 - Announce winners, reward, screenshots
1245/1545/1945 - Conga Line Starts
1315/1615/2015 - Group Costume Contestants line up, Judges start viewing
1335/1635/2035 - Announce winners, reward, screenshots
1355/1655/2055 - Biography Contestants line up again
1405/1705/2105 - Announce winners, reward, screenshots
1410/1710/2110 - Invitation to come to Pride-6550 for after-party

Edited by Bastille Boy
  • Like 2

I just want to say a HUUUUUUUUUGE FREAKING THANK YOU. To all the planners, volunteers, attendees and all those who were there in spirit for the Pride Event today. You ALL are freaking amazing and my dorky heart is full and I have. Not. Stopped. Smiling. For the past 3 hours. ❤️❤️  Be safe, Be Kind, Be Loved. ❤️❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This was wonderful!   Thanks to everyone who turned up.  Thanks to the GMs for their support.  Thanks to all those who gave the donations.  Thanks to all the volunteers.  And thanks to Blu for setting all of this in motion!

I'm so glad that so many people had such an amazing time! 

But please, if you have feedback or criticisms, don't be shy.   I welcome anyone to contact me in private if you would like to share your feelings on how things went.  We want to make sure that next year is even better!

• Like 4