FREEDOM Forever!

MADMAN

On 5/2/2019 at 11:11 PM, Scrapulous said:

Yep, Freedom was my main server until I stopped playing right before Going Rogue came out. I was (and am) Scrapulous and Scrapulouss (I had two accounts because I like having alts. Don't have judgement. You don't know my pain. OK, fine, you probably do.). There was a RadioFreedom global chat channel that was very active (and full at times, meaning nobody else could subscribe to it), and that formed the basis for a small, very competent, very charming and funny crew of people who frequently ran TFs and were gracious enough to allow me to participate. I'm going to embarrass myself by not remembering some of the names, but Rose and Morna were among them (in fact, I think there were very few of those TFs I was on where there was not one of the Mornas attending), as were Arbiter Kitsune and a fellow named VaeVictis among many others (Sneaky Prophet, I think, was another). In fact, I found a screenshot of a Hamidon Raid in 2006 where Rose and I are bantering with Tundara in RadioFreedom during the raid. That crew was the most fun I had in CoX, and that's saying quite a lot. There was something really satisfying about blowing through difficult Task Forces casually while having an absolute blast making fun of one another.

Given that I stopped playing before GR came out, I would not be surprised if I had been forgotten by most of those folks (VV once sent me a very nice email telling me that folks missed me and asked about me - that was touching), but I certainly remember them, and miss those times.

Hi, Morna. Hi, Rose. It makes me smile to see your names here.

AF1QipPiNa8Myd9RWvJ-H59nX7uWJJ7geav3ElbHWtv1?key=R0VFM2ZmSFNxeE1tUUNYUVpVU1dhV2gyRHBlZXV3

hami_raid_crop3.jpg.b8a67135fcc886611d0b3c50411c3590.jpg

Rose still plays, she's on Excelsior. @Rose

On 4/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, Psych Devil said:

The best server. Unbroken Souls was my home. ❤️

Long time no see (a year later... )!

@GrogDeluxe on Freedom and was mostly in Civic Alliance, Devil's Brigade, and FoF (think I got those names right) but we really had alts between all of our coalition. I just now found out about this. If anyone remembers me I'd love to team up again! I have the same handle as before. 

Edited by GrogDeluxe

• 2 weeks later

Wondering if there’s any old Freedom players from the Freedom Alliance SG. I can’t say I remember too many names(as I was fairly young) but I remember DRANAGON. He used to shoot videos and post them on his YT channel. I was also with STARKINDRED toward the end of COH

• 4 weeks later

Was @Bonkeron Freedom, same global now on Indomitable, and @Bonker#2918 on discord.  I think I've found most my old "Jaded" and PvP crew, but still missing a few notable degenerates.

I was part of the old forum newsletter and used to travel servers showcasing super groups and their bases.  Wrote a long guide on small sg base building, and was pretty heavily involved in most "events" in the late game.

I see a ton of names here I recognize, like a Freedom celebrity roll call, and I hope to see more of you in game!

• Like 2

@maxpainless      Max Dark Regen DM/R scrapper and many other Max somethings. Cant remember if my mains where here or justice but i remember both servers and some of the SG names here.  Most the time I'd be with my game friend @seychelles.  She also had a daughter but i have forgotten her handle.  I started in Redemption Reborn SuperGroup (pre-leader went nuts) then started my own Max's Army.  Im currently just got on reunion server (not knowing its EU base) chat handle @Bill Goldberg.   Dang its been like 7+ years. Glad to be back. 

To Sey: I hope you are doing well. Remember last we talked you wasnt doing well with your lungs. Hopefully one of the old gang sees this and we can reconnect. Be great to hear your in good health.

Edited by MaxDon

• 3 weeks later

My global was @Sheepswench then @Wench. Trying to remember some of my toons ... Huge Mounds was the one that always attracted attention. I ran with a few different supergroups and crowds. So many toons were plays on words--Impfomanic was another. Moundsy Cryo was another.

Neil

@Number.One

On 4/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, SuperDan said:

Also another series-long Freedom resident here.

Global was @SuperDan, and the toons I played the most were SuperDan, Harunobu, Michaelis, Chrystallis, and I had a pretty sweet rad/rad defender but can't remember his name.

I was always a member and officer in the Doom Supremacy SG. Holla.

i had you as a global we played from time to time  i was @Alpha Dragon and @Soulless from the Unders sg 

On 5/25/2019 at 7:22 PM, Taos said:

@Taos here. I played exclusively on Freedom from i7 until around i17 or 18. I was in a hero sg called Superheroes of the Ironfist and played with the Repeat Offenders on the villain side. I was also in a few other sg’s just can’t remember which. Oh well, just logging in and hearing the music again gives me goosebumps. I’m enjoying my time on Excelsior!

Side note, I’m hoping to get back in touch with my old friend @Encounter.

you sir had a MA/(no idea) scrapper in The Unders sg

We had a SG on Freedom called League of Extraordinary Avatars (LXA) so if any former members are out there, let us know! 

I only remember a handful of members. 

Mr Mental (a bubbler)

Whimsy (don't remember the type, but she was tall and would cast inertial red. on me to make me jump high)

Drat that's all I can remember ATM. My mains were Small Wonder, Parry Hotter and Cute Lil Girl. 

• 1 month later

Lady D! I was Libbyator in BoW. Glad to see you in this next chapter.

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

• 4 weeks later

HEY! my name is Drake Stunning, and i recently joined Homecoming. i was an officer in Legion of Doom on freedom, and part time Team Omega. 

Really loooking to catch up with some of the old crew from DS

On 4/1/2020 at 7:35 AM, Bonker 2 said:

Was @Bonkeron Freedom, same global now on Indomitable, and @Bonker#2918 on discord.  I think I've found most my old "Jaded" and PvP crew, but still missing a few notable degenerates.

I was part of the old forum newsletter and used to travel servers showcasing super groups and their bases.  Wrote a long guide on small sg base building, and was pretty heavily involved in most "events" in the late game.

I see a ton of names here I recognize, like a Freedom celebrity roll call, and I hope to see more of you in game!

OMG IM SO GLAD I LOOKED THRU THIS THREAD AGAIN! BONKS!!! GLOBAL ME! 

On 9/24/2019 at 6:39 AM, Mind Lasher said:

I am Mind Lasher, I played on Freedom starting in late 2004-early 2005 somewhere, I was an officer in Team Omega and I died a little inside when they took the game from me.

It took me a while to find my way over here because i didn't want to lose the game again, but here goes.

I was in team omega aswell, i really would love to rekindle players from freedom

• 1 month later

Late to the party, but @tOOn here:

tOOn

tOOn sLaYer

tOOnZilla

[anything with tOOn or t00n in it]

Was in Tribute, typically taking notes in my Johnny Priest trapperkeeper.

Have some tOOns on Torchbearer but haven't been on in a while since dealing with a newly rolled baby at home. So many virtual faces I haven't seen in (gasp) decades! (/e wave to all of them!)

Hey all! Looking to see if I recognize anyone from my early days. My handle and main character was @Halo Hunter and I was in SG Freedom Defenders for a long time until I decided to make my own with my brother. I would always hang around atlas park for the costume contests and even started hosting some. I’m on the hunt to find an old friend of mine named What the Deuce. 

• 2 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later

Yellow Whiz
Brother Lung
Freedom Spirit
Fall Breeze
1930's Spider
RN Betty
Tricker King
Fi Yong
Vegaton
Ninjoy
Wrought Iron
Zad Zarta

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• 2 weeks later