Epic Pools

Tankshock

Fire Cages surrounds like 10 mobs in flame, drops them out of fly, immobilizes, damages... what more do you want?  it's just part of my rotation now.

Char when you just gotta hold a mob.

Warmth is an extra heal.

The melee power in slot 2 isn't something I would ever take, nor the slot 4 PBAOE.

Fire Cages surrounds like 10 mobs in flame, drops them out of fly, immobilizes, damages... what more do you want?  it's just part of my rotation now.

Warmth is an extra heal.

The melee power in slot 2 isn't something I would ever take, nor the slot 4 PBAOE.

The melee power can be worthwhile as a set mule if you're trying to stack certain bonuses (like the +5% s/l defense from Superior Blistering Cold). Granted you could slot that in Boxing or Brawl but the APP power would actually hit fairly hard if slotted with the Superior Blistering Cold set, giving you a worthwhile attack for those cases where you find yourself unavoidably in melee. Obviously you only do this if your build leaves you with some free power choices.

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

The melee power can be worthwhile as a set mule if you're trying to stack certain bonuses (like the +5% s/l defense from Superior Blistering Cold). Granted you could slot that in Boxing or Brawl but the APP power would actually hit fairly hard if slotted with the Superior Blistering Cold set, giving you a worthwhile attack for those cases where you find yourself unavoidably in melee. Obviously you only do this if your build leaves you with some free power choices.

Yeah, I am sure there are pros and cons and niches for every power.  My personal tactics, backed up by the listed Fire Cages, don't leave me in many unavoidable melee situations, and my Regen secondary leaves me with a mindset to always have an escape plan.  A Super Reflexes might have no fear of melee, and be happy to pop the PBAOE and melee powers while having no use for the AoE control power.

Has anyone found a useful power in the Epic/Ancillarys pools?  It's almost as though they were designed meek to counter the early power curve of Sentinels.

I have found a few very useful powers in the Epic Pools:

Dark/Soul: Darkest Night

Electricity: Lightning Field for Sappers and a team heal is interesting on this class

But the most interesting is Psionic: Mass Hypnosis, Psychic Shockwave, and Link Minds

Warmth is an extra heal.

Something defensive: Heal, Armor, etc.  A resistance debuff. 

I really don't need anything that causes damage at that point.  I guess Immobilize mildly useful, but it really pales in synergy compared to pretty much any other AT.