Stalkers Placate AoE

there is an AOE Placate in Ninjitsu, it by no means comes close to any of the Armor T9 let alone MoG The AoE placate has to hit on everything around you otherwise you still have things beating on you...when you hit MoG nothing touches you, for the entire duration....although since it can miss then to me that means its also useless(my opinion).

but AOE placate exists, and its not god mode...so at least that is one fear proven irrational

1 hour ago, Chrome said:

there is an AOE Placate in Ninjitsu, it by no means comes close to any of the Armor T9 let alone MoG The AoE placate has to hit on everything around you otherwise you still have things beating on you...when you hit MoG nothing touches you, for the entire duration....although since it can miss then to me that means its also useless(my opinion).

but AOE placate exists, and its not god mode...so at least that is one fear proven irrational

Smoke Flash vs Placate, lets compare: it is a lvl 20 power that has 2X the recharge, 4/5th the duration, -1 mag, requires an accuracy check, caps at 10 targets, AND AND AND DOES NOT RE-HIDE YOU! 

Sounds to me like you are giving up a LOT for it to be AoE...

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

3 hours ago, Snowdaze said:

Smoke Flash vs Placate, lets compare: it is a lvl 20 power that has 2X the recharge, 4/5th the duration, -1 mag, requires an accuracy check, caps at 10 targets, AND AND AND DOES NOT RE-HIDE YOU! 

Sounds to me like you are giving up a LOT for it to be AoE...

it sounds to me like you actually want an AOE, auto hit, you can't touch me button, that also rehides you...if that existed...it should replace whatever armor set's t-9 is currently available similar to hide replacing one of the normal armors.

Edited by Chrome

1 minute ago, Chrome said:

it sounds to me like you actually want an AOE, auto hit, you can't touch me button, that also rehides you...if that existed...it should replace whatever armor set's t-9 is currently available similar to hide replacing one of the normal armors.

I was more demonstrating the 'cost of balance' for making it AoE.

So what about Smoke Flash? So if you make all stalker placate primaries aoe, then why would anyone take Smoke flash? It becomes a "dead" power, and I use the term "dead" like a "dead language" it's still there a few people will use it but ultimately it's pointless and it's not used for any practical purpose.

I have brought this up before in similar threads, but Stalker's Placate used to be AoE. It was nerfed and made single target. The nerf was not needed then and it's needed even less now.

The reason it was nerfed is because players complained about it. However, even though Stalker players tried educating them on how to counter Placate, they did not want to listen and complained even more. So even though the Devs said Stalkers were working as intended and would not be nerfed, players eventually got their way and the Placate power was nerfed anyway.

This was before players would take +perception and -Placate abilities. Now that every dog and his brother knows about the (even though the counters existed then) counters to Placate, the nerf is even less needed now than it was then. So I give this thread a...

+1

Revert Placate back to its original form.

P.S. To be clear, Placate was never really AoE, it just placed the Stalker back in Hide, not the Pseudo hide that it places you in today. However, it had the same effect/affect as Placate without actually placing a Placate Debuff on the players. Only your target received the Placate Debuff.

Edited by Solarverse