My farming fire/kin build

Sneaky

Hey guys! I have seen a few requests about what to do for a farming fire/kin build. This is what I have come up with and I think it will work pretty good. I do not have all the sets yet and it is a work in progress. But this is my end goal. If you have any feedback then I would love to hear your opinions.

Most powers only have 5 slots due to the 6 slot bonus from the IO's being useless.

Bonfire is a great tool to have if you slot in the IO that changes knockback to knock down. Very very useful. Maybe I have an old hero designer but I couldn't actually find it to put in the build.

I do most of my farming on the old council mission or BM.

I am in no way a master with this class and if you see something stupid in my build please point it out. I appreciate all criticism. Thank you!

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Controller

Primary Power Set: Fire Control

Secondary Power Set: Kinetics

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Leadership

Power Pool: Fighting

Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Char -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Transfusion -- TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TchoftheN-Heal(3), TchoftheN-Heal/HP/Regen/Rchg(3), TchoftheN-Acc/Heal(5), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(5)

Level 2: Fire Cages -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(7), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(9), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(9)

Level 4: Super Jump -- Spr-EndRdx/Jump(A)

Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43)

Level 8: Hot Feet -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), Arm-Acc/Rchg(13), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(13)

Level 10: Siphon Speed -- TmpRdn-Acc/EndRdx(A), TmpRdn-Acc/Slow(48)

Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(15), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(15), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(17), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(17), AbsAmz-Stun(19)

Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46), RechRdx-I(46)

Level 16: Super Speed -- Qck-EndRdx/RunSpd(A)

Level 18: Cinders -- UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold(19), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(21), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(21), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(23)

Level 20: Speed Boost -- EndMod-I(A)

Level 22: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)

Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(34)

Level 26: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(40), AdjTrg-ToHit(40)

Level 28: Bonfire -- Empty(A), FrcFdb-Dmg/EndRdx/KB(29), FrcFdb-Rchg/EndRdx(29), FrcFdb-Rchg/KB(31), FrcFdb-Acc/KB(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)

Level 30: Kick -- Empty(A)

Level 32: Fire Imps -- SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(A), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SlbAll-Dmg(33), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(33)

Level 35: Transference -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(36), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(36), PrfShf-Acc/Rchg(36), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(37)

Level 38: Fulcrum Shift -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(39), Acc-I(39), RechRdx-I(39), RechRdx-I(40), RechRdx-I(50)

Level 41: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(42), Rgn-Dmg(42), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(43)

Level 44: Fire Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(45), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Ags-ResDam(45), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)

Level 47: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(48)

Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Containment

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(23), Mrc-Heal(25)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(25), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(27), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(27), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc/Rchg(34)

------------

Well,one suggestion since Inf is not an issue.If you don't mind losing Aegis set bonuses in Fire Shield I would consider loading it up with all the Resistance Procs/Uniques;

Gladiator's Armor:Teleportation Protection, +Def(All)

Steadfast Protection:Defense to Al

Impervious Skin:Resist Mez

Impervium Armor:Resist Psionic Damage

Unbreakable Guard:+Max HP

And the Aegis which you already have.

It's a farmer - there is no need for all those procs. There is no Psi damage in either farm so seems wasteful. Mez resistance... meh... with all the farming they will be doing it won't take long to tier 3 Clarion for perma mez resistance.

They are not working on a defensive build so it seems wasteful to get the +def procs - that's a lot of money to get only 6% defense when they are nowhere near the soft cap even with them.

This build is way to end heavy - If transference misses you will definitely be hurting for endurance. Throw an end reducer in hot feet as well as your other 5. Put a second end reducer in acrobatics. In tough/weave diverify your sets to include more def/end and res/end (the bonuses from the third one of each of those sets you have is meh)

Make transference 6 slots and use Efficacy Adapter instead - better bonuses.

You have grossly overslotted fulcrum shift - you have tactics so you do not need that much accuracy and there's no purpose in having it up faster than every 20 seconds which can be done with just one recharge IO - so 1 acc and 1 rech and you will be fine.

My 2 inf.

Well,one suggestion since Inf is not an issue.If you don't mind losing Aegis set bonuses in Fire Shield I would consider loading it up with all the Resistance Procs/Uniques;

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I’ll play around with the fulcrum shift slots to see what works best. I have to admit though, having FS up every mob is really nice. If I don’t like it maybe I’ll just go 3 recharge 1 accuracy.

I don’t really have endurance problems at all. I would say I’m about 75% IO’d and doing great on that “end” (ha) of the spectrum. I’ll check into some of your suggestions and see how they play with the build and bonuses I have in mind.

Thank you so much!

It's a farmer - there is no need for all those procs. There is no Psi damage in either farm so seems wasteful. Mez resistance... meh... with all the farming they will be doing it won't take long to tier 3 Clarion for perma mez resistance.

They are not working on a defensive build so it seems wasteful to get the +def procs - that's a lot of money to get only 6% defense when they are nowhere near the soft cap even with them.

This build is way to end heavy - If transference misses you will definitely be hurting for endurance. Throw an end reducer in hot feet as well as your other 5. Put a second end reducer in acrobatics. In tough/weave diverify your sets to include more def/end and res/end (the bonuses from the third one of each of those sets you have is meh)

Make transference 6 slots and use Efficacy Adapter instead - better bonuses.

You have grossly overslotted fulcrum shift - you have tactics so you do not need that much accuracy and there's no purpose in having it up faster than every 20 seconds which can be done with just one recharge IO - so 1 acc and 1 rech and you will be fine.

My 2 inf.

• 2 years later

I put this Fire/Kin arrangement together with the goal of handling +4/8 Freakshow, solo, without inspirations.

Without inspirations it takes a while, but doable. With Inspirations, progress is faster. There are some things included

(and some excluded) just because I like certain powers. Most notably, Smoke. The end result is a Fire/Kin that "I"

enjoy playing. I'm sure some will like it and some won't, but here it is:

Fire Kin with Smoke.mxd

• 2 weeks later
On 1/5/2022 at 3:10 AM, White Candle said:

I put this Fire/Kin arrangement together with the goal of handling +4/8 Freakshow, solo, without inspirations.

Without inspirations it takes a while, but doable. With Inspirations, progress is faster. There are some things included

(and some excluded) just because I like certain powers. Most notably, Smoke. The end result is a Fire/Kin that "I"

enjoy playing. I'm sure some will like it and some won't, but here it is:

Fire Kin with Smoke.mxd 4.63 kB · 13 downloads

A Fire/Kin without Flashfire and Bonfire? And no Hasten? 

Edited by Chakykia