Giant Monsters suggestions

As much as I would like to see the Jade Spider spawn and run around a pvp zone and have people going in to try and defeat it, potentially stirring up some activity there. My adherence to Lore prevents me from supporting the idea. As it was a "unique" ultimate weapon powered by a living psychic, and was destroyed. Hence why it's only in the Ouro "TF". But I would see merit in adding the Silos TF/SF to the weekly TF/SF rotation, so it can get more publicity.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

22 hours ago, SurfD said:

Would be neat if there was some way for the team to create "giant monster invasion" events similar to the Rikti / Nemesis invasions that happen. 

Coordinated teams can do multiple Kronos Titan spawns at the same time.  As I heard it, there were 30 something of them in Boomtown at once last week.

12 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Coordinated teams can do multiple Kronos Titan spawns at the same time.  As I heard it, there were 30 something of them in Boomtown at once last week.

o.0   How did they get it to spawn in Boomtown?  Every time I have ever seen a Kronos it spawned in Talos.  I was under the impression it always spawned in Talos because the mission that spawns the ambush had a fixed Door location.

1 hour ago, SurfD said:

o.0   How did they get it to spawn in Boomtown?  Every time I have ever seen a Kronos it spawned in Talos.  I was under the impression it always spawned in Talos because the mission that spawns the ambush had a fixed Door location.

Personally I have only ever seen it in Founders' Falls.

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

On 5/25/2020 at 2:58 PM, Snowdaze said:

Did it prevent the TF's from being completed?

Simple, neutral question.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:41 PM, SurfD said:

No. Your post was completely irrelevant.  His post had absolutely nothing to do with being unable to complete the task force, so your flippant reply had nothing to do with his post.  Therefore irrelevant.

He was posting about the issue of basically being robbed / cheated out of a reward that is part of the TF by design.  He never once mentioned anything to do with completing the TF.

And please don't be obtuse.  You know very well that Babbage's spawn is a fixed event triggered specifically by running that TF and has absolutely no possible way of actually affecting the ability to complete the TF, so even suggesting it is disingenuous on your part.

Lighten up Francis.

• Confused 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, CaptainLupis said:
2 hours ago, SurfD said:

Personally I have only ever seen it in Founders' Falls.

The mission door is in FF, and Kronos Titan will usually spawn there.

The way to alter its spawn location is for the mission owner (though I suggest the whole team does it to be on the safe side) to use Ouro or Base TP from within the mission that spawns Kronos, then exit into whatever zone you want to spawn it in. Excluding Atlas and Mercy, won't spawn there.

Used to be a video on Youtube of a Legacy player that spawned it in Steel, then dragged it to the burning building to see if the explosion would kill it.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

8 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

The mission door is in FF, and Kronos Titan will usually spawn there.

The way to alter its spawn location is for the mission owner (though I suggest the whole team does it to be on the safe side) to use Ouro or Base TP from within the mission that spawns Kronos, then exit into whatever zone you want to spawn it in. Excluding Atlas and Mercy, won't spawn there.

Used to be a video on Youtube of a Legacy player that spawned it in Steel, then dragged it to the burning building to see if the explosion would kill it.

This is correct, people also used to grief Hami raids with Kronos spawns. Though some times you can get him to help.

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

4 hours ago, Snowdaze said:

This is correct, people also used to grief Hami raids with Kronos spawns. Though some times you can get him to help.

How would you manage that?  If the Kronos can be forced to spawn in a specific zone by making it the first "valid" target for the ambush to trigger (by leaving the mission instance to a base, then using the base to port to a different zone, which triggers the ambush when you load into that zone), how would you get him into the Hive?  Closest you could get would be Eden wouldn't it? Don't think there would be any way to get him into the Hive, as it is impossible to zone directly into that area from an instance (such as a base) isn't it?

I seem to remember a Rash of weird Kronos Titan Spawns back on Live, once 1 even spawned in Cherry Hills ( the Hollows ), that was a Train Wreck. I guess I thought it was a Bug that was taken care of.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

12 hours ago, SurfD said:

How would you manage that?  If the Kronos can be forced to spawn in a specific zone by making it the first "valid" target for the ambush to trigger (by leaving the mission instance to a base, then using the base to port to a different zone, which triggers the ambush when you load into that zone), how would you get him into the Hive?  Closest you could get would be Eden wouldn't it? Don't think there would be any way to get him into the Hive, as it is impossible to zone directly into that area from an instance (such as a base) isn't it?

Have the mission owner go to base before mission completion, then take the porter to Eden, then go to the Hive and position themselves for a good Kronos spawn. Then port back to base. After all that setup, complete the mission. The mission owner exits the base via the base portal, and is returned to the Hive, because that was the last zone he was in. And the Kronos spawns in the Hive.

• Like 1

Ahhhhh.  Yeah, I suppose that would do it.  Hadn't really considered that the mission owner doesn't even have to be IN the mission to register the completion when doing it as a group, which does allow some interesting base exit related shenanigans.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:51 PM, SurfD said:

Well, there is the Seed of Hamidon in First Ward, who is pretty damn big.  The Kronos Titan I think is the largest "free roam" capable GM in the game, I think, as everything else is either immobile (Lusca, Hamidon) or restricted to instanced content (Crystal Titan, Jade Spider, etc), but at the same time the Kronos is also an Ambush that requires running a stupid long Story Arc (World Wide Red) to spawn, so it's not like it really gets much chance to actually roam or that you can encounter it frequently.

Would be neat if there was some way for the team to create "giant monster invasion" events similar to the Rikti / Nemesis invasions that happen.    Nemesis / Malta Giant Monster invasions would actually be pretty awesome, especially as the Jade Spider is a GM that a huge chunk of the playerbase probably doesn't even know exists since it only appears in the Mender Silos Task force.

It really is a damn shame that First Ward is so often deserted. The arcs are very well done and the enemies much more interesting than Even More Freakshow and Even More Sky Raiders for the level range.