Fun ways to give...

Ukase

49 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Imagine you have Billions and billions that you know you'll never be able to spend. 

What are the ways you would choose to give it away? 

Send it to the global handle in my sig, below. 😆

• Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Aside from just randomly giving some away as you run past a lowbie I saw a post in the Market section that was really about someone accidentally buying a small insp for 1,000,000 inf.  You could do things like that.  Randomly purchase some normally low value item on the AH for 10 mil or something.

Hold your own contest for some in game activity.  Costume contests are all the time but could do for all sorts of things.

Run Task Forces and give out prizes for things like final kill on AV or other things that come up during the various missions.

1 hour ago, 11Troy11 said:

You could check with your SG and give some out according to need.

All the characters in my SG have at least 1 billion inf. It's a membership requirement. (they're all my alts) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, iBot said:

Aside from just randomly giving some away as you run past a lowbie I saw a post in the Market section that was really about someone accidentally buying a small insp for 1,000,000 inf.  You could do things like that.  Randomly purchase some normally low value item on the AH for 10 mil or something.

Hold your own contest for some in game activity.  Costume contests are all the time but could do for all sorts of things.

Run Task Forces and give out prizes for things like final kill on AV or other things that come up during the various missions.

I have doled out over 1/2 a billion on MSR kill shots. I hosted a frostfire mission and offered inf for the kill shot ...but, I ended up getting the kill shot, with a Fireball AoE. Wasn't even aiming at him. The problem for me with MSRs - they are terribly repetitive and boring after you've done them for a while. I was going to give some inf away at hami raids - but most of those folks have refused the offer, they have plenty. And the system log rarely verified who got the kill shot. I'd have to take a third party's word for it - which made me a bit uneasy. 

Yeah combat kill for large scale things is probably tough since I think there is a limit to how many reports actually make to each player in proximity at the time.  Teaming is probably easier since there are only a max of 8.

Maybe use a random obscure badge and put in broadcast that the first 5 people who come to see you in Pocket D that have the badge get 100 mil inf.

On live they used to run TF races with prizes.  That was always fun but certainly takes a bit of organizing and not easy for just one person to run and verify.

Make a really hard AE set of missions and have a race to see who can finish the mission fastest.  Not sure if there is a timer for AE but could probably be done with chat log time which is how they used to do the TF races.  Send a tell to start and send a tell at finish and the time difference was the race time.  Granted people with a fast load time will have a minor advantage but still should be good enough.

• Like 1

• Scavenger hunt. You could put items in your SG base and let others find them, this post should give you an idea.
  • Hide & Seek. You hide and others try to find you, I would limit it to one zone maybe a small one.
  • PVP. Maybe group pvp and the first person to kill you wins. I haven't done PvP before so I'm not sure how it works. Alternatively, a tournament players fight each other, last man standing wins and gets to fight you as a bonus match but still win the prize money whether they beat you or not.
  • Like 1

I would have fun paying for the cost of rebuilding Americas crumbling infrastructure, then have everything named after fiction characters. Here is the Han Solo Arch, this is the Pikachu Canyon. You get the idea. ( oh you meant in game. I'd would change the economy by buying mass amounts of anything that has over a 1000 units for sale.)

Edited by Obex

2 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/18547-if-you-just-paid-600mm-instead-of-6mm/?tab=comments#comment-208949

It wasn't 1,000,000 . . . and it wasn't an accident.

But, yeah.  Make someone feel like they just won the lotto every now and again.   They may not need the Inf, but hopefully they too will pay it forward.

As often as I do that on accident...lol. The thing is - the folks that need the inf aren't really using the market, are they? 

I know some guys just unload everything for 1 inf because they can't stand using it. 
I always figured the folks that sell stuff on the market are already loaded. Guess I'm wrong? I guess they can't all be "rich" with inf. 

39 minutes ago, Obex said:

I would have fun paying for the cost of rebuilding Americas crumbling infrastructure, then have everything named after fiction characters. Here is the Han Solo Arch, this is the Pikachu Canyon. You get the idea. ( oh you meant in game. I'd would change the economy by buying mass amounts of anything that has over a 1000 units for sale.)

I've often been tempted to buy up all the LotG recipes and IOs...and the red fortunes and reactive defenses - IOs and recipes. Wouldn't even resell them until the price was back at 7m for an lotg 7.5%. But I think there are dev forces at work in that instance driving the prices down for some reason. Don't want to kick that hornet's nest. 

