Slotting Taunt Enhancements?

wheresmycow

Is slotting taunt enhancements on attacks a thing?  I'm doing a WP/Titan tanker and most of my Set IO choices revolve around a combination of +recharge and resistance, which doesn't leave me much room for taunt enhancements.  Do I need to in order to be a good tanker?

I would say no.  As a tanker you have punchvoke (slang for when you do damage you taunt.) If you really want to keep aggro pick up taunt out of your secondary.  For your attacks I would focus on accuracy so that you can hit, then damage, then either recharge or end redux.  If you are picking up IO sets it will have all of that in spades.

My suggestion for being a good tanker is being able to take the alpha strikes when you jump in and sustainability in fights. Some tanks run out of endurance. You want to be able to still use your powers long into a fight.

Hope that helps.

If you are a Willpower tanker, there may be a point to slotting attacks with Taunt, given that your aura's taunt strength is less than that of other sets, and also with slotting the aura itself with Taunt.  (Does anyone know about the i25 primaries like Bio and Radiation Armor?  My Bio/Spines tanker seems to have little difficulty commanding attention, then again Spines on a tanker is something I never thought I'd see.)  Other than that, no. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Does anyone know about the i25 primaries like Bio and Radiation Armor?

I have a Rad/ tank that doesn't seem to have trouble keeping aggro, and a /Bio brute that also keeps mobs PO'd.

To OP; I would second the recommendation for some taunt enhancements in your aura and making sure you have Taunt from your secondary. Other than that, you should be good.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

I played a Tanker out of the gate in 2004 but stopped playing CoH before Going Rogue came out, so probably 2008ish.  During those years, getting and keeping aggro was the primary job for the Tanker so I slotted +Acc, +Taunt, and +Recharge in my Taunt.  Every time it recharged, I hit it again.  I'd punch things between Taunts but my main job on the team was keeping aggro.  And I know Tankers' hits also create aggro but they don't seem to do as much as an AoE Taunt.

Now, I know a lot changed in the game after 2008 so I a lot of what I'm seeing in the game now is new to me (which is kind of nice and refreshing).  Would you say that a Tanker's job in a group has changed since I last played?  Are other classes so less squishy now that holding all of the aggro isn't needed any longer?

If you are a Willpower tanker, there may be a point to slotting attacks with Taunt, given that your aura's taunt strength is less than that of other sets, and also with slotting the aura itself with Taunt.  (Does anyone know about the i25 primaries like Bio and Radiation Armor?  My Bio/Spines tanker seems to have little difficulty commanding attention, then again Spines on a tanker is something I never thought I'd see.)  Other than that, no.

My Spines/Bio Brute has a similar experience - I think having two constantly running damage auras is likely contributing.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

• 4 weeks later

Are other classes so less squishy now that holding all of the aggro isn't needed any longer?

As someone who mains as a fire blaster, I'm constantly pulling agro away from my tanky teammates. By all means, please keep taunting so I'm not left holding buckets of agro by myself! LOL

I played a Tanker out of the gate in 2004 but stopped playing CoH before Going Rogue came out, so probably 2008ish.  During those years, getting and keeping aggro was the primary job for the Tanker so I slotted +Acc, +Taunt, and +Recharge in my Taunt.  Every time it recharged, I hit it again.  I'd punch things between Taunts but my main job on the team was keeping aggro.  And I know Tankers' hits also create aggro but they don't seem to do as much as an AoE Taunt.

Now, I know a lot changed in the game after 2008 so I a lot of what I'm seeing in the game now is new to me (which is kind of nice and refreshing).  Would you say that a Tanker's job in a group has changed since I last played?  Are other classes so less squishy now that holding all of the aggro isn't needed any longer?

Let me point out here that unless you're playing PvP (player vs player) then slotting accuracy into taunt is totally POINTLESS since the power is autohit to mobs.  Back pre-IO I used to slot Taunt 2 recharge/2 taunt.  Nowadays I use either the full Mocking Beratement or the full Perfect Zinger sets since they're cheap and have good set bonuses.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler