Your best 4+/8 MM build?

Tiklandian

@Twistedview -

Bots/Time is solid. I played that for awhile before perfecting my Bots/EA.

But for /time, I focused on minimizing recharge time. Plus the standard Mace epic pool to make softcapping defenses with robots easy with Power Boost + Farsight combo. 

With robot/time you can get into melee and focus on keeping pets going through buffs and heals,  and keeping things in range of your debuffs like Time's Juncture. Also with /mace you can play "ranged" if you wanted to, using Distortion Field and Web Grenade to slow things down, making them have to slog to get to you. With enough recharge you can shoot another Web Grenade before the first one wears off. I have completely "outgunned" spawns before, using this method.

Also worthy of special mention is group fly with robots. Since they are an entirely ranged set, they wont swoop into melee. Though the assualt bot may get semi close to use flamethrower, but if you want to use group fly you can simply choose not to use the upgrade power on your pets to prevent this. Some enemies such as fire lack any -fly powers, and any outstanding ranged damage. So you can hover out of reach and just let your robots mow things down. I have even afk farmed this way with robots, my healing on autocast being enough to cover what ranged damage I did take.

Hope this helps!

I would second bot/traps, but only if you put the +hp/+end in triage beacon, and can get Acid Mortar down to sub 20 seconds recharge.

If you're running tactics, you can probably go easy on the Acid Mortar double stacking, but if you don't, you're T1s need a boost somehow. the BU proc helps some as well.

The big thing about bot/traps is abusing soaking the alpha with Seeker Drones, then using Poison trap to toe bomb, right into Acid Mortar. I'd also go /mu for the resistance shield (you can easily softcap with the bots shields, FFG, and other buffs) and then just tankermind your way through +4/x8.