So I decided to try out a Sentinel (Rad/SR build)

Seigmoraig

I finally decided to try out a Sentinel and I am having much more fun than I thought I would be with the little gal ! I love the laser eyes and the mushroom clouds that pop up when I nuke stuff =D I'm a lot less bothered with the lower max targets than Blasters since I get to be so resilient.

Here is a build I made for my gal, it has softcap positionals but the base resists are not that high, this changes as I take damage though so I think along with that scaling resist buffs I should be ok.

I tried to focus mostly on getting perma haste (done with the IOs at +5 not shown by default) and as much +damage as I could get, currently it's a +38%

What do you guys think ? Anything suggestions to make this better ? Possibly better proc placement because I'm only white belt in proc-fu I'm afraid

Thanks !

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: zc_Leadership

Hero Profile:
Level 1: X-Ray Beam -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg(5), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(5), TchofLadG-%Dam(7)
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34)
Level 2: Irradiate -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Obl-Dmg(9), Obl-Acc/Rchg(9), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(11), AchHee-ResDeb%(11)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37)
Level 6: Cosmic Burst -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Acc/Rchg(17), Dcm-Build%(17)
Level 8: Agile -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(13), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(45)
Level 12: Master Brawler -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37)
Level 14: Electron Haze -- SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(A), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(19), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 16: Enduring -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 18: Proton Stream -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(27), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 20: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(46), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 22: Hover -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(39), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Neutron Bomb -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31), Ann-ResDeb%(31)
Level 28: Quickness -- Flight-I(A)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Ags-Psi/Status(43)
Level 32: Atomic Blast -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Erd-%Dam(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36)
Level 38: Elude -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(46), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 44: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(48), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(48), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(50), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
------------

Edited by Seigmoraig

One thought comes to mind.  

It looks a bit like you're chasing some +damage perks.  Hover for example has 4 slots.  That 4th bonus is 2% damage.  Bear in mind, that's 2% base damage.  That's single digits worth of damage per power.  Its not much.  

The defensive perk benefit of enhancing Hover is less than that of the full 6 piece bonus of Gaussian's in Aim.  So I'd consider dumping a slot off Hover, and moving it to Aim to complete that set.  You'll go slightly over cap on Range (around 48%) which is a nice buffer to have considering Sentinel DDR isn't as high as other ATs.  

The only thing I'd say beyond that Radiation works well with damage procs.  You could improve damage, if you wanted, but what you have right now isn't a bad way to go either.  Especially true if you're having fun as it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It looks fine! The one that jumps to mind is, you're lacking the Steadfast +3 def unique and you're falling one slot short of +2.5 def to all with Gaussians.

Even though you're softcapped without either, the opportunity cost/gain of getting +5.5 def in 2 slots is so significant I'd make room for it.

Some options:

- replace the Aegis unique with Steadfast

- remove extra slots from Maneuvers/Hover

- finish the Gaussian set in Aim

- add Preventive Medicine and Panacea procs in Health (always good procs to have for end management and survivability)

- add Power Transfer proc in Stamina (you don't really *need* it, but again, it's nice)

- add Kismet somewhere (+6 tohit is nice against enemies with defense buffs or tohit debuffs)

- add a couple slot to Master Brawler, swap set to Panacea for +recharge

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nihilii said:

- replace the Aegis unique with Steadfast

- remove extra slots from Maneuvers/Hover

- finish the Gaussian set in Aim

- add Preventive Medicine and Panacea procs in Health (always good procs to have for end management and survivability)

- add Power Transfer proc in Stamina (you don't really *need* it, but again, it's nice)

- add Kismet somewhere (+6 tohit is nice against enemies with defense buffs or tohit debuffs)

- add a couple slot to Master Brawler, swap set to Panacea for +recharge

Thanks for the feedback !
I had totally omitted the Steadfast IO (d'oh ! )

I finished the Gaussian set

Don't think I need the Panacea proc that much for endurance since already have Enduring for the extra endo slot.

I finished the Preventative Medicine set in Master Brawler

I also added a few more damage procs in the attacks

EDIT: Dropped another slot from Maneuvers, still gives perma hasten to add extra slot to health for Panacea proc

Level 50 Magic Sentinel

Hero Profile:
Level 1: X-Ray Beam -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg(5), ShlBrk-%Dam(5), TchofLadG-%Dam(7)
Level 2: Irradiate -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), Obl-Dmg(9), Obl-Acc/Rchg(9), TchofLadG-%Dam(11), AchHee-ResDeb%(11)
Level 6: Cosmic Burst -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Acc/Rchg(17), Dcm-Build%(17)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(13), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(45), GssSynFr--ToHit(48)
Level 12: Master Brawler -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 14: Electron Haze -- SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(A), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(19), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), FrcFdb-Rechg%(23)
Level 18: Proton Stream -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(27), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 20: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(46), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 22: Hover -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 26: Neutron Bomb -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(31), Ann-ResDeb%(31)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)
Level 32: Atomic Blast -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Erd-%Dam(34)
Level 38: Elude -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 41: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(46), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(40), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-EndRdx(48), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(48), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(50), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
------------

