Stacking Combos Question

JusticeBowler

I rolled a Water/Time blaster and while I love the sets for their unique build up features, keeping track of two different systems at the same time is a pain.

Stalkers though, look like they could pull this off better. For example, Street Fighting builds Combos (Savage Melee gets Blood Frenzy) and Stalkers in general build Assassin's Focus. It looks like there would be a attach chain that would stack the two effects together nicely. What sort of experience do you Stalker experts have with this?

Or it could be that the mechanics of the two are just enough different that you are always struggling to line them up...

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

I rolled a Water/Time blaster and while I love the sets for their unique build up features, keeping track of two different systems at the same time is a pain.

Stalkers though, look like they could pull this off better. For example, Street Fighting builds Combos (Savage Melee gets Blood Frenzy) and Stalkers in general build Assassin's Focus. It looks like there would be a attach chain that would stack the two effects together nicely. What sort of experience do you Stalker experts have with this?

Or it could be that the mechanics of the two are just enough different that you are always struggling to line them up...

Staff/ stalkers have this feature. It works nicely. I have a four power  attack chain, which means that the first attack chain usually has a 66% chance of a crit AS and every attack chain after that has a 100% AS chance, usually.

However, I don’t know if this is really that much of a boon since all stalkers are going to be attacking regardless, so AS will build if you are doing your job. I guess it’s nice they line up pretty much 1:1.

Street/Will Stalker here!

Can confirm the Combo system aligns very well with Assassin's Strike/Focus. Opening up on a mob with AS produces 2 combo points on a successful hit, meaning I only have to use one combo builder power in order to max out my finishers. At the same time, using the combo builders and finishers give chances to acquire A-Focus charges which, after about 9 seconds on my slotting, is enough time to build 2-3 focus stacks for the mid-battle critical AS. And then yet again, after using mid-battle AS with a crit (or not, RNG sucks), I have a head-start on my next max-combo attack.

It's a beautiful rhythm.

It seems as long as AS positively influences the charge/point mechanics of a given power-set, it gives Stalkers a bit of a niché you can't find in other melee sets, even Scrappers. Once again, I have to pray to the i24 gods that brought us the AS revamp in the first place, mid-battle AS is truly the saving grace for the archetype.