More info when looking at contacts

4 hours ago, Snowdaze said:

Who buys SO's?

What does it matter? If the argument is "This is immersion breaking," well, more meta-information has *always* been given for quite a few characters. Since, well, before IOs were a thing and SOs were what were sold for most of a character's career.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Greycat said:

What does it matter? If the argument is "This is immersion breaking," well, more meta-information has *always* been given for quite a few characters. Since, well, before IOs were a thing and SOs were what were sold for most of a character's career.

It was a joke, kinda, but I'd say SO's themselves are significantly less immersion breaking then IO's.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

2 hours ago, Snowdaze said:

It was a joke, kinda, but I'd say SO's themselves are significantly less immersion breaking then IO's.

Is there an in unvierse explanation for what IOs are? SOs are meant to be like, actual things (which is slighltly horrifying for mutant characters I would have thought since you are then basically just grafting random shit you got off an emeny on to your body...). I normally go Magic and just lol about having to carry 97 rings and amulets (were I to use SOs).

On topic: I wouldn't be opposed to something like this. Even if its just a rough description of whether that contact has a story arc and what it involves. Level ranges could also be useful (and wouldn't beak immersion).

• Game Master

Not really "in-universe", but Issue 9 was the Breakthrough Issue where Invention was debuted.  http://web.archive.org/web/20121003093925/http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/game_updates/issue_9/issue_9_breakthrough_invention.php

-- If memory serves well lore-wise, Dr. Aeon was involved in the discovery of Inventions and Invention Origin Enhancements, plot-wise.

-- Invention Recipes are 'discovered' while in combat or as a reward for missions and Task Forces.  As such, Invention Recipes aren't sold by contacts or vendors, and why IOs aren't able to be sold to vendors in return.  (Of course, Merit Reward/Astral & Emp Merits break this rule.)

Edited by GM Tahquitz

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

On 5/25/2020 at 4:48 PM, SwitchFade said:

Reading a book, or comic, one does not know the end before the beginning. Asking to know what is in the last page first, no thanks. Very sorry, I must vote no.

You can always just read the last page first if you want to, you know.  I do.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!