Is work on page 6 ongoing or stalled?

aethereal

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

This was brought up on Live.  The AE has a nice mission creator.  The actual game does not.  They cannot just take an AE mission and change it to a regular mission.  It has to be coded manually in the format of Live missions. 

I would love them to do this, but it apparently is not saving a lot of work.  We would just get better missions.

Yeah I distinctly remember Positron and a few others outright explaining this on the live forums. In fact I recall that for some time (and probably even near the end of the life of the live product) plugging values into excel was part of the work. (Though that might have only been for powers).

EDIT: Bottom line if folks just gotta be patient and wait. I'm just glad HC is still up and running and hasn't been hit with any Cease and Decist. Grateful for "small" things like that.

Edited by golstat2003

8 hours ago, DougGraves said:

This was brought up on Live.  The AE has a nice mission creator.  The actual game does not.  They cannot just take an AE mission and change it to a regular mission.  It has to be coded manually in the format of Live missions. 

I would love them to do this, but it apparently is not saving a lot of work.  We would just get better missions.

Yup. My understanding as well. However, as I mentioned earlier, the story, script, creating and so on is a HUGE effort as well. There are thousands of players and out of the interested playerbase, you could get some pretty great stuff. Sure, you have to code it but, overall, it'll help some...I think?

I'm hoping we can see new and original content. I've seen the current factions/characters/etc for a LONG time now. Let's change it up 🙂

On 6/27/2020 at 8:51 PM, DougGraves said:

Do you happen to know how feasible it would be to put an AE mission dood in the world?

I mean... connect a specific AE mission to an NPC.

Then it wouldn't matter how the mission was created ... or would it?

Edited by Herotu

21 hours ago, Herotu said:

Do you happen to know how feasible it would be to put an AE mission dood in the world?

I mean... connect a specific AE mission to an NPC.

Then it wouldn't matter how the mission was created ... or would it?

I have no idea

It would be nice to know if we are looking at Page 6 (or something similar) in a 'this month' 'this season' 'this year' or 'never' time frame, just for expectations management.  As I play several likely-impacted powersets, having that information would allow me to make better informed choices about where to spend my playtime and influence.  Even a 'we don't know when if ever' would be something.

This request should not be taken as criticism of the HC team or their work, by any means - simply an observation that better information makes for better decisions.

Edited by marcussmythe

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

The most of a timeline we received, up to this point, is:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/19869-sooo-whats-coming-up-on-hc/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-225560

Granted, taking a look at Homecoming Team and Dev activity on the boards suggest they've been brushing off the cobwebs over the past two weeks.  They're not at their old capacity yet, but things -do- seem to be picking up again.  I'd guess . . . anticipate an announcement by week three of August if present trends continue.  If my estimate ends up being -WAY- wrong, please feel free to point an accusatory finger at me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

The most of a timeline we received, up to this point, is:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/19869-sooo-whats-coming-up-on-hc/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-225560

Granted, taking a look at Homecoming Team and Dev activity on the boards suggest they've been brushing off the cobwebs over the past two weeks.  They're not at their old capacity yet, but things -do- seem to be picking up again.  I'd guess . . . anticipate an announcement by week three of August if present trends continue.  If my estimate ends up being -WAY- wrong, please feel free to point an accusatory finger at me.

I would expect an announcement . . . when they decide to make an announcement. Best not to get hopes up, especially since we're still dealing with COVID19 and all the issues that brings. Especially with the new surges in 45 of the 50 states in the US.

• Like 1

• City Council
On 7/7/2020 at 9:59 PM, marcussmythe said:

It would be nice to know if we are looking at Page 6 (or something similar) in a 'this month' 'this season' 'this year' or 'never' time frame, just for expectations management.  As I play several likely-impacted powersets, having that information would allow me to make better informed choices about where to spend my playtime and influence.  Even a 'we don't know when if ever' would be something.

This request should not be taken as criticism of the HC team or their work, by any means - simply an observation that better information makes for better decisions.

We're internally testing much of Page 6 at the moment. I don't want to give a timeframe because people's situations can change very quickly at the moment, but it's definitely not never.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

We're internally testing much of Page 6 at the moment. I don't want to give a timeframe because people's situations can change very quickly at the moment, but it's definitely not never.

Thank you.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

• City Council
1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

I REALLY hope they fix the bug with Hail of Bullets from dual pistols soon, I miss playing my DP toons...

😌😣😌😁🤔😁

That'll get fixed when those pesky marketeers stop creating infinite influence!

(but in all seriousness, it's already fixed in Page 6!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

On 7/10/2020 at 6:41 PM, Jimmy said:

Would be nice to see what your planning/adjusting.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, chi1701 said:

Would be nice to see what your planning/adjusting.

Well see..internal testing can change at any moment, so I'll wait till it's public testing.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|