Edited by Seigmoraig
  • Thumbs Up 1

After playing my gal for a bit I realized 2 things:
Firstly, I don't think I'll ever be using the T9 power from SR, Elude, ever. Considering I'm a good deal over the def cap in all my positionals, I have a good amount of def debuff resist and I never run out of end, I can't think of a situation where I would want to use this power.

Secondly: MAOR AOE. Electron Haze is a nice power, and I'm keeping it where it is but in terms of dishing out the deeps, it's just not there. So instead of Elude, I went and got Fire Cages and slotted it with a bunch of Procs which should give it a decent damage. I debated getting Electrifying Fences from Mu Mastery since it deals a lot more base damage, but the increased range (30 radius vs 10 radius) convinced me to go with Fire Cages.
I also changed around some enhancements: Red Fortune is gone from Weave and Maneuvers. I changed them to Reactive Defenses and Shield Wall to save some slots from Dodge to accommodate the new power. Though now I'm a smidge under ranged def cap, at 44.4% but I think I can manage to scrape that 0.6% back if I +5 the Shield Wall enhancements in Maneuvers (I usually go all attuned)

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: X-Ray Beam -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg(5), ShlBrk-%Dam(5), TchofLadG-%Dam(7)
Level 2: Irradiate -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Obl-Dmg(9), Obl-Acc/Rchg(9), TchofLadG-%Dam(11), AchHee-ResDeb%(11)
Level 6: Cosmic Burst -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(17), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 10: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(13), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(39), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(45), GssSynFr--ToHit(48)
Level 12: Master Brawler -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(39), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(40), Prv-Absorb%(45)
Level 18: Proton Stream -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(23), Apc-Dmg(25), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Apc-Acc/Rchg(27), TchofLadG-%Dam(27)
Level 20: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(43)
Level 38: Fire Cages -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(40), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(43), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
------------

Edited by Seigmoraig

After playing it with Fire cages for a while, I ended up changing it for Electrifying Fences, turns out too much of a good thing is not good ! Fire Cages radius is too large lol and I was immobing things too far away from me. I play this character pretty much in the thick of things spamming my pbaoe powers so Fire Cages was just too much. EF is just perfect and it hits harder too !

• Like 2

• 4 months later
On 5/16/2020 at 6:42 PM, Seigmoraig said:

After playing my gal for a bit I realized 2 things:
Firstly, I don't think I'll ever be using the T9 power from SR, Elude, ever. Considering I'm a good deal over the def cap in all my positionals, I have a good amount of def debuff resist and I never run out of end, I can't think of a situation where I would want to use this power.

Secondly: MAOR AOE. Electron Haze is a nice power, and I'm keeping it where it is but in terms of dishing out the deeps, it's just not there. So instead of Elude, I went and got Fire Cages and slotted it with a bunch of Procs which should give it a decent damage. I debated getting Electrifying Fences from Mu Mastery since it deals a lot more base damage, but the increased range (30 radius vs 10 radius) convinced me to go with Fire Cages.
I also changed around some enhancements: Red Fortune is gone from Weave and Maneuvers. I changed them to Reactive Defenses and Shield Wall to save some slots from Dodge to accommodate the new power. Though now I'm a smidge under ranged def cap, at 44.4% but I think I can manage to scrape that 0.6% back if I +5 the Shield Wall enhancements in Maneuvers (I usually go all attuned)

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 2: Irradiate -- Obl-%Dam(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), Obl-Dmg(9), Obl-Acc/Rchg(9), TchofLadG-%Dam(11), AchHee-ResDeb%(11)
Level 6: Cosmic Burst -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(17), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 18: Proton Stream -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(23), Apc-Dmg(25), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), Apc-Acc/Rchg(27), TchofLadG-%Dam(27)
Level 20: Dodge -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Fire Cages -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Weave -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def(46), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(40), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(43), Pnc-Heal/+End(50)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
------------

Not bad, but...

You've kept in a lot of Dam/rch enhs in powers you have proc in. For example Apoc in Proton Stream. I'd go thru your build and swap out any dam/rch for whatever you've skipped, in this case dam/end. You'll be at 59.62% rch and your proc will fire more often. The plus rch you get from these enhs is usually less than a second, so easily worth switching out.

Edited by xl8
Typelexia