Peacemoon

What enemies do you find most difficult/what kills you the most?

Depends on character (AT/powers), slotting, level, etc.  Bar none my always hate "screw those guys sideways with power tools" mobs are the new praetorian IDF/Warworks robots.  Tons of debuffs and resistance to a bunch of things, plus rezzer mobs and healers.  They just suck real bad.

Large spawns of Soldiers of Rularuu or Animus Arcana are most frustrating for most of my solo builds.  Somehow I feel that a significant fraction of the "I want the game to be harder" players aren't challenging themselves against these enemies at +4/x8.

The most annoying 'classical' content for me at higher levels are the Nemesis Snipers. Their great Perception and Toxic damage can mess with the flow of an otherwise smooth mission run. They also are in the category of 'I'm not moving, you're moving" mob, so you pretty much have to get to them.

Sappers are only annoying for toons that don't build for Defense. By the time they start appearing in missions many (post IO set) builds can have have this covered... or they can spam holds... or can spam nukes. My experience has been that while Sappers have the miraculous ability to spawn behind columns and around corners, there aren't that many of them which appear in any given Malta spawn, unlike the Gunslingers. I find the Gunslingers more annoying because they also tend to stay wherever they spawned and each will eventually hit you with their special ammo.

On 5/23/2020 at 12:54 AM, ArchVileTerror said:

Entirely depends on what I'm playing.
My Masterminds tend to fall to Scrapyard Demolitionists due to those damned fire bombs that create a Burn Patch under each of my Henchpets, but are otherwise nearly immortal.  I think Malta Titans also do something similar, as I've fallen to them a couple of times too.

My Scrappers tend to get floored by Circle Spectres, Tsoo Sorcerers, and other jerks with AoE To-Hit Debuff fields.

My Dark Melee/Energy Aura Brute and Ice Melee/Ice Armour Tanker never seem to fall down, but my Energy Melee/Fiery Aura Brute is a friggin' joke.

I remember those Scrapyard Demolistionists from when I played CoV on live with my MM. They were one of the first mobs to really cause me problems. 

• Like 1

Often posting from my phone; please excuse any typos!

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Arachnos Huntsmen, who seem to have a lot of mez protection.

Freakshow Super Stunners, who have so much End drain and you have to kill them twice.

On 5/22/2020 at 11:38 PM, Heraclea said:

If people still did corner pulls and LOS breaks that might help. 

When my controller runs with a couple of blaster buddies (on x8), I do corner pulls and break LoS.

Why the controller is doing the pulling, I don't know...

Because Blasters gotta Blast.

Whereas Controllers are the more thoughtful and considerate Archetype, who plan and analyze, determining an optimal course of acti-

Oh.

The mob is dead.

And the team has moved on to the final battle.

. . . 

Crap.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Freakshow Super Stunners, who have so much End drain and you have to kill them twice.

Some characters can get away with only killing them once... they hit a PBAoE self-rez when they die, and the more targets near them, the higher their rezzed health. But if there is no one around them, they fail to rez.

On 5/22/2020 at 7:32 PM, Peacemoon said:

Just curious as to what others find lethal?

Personally for me it is Banished Pantheon ‘Sorrow’ Lieutenants and Bosses with their powerful debuffs.

Vanguard claw mobs, and melee mobs in general that do -def.
Tarantula Mistresses with Arachnos, something about them makes them lethal.   

At low levels the new and improved skull pistol and rifle users give me a headache if I’m not careful.. 

Trolls too can be tough.

Nemesis Lieutenants if you’re swarmed and kill loads by mistake. 
PPD at high level.. only fought them once but they were nasty.

Yup sorrow Lts & especially Bosses, I try my best to take them out soonest