I've often thought about buying all the recipes in the AH...and just selling them to the vendor. All kinds of whacky things I've thought of - but while the results might be interesting, I'd rather not fiddle with other peoples fun. 

22 hours ago, Ukase said:

Well, since I see several 50+3's in your signature, I strongly suspect that while you may not have vast sums, you have plenty. 

Interestingly enough, I've never ever had more than 500M Inf at one time.  I usually have an average of around 150M Inf total across all ~40 characters. 

However, whenever I do get a character to 50 and deem it "worthy" of a complete build, I'll farm and market the amounts I need for the IO sets for that particular character.  So I don't have billions of "liquid" Inf laying around.  However, I probably do have a couple billions worth of IO sets equipped on my level 50+ chars (less than a dozen chars).

That said, I don't really need you to send me Inf, @Ukase -- I was just kidding around.  However, I certainly wouldn't refuse it.  😘

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 5/20/2020 at 8:20 AM, Ukase said:

Imagine you have Billions and billions that you know you'll never be able to spend. 

What are the ways you would choose to give it away? 

In addition to the MSR kill shot mentioned earlier, on Everlasting I use to announce a "lucky caller #7 with the phrase that pays" radio sort of thing for MSR recruiting. I've tried it a couple of times on Ex, but it hasn't happened yet because either there wasn't enough interest in an MSR at that particular time, or it was obvious people were just dropping in to try to get the cash and then drop out of the league. But it's a fun thing to do when everyone is being cool about it.

Occasionally, I like to take my 50s down to Atlas and join or run some DFBs, and I give a reward for the kill shot on Tinder.

Shout out to Yatman who was playing 20 questions for a cash prize on two of my MSRs yesterday!

• 2 weeks later

Costume contests are always cool and I support them, but maybe other unique ways.

I'm not sure about others, but sometimes I'll randomly 'info' people when I'm bored or waiting around Atlas. Occasionally it's led me to start conversations with others based on what's written in their bio section or their powerset choices. No offense to the /fire brutes and /kinetic controllers out there, but I do enjoy seeing people in higher levels playing sets you don't see quite as often. TA/non-Archery Defenders, Mind Controllers, Kinetic Melee, Sonic Resonance, Sonic Blasters/Sentinels, /Ice Scrappers/Stalkers, etc... Maybe just randomly hand some influence out to people you see and take an interest in. You'll also generally be able to tell if they are $$$ or not based on their 'info' and see if they have many set bonuses or not. If it's in the higher levels, and they don't, it's likely their main or they are still growing. People watching at its best, and I guarantee you will make someone's day with your generosity.

Just some ideas 🐰❤️🐛☂️

Edit - Also, on Live I seem to recall a hide & seek-style contest I would see every once in a while where someone would Broadcast in zone "First to find me wins x influence". If you're into that. I'm not sure that's my personal style, but just some added suggestions.

Edited by Strawberry
  • Like 1

50 Kinetic Melee / Regen Scrapper  🐊

50 Pain Domination / Fire Defender  🍰 

Managed to get 5 folks to spell out 'SUPER' across their chests (capes were also allowed) for an influence prize -- ran it right after a CC ended so there were a few inf-hungry folks in the crowd. Wonder if it'll go so smoothly if it's done out of the blue? 

PURSE.jpg

Just to keep folks in the loop, I gave out 10 Billion in the past week. I will continue to do so, until I'm at a more reasonable 60 billion. 

I've given some to an SG to bolster PvP efforts, some to global friends who seem to find people in need more often than I do. 

• Like 1

It's rare that I find them, but I absolutely love throwing funds to newbies while I'm leveling. I tend to use an alt account to get my guys to lvl 22-27 so I can slot with basic IO's then level them to 50 through TF's. When I see people ask questions about something that reveals they are new or low on funds like, "I just outleveled my enhancements gotta buy more" I start bombarding them with questions/information/infamy lol. I'll admit this doesn't happen very often as most teams will be quiet or just folks having a good time joking about stuff. It's much more satisfying to deduce that someone is truly new instead of just shouting in broadcast if there are any new players around. Other things to look for are people constantly knocking back mobs and ask if they know about KB to KD enhancements and then trade a couple to them if they are unaware. You can also just check to see if people have set bonuses from their info page but that isn't quite as satisfying as there are people like myself that don't slot sets until 50. You can host a costume contest for the financially challenged or ask how many 50's everyone on your team has or if they have any farming toons.

Anything you do is great though and it's nice of you to share the wealth!