Elec/Rad troller playstyle

PhillyPhil26

Hey guys so i have a level 50 elec/rad controller. 
I was in rush to have a controller toon done so i just powerelevelled him to 50.

Now I joined a eden tf and when i was playing i kinda felt lost on what I was doing.

Normally with my blasters or brutes/scrapper i know im doing good damage.

With this toon i believe im more just for support to help weaken the enemies with my radiation powers while buffing my team with my heal and Accelerate metabolism.

Is that correct?
what should my focus be on when i use this elec/rad in teams?

Electric is not high damage, and Rad is no damage and all debuffing. So your job is to drain the mobs, Immobilize them around the tank (AFTER the tank has pulled them in) if there is a tank, and debuff them. To give the tank a chance to group them, start off with the three Rad debuffs (EF,LR,RI) first.

I have one personally you're a melee ranged character you can legit sit  and lockdown mobs because you don't need to do damage. You got the best sleep in the game, a really good confusion, a hold aura that synergies with your end drain aura. A TAOE hold that can be proc'ed up for solid damage a nasty PBAOE hold that kills regen. Personally you gotta make a choice of not taking the rez and fallout because overall you don't have enough slot personally to keep it. You want to go Mu for a bit more damage from Ball Lightning and grab that Power Sink and only use it after an EM Pulse. You are basically the best sapper you don't hurt much yet you'll make a lot of encounters for others a breeze you have great debuffs and a assortment of control options to prevent the group and yourself from get overwhelmed.

Gameplay wise I normally start off with Static field and then go into Synaptic Overload then you throw down the toggled debuffs and save Lingering Radiation for AV's or really tough mobs. Yet IF you feel bold enough you run head long into a mob EM Pulse then wait 5 sec then Power Sink and the mob should be gone or nearly by time the PS animation is done. I don't use Chain Fences as much due to the sleep and confusion are more useful then I still run into mobs and let my holds do a lot of heavy lifting. I found myself using jolting chain for the knockdown then sitting on them to hold them which allows me to do anything else or allow my team to do anything they want.  Also this is not a hover in the back kinda character due to your auras you're kinda shadowing the tank or melee characters. You can help them by having your Radiant Aura auto firing and Accelerated Metabolism at the ready also.

On 5/21/2020 at 2:13 AM, ExeErdna said:

I have one personally you're a melee ranged character you can legit sit  and lockdown mobs because you don't need to do damage. You got the best sleep in the game, a really good confusion, a hold aura that synergies with your end drain aura. A TAOE hold that can be proc'ed up for solid damage a nasty PBAOE hold that kills regen. Personally you gotta make a choice of not taking the rez and fallout because overall you don't have enough slot personally to keep it. You want to go Mu for a bit more damage from Ball Lightning and grab that Power Sink and only use it after an EM Pulse. You are basically the best sapper you don't hurt much yet you'll make a lot of encounters for others a breeze you have great debuffs and a assortment of control options to prevent the group and yourself from get overwhelmed.

Gameplay wise I normally start off with Static field and then go into Synaptic Overload then you throw down the toggled debuffs and save Lingering Radiation for AV's or really tough mobs. Yet IF you feel bold enough you run head long into a mob EM Pulse then wait 5 sec then Power Sink and the mob should be gone or nearly by time the PS animation is done. I don't use Chain Fences as much due to the sleep and confusion are more useful then I still run into mobs and let my holds do a lot of heavy lifting. I found myself using jolting chain for the knockdown then sitting on them to hold them which allows me to do anything else or allow my team to do anything they want.  Also this is not a hover in the back kinda character due to your auras you're kinda shadowing the tank or melee characters. You can help them by having your Radiant Aura auto firing and Accelerated Metabolism at the ready also.

care to share ur build for me to refer to?