Mastermind End Penalties Discussion

JayboH

14 hours ago, Hopestar said:

Even with a full set IO'd out build, both my Demons/Elec and Beasts/Dark use a TON of endurance that I have to be super careful about. For Demons/Elec, before even using whip attacks, the End cost for keeping everyone healed, absorbed, and moving my shield with the group is just barely not made up for by the +45-55% (depending on if Perf Shifter procs) endurance I get from a super min-maxed Energizing Circuit, so I often have to slow my buffing. If I want to use Whip? Well the team better hope they don't break through the absorbs I'm spamming because I can't afford to heal AND attack. Thus I only attack hard targets like Elite Bosses and above.
For Beasts/Dark, it's the same, Call Hawk + everything in Dark is unsustainable because it not only lost it's +recovery power for MM's crappy Hold, but increased the cost of everything and just having the toggles for dark on alone (with ~ 59% end reduction!) still costs 0.9 end/s not to mention summoning my servant or using howling twilight STILL costs 22 endurance EACH with tons of end reduction in them, so goodbye chunks of endurance while I wait 21 seconds (not an exaggeration, that's literally how long it takes, with Panacea, Perf Shift, Miracle) to get that back, not counting using any other powers or any other toggles like Maneuvers or Tough.

Sorry but "even with just normal IO's, your end is going nowhere depending on sets" is not my experience and I like to believe I know how to make a half decent build. You must be standing around using passive abilities or using a Time or Kinetic both of which can recover vast amounts of endurance and shouldn't really be considered for that reason alone.

You simply missed my post/point from earlier in the thread....to keep it simple. If you're spamming (which I mentioned) and or forcing toggles, etc. Even then you can YT of MM's not running out of end fully slotted with IO sets.  On my Demons/Thermal I'm never running out of end Read carefully next time or YT some runs/builds. Don't quote me if you aren't gonna take the time to read.

1 hour ago, kiramon said:

If I had to complain about end, I wouldn’t use electric as the one - so if it IS a problem( that’s pretty horrible...

howevee I personally never had issues with electric on my level 40 necro/ea

On my Elec/Fire Defender, I'm never running out of end with just normal IO's...people either spam heavy or run several toggles/both. I'd honestly have to see some vids of the builds and or playstyle of those complaining.

You're comparing a Defender to an MM...

And no, I read the entire thread first before replying, thank you very much. Just because you aren't running out of end doesn't represent everyone. "If you're spamming" This is almost the entire point of Elec Affinity, spam everything it has, there's a reason everything is so low cooldown, to keep stacks, you can't build 16+ stacks without spamming your powers. I don't understand your meaning "forcing toggles" is this forcing to include toggles in the endurance cost?

I would post a video but I don't have the power to do so at 30 fps. Run CoH or run something else, such is the life of a potato computer, and right now it's particularly expensive to build a new one...

On 6/27/2020 at 8:00 AM, Hopestar said:

You're comparing a Defender to an MM...

And no, I read the entire thread first before replying, thank you very much. Just because you aren't running out of end doesn't represent everyone. "If you're spamming" This is almost the entire point of Elec Affinity, spam everything it has, there's a reason everything is so low cooldown, to keep stacks, you can't build 16+ stacks without spamming your powers. I don't understand your meaning "forcing toggles" is this forcing to include toggles in the endurance cost?

I would post a video but I don't have the power to do so at 30 fps. Run CoH or run something else, such is the life of a potato computer, and right now it's particularly expensive to build a new one...

Is it?  The only thing I've heard has been crazy is power supplies and webcams. 

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

5 hours ago, JayboH said:

Is it?  The only thing I've heard has been crazy is power supplies and webcams. 

Yep, all the "sales" and "deals" recently have been overridden with "in stock" at MSRP because all the manufacturers are pretty behind thanks to Covid. For hot items, you have to watch them heavily or they'll be out of stock before you can even checkout. About the only things I've seen theres still sales for, because they're heavily in stock for some reason, is memory and hard drives.

• 4 weeks later

According to the beta bugs forum, Elec Affinity for MM’s may actually be using LESS Endurance than intended.   It sounds like that may be true on Beta as well as on Live currently.  CaptPowerhouse acknowledged it, meaning I’d not get too comfortable that /EA MM’s are by any means going to be fine after this gets corrected.

With some of the replies I just want to reiterate that yes, if you go full end reduction on things you can make it manageable...

...however your secondaries already do less than other ATs and they can actually slot enhancements that buff their already-superior abilities without having to slot as much endurance reduction, so it's double-dipping in that regard, making your secondaries even weaker than they already are

• Like 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Let's just hope they don't change it back to the way it was when CoV first came out. You had to upgrade each pet individually. And the recharge on the second upgrade was slow enough that it would take a lot of time to apply it to all 6 of your pets.