Psi Melee/?

graeberguinn

Have a theme for a new character. Will be my first scrapper. Want to use Psi Melee and Force of will pool. Not sure on secondary. Had originally thought Bio or Rad?

What is better on scrapper though... Res or Def? 

Any secondaries that might synergize well or that push max survivability? 

34 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Uh ... Willpower ... ?

Beat me to it here.  My own Psi/WP is 49 now, and has been a ton of fun.

Don't let the crowd saying "bUt PsI DAmAgE iS ReSiStED" sway you.  I didn't find it to be any worse than what any other damage type faces.  Yes, robots are a bit of a pain but that's what Electromagnetic Grenades are for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, graeberguinn said:

Have a theme for a new character. Will be my first scrapper. Want to use Psi Melee and Force of will pool. Not sure on secondary. Had originally thought Bio or Rad?

What is better on scrapper though... Res or Def? 

Any secondaries that might synergize well or that push max survivability? 

You might consider building a Stalker rather than a Scrapper. Stalkers lose the narrow arc/short radius Cone in favor of an Assassin attack that's (significantly) higher dpa than anything the set ordinarily has. They can also more reliably crit on the one strong AE in the set.

I can't speak to theme - that's up to the individual. I tend to view Scrappers (or Stalkers) as primarily about damage rather than mini-Tankers. That means selecting secondary sets based on how they augment the primary rather than their potential to make you as unkillable as possible. So I tend to choose sets that either augment recharge (Electric, Energy, Super Reflexes) or damage (Bio, Fire, Shield).

Rad is nice my fire rad with just IO's no incarnates can solo av's not all a few are just my kryptonite but can do most. I just soft capped smash/lethal defense and capped my s/l resistance and get as much regen, and other resistance that i can and as much recharge as I can to smash face

Will power is always nice,

Invulnerability works but I think most use Bio, WP or Rad now over that set but it is still fine

Hell EA works just fine as while

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA