Level 37 Healer

cgilm2526

I’m sure you’re doing fine- I think darkirs build is great for leveling (as most of dArkirs builds are great in general). Sometimes people forget that random leveling in the 20-30s usually need a “heAler” because so many people run builds with no enhancements/ios while leveling that they jsut faceplant all day... which means as a healing - able character you probably wont have time to do much else anyways.

what people here are talking about is as you level up, people get more and more self sustain, tanking, and control- which means as a healer you’ll find you’re not as useful (and will definitely not feel required).  So it’s a good idea to get in that groove now as it’ll be how you end up...

I don’t play empathy, but I do play pain. And I only run the aoe heal nowadays 😛  

On 5/19/2020 at 2:06 PM, Scientist said:

OP, if you want to be a really effective addition to your team, both as a healer and as a secondary blaster, I'd suggest doing this.  You can slot most sets in the game by your level, and you will notice definite improvements in recharge of heals, defenses, and a number of other areas.  Then, when you hit 50, you can pull out any sets you had slotted, such as Decimation or Positrons Blast, and replace them with your final sets, storing the sets you pulled out for your next character.  I've got some sets that have been passed through 3 characters now on the way to 50, so you don't have to keep buying them.  Just make sure to buy the Attuned versions, so you can start slotting them around SO time, and they are effective up to 50.  

If, for example, you want to 6-slot heals, if you put a Numina in you get some ranged defense, or a Preventative Medicine for some recharge.  For Recovery Aura (which should have Endurance Modification, not End Reduction, by the way) slot one of the new EndMod sets, Preemptive Optimization, for both defense and some recharge.  Also, though they are more expensive, the Defender ATOs are some of the best in the game.  

Stupid question. How do I pull IO's out? Arent they Soul bound(Sorry, thats a WoW term. LOL

You can buy unslotters from the AH, and then you can just drag them from your slots and into your tray, consuming an unslotter each time. 

No stupid questions, ask away 😀

For more immediate response try the help channel in game, there’s usually a few of us on there answering queries like this 😊

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

if you have more than a couple of IOs that you need to pull out, you can also do a Respec, allowing you to pull out up to 70 (though at the cost of having to pick/reslot all of your powers again.

What this team needs is more Defenders

I personally use level 25 common IOs until I hit 50. In a final build, if slots are tight, I might use 2 level 50 common IOs in something like Hasten as those two will be fairly close to being equal to three slotting. I also make a character to earn the badges for crafting level 25-30 common IOs so I can create them without a recipe and for cheaper. This way I just craft them for any character who needs them. Obviously if you have just a single slot for something, pop a level 50 common in it unless you need some special attribute from it, ie +stealth.

Playing a healer in CoH simply is being unaware or ignoring the meta for the game. Debuff sets tend to, not always, be far better in the long run. Emps have their place, but I don't find them as versatile. Now for PvP, they are awesome.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Empaths are strong buffers, but their strongest buffs are single target (CM, Fort, AB).  Any debuffs will come from the blasts/blast set.  If this is a static team duo to go all the way to 50 and beyond Empathy should work well and remain very viable but your buff target needs to take what you do into account with their build to maximize that benefit.  I'd probably take advantage of one of the alternate builds to either specifically build for when not teamed with you or vice versa depending on how frequently you actually end up running as a pair.  Basically he won't need to worry about endurance at all (between perma AB and RA even end draining foes are a non factor in terms of endurance.  Hitting the foes should also be a non-issue between Fort and Tactics. And so on.  He can focus on raw damage and probably still add lots of procs.  For example, a pair of boosted damage IO's and 4 procs for his 6 slots and similar stuff with his mez/control powers as desired.   No need for him to slot any endred or accuracy in his powers, you'll cover that.  Folks often say debuffers are what are wanted but those debuffs are up against the purple patch hard core vs +4's.  It's just normally high end builds cover their own accuracy, endurance, etc., themselves so demand for those buffs drops to those still working towards the high end they envision or it just isn't a concern for that player.  Having a dedicated Empath buddy frees your teammate from those needs enabling him to focus elsewhere with his build outside the norm.

PS:  Oops, meant to post this under Looking for a Buffer by @Deadshot7below.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Oopsy wrong thread