r0y

Simple macro to mail yourself Inf across your characters...

how can i use this for empyrean merits...i saw earlier in the thread a possible way but i tried it and it did not work for me ...

No lie. 100,000,000 INF to the person who figures out how to make this work for those of us who's global handle uses space(s) in our names

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chrome said:

how can i use this for empyrean merits...i saw earlier in the thread a possible way but i tried it and it did not work for me ...

You'll have to try how I explained. Simplest way is to start by selling all your salvage in order to have less of it cluttering the salvage window, and then try adding one number at a time.

So lets say I have sold everything but have incarnate salvage and whatever totaling six separate items.

/emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 1 "HAX"

Didn't work?

/emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 2 "HAX"

Still didn't work?

/emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 3 "HAX"

If by the time I have reached /emailsendattachment @sovera "Emp" 0 11 7 "HAX" it still has not worked something else needs to be tried, but start with that.

1 hour ago, Mystic Fortune said:

No lie. 100,000,000 INF to the person who figures out how to make this work for those of us who's global handle uses space(s) in our names

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if _ and " or a combo of both together did not work then it's not going to work. It's clunky old coding. Same way I use the text file to introduce my name and password and only need to click on accept to log in, but was unable to make it accept a space in my password and had to change my password for one without a space.

@sovera in Everlasting - I love teaming up so hit me up.

Simple guide for newcomers, money making included amongst other things

On 6/6/2020 at 1:05 AM, Mystic Fortune said:

I ended up changing my global to remove the space.

end of headache.

• Thanks 1

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Low Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500, enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

On 5/31/2020 at 9:48 PM, EmmySky said:

Ok this is genius!  I have a bind to in select powers that also does the /e tantrum emote....which also now sends 25m to myself in email..hell r0y I may just send you a thank you gift for saving me so much time!

*GROUSE*GROUSE*GROUSE*

"What's wrong?"
"My damn kid in college!  He's bankrupting me!"

*GROUSE*GROUSE*GROUSE*

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 6/9/2020 at 6:20 AM, CaptainAmazing said:

I ended up changing my global to remove the space.

end of headache.

That's not an option for me. I already used my one global name change to correct the mistake of not recreating my namesake as my first character on Homecoming.

• Sad 1

On 6/5/2020 at 6:30 PM, Sovera said:

Same way I use the text file to introduce my name and password and only need to click on accept to log in,

Can you elaborate on this?  I'd love to do that!

2 minutes ago, r0y said:

Can you elaborate on this?  I'd love to do that!

@sovera in Everlasting - I love teaming up so hit me up.

Simple guide for newcomers, money making included amongst other things

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Sovera said:

Awesome!  Thank you!

Edited by r0y

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 5:05 PM, Mystic Fortune said:

Assuming your global is "Mystic Fortune" I just sent you an email with the Macro in Game from @eclipse. 

/emailsendattachement "@Mystic Fortune" "Testing Macro" 1 0 0 "testing"

Edit: Welp, never mind. The above doesn't error, and takes out the inf... it also doesn't send the message, though.

Edit2: CoH uses `gmailxactrequest` for sending emails (and chat messages?). Seems like it is _actually_ gmail based!? but I can't find anything about that library.

Things that don't work:
single quotes, double quotes, explicitly set commas, explicitly setting `handle=`, triple single quotes, Triple doublequotes,  , /s. escaped quotes, `escapeString()`

It might not be doable due to actually doing proper string validation...but we shall see.

Clearly it is _possible_ somewhere in the backend because character items can go to people. Fairly certain I found the code that does that. 

(mail->from && from)?from->name:"System Mail"

But IDK if it can be reimplemented in game.

Edited by Eclipse.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:37 PM, Eclipse. said:

Seems like it is _actually_ gmail based!?

I'm going out on a limb, but I think the "g" might stand for "global"  (not sure how popular gmail was in 2004).

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, r0y said:

I'm going out on a limb, but I think the "g" might stand for "global"  (not sure how popular gmail was in 2004).

that....is a really good point. IIRC by late 2004 Gmail was VERY popular shortly after it came out because it offered something like 100x the storage space of most other free emails of the era.

Still, you're very probably right about it being global since dev work started far prior to release of gmail.

Edited by Eclipse.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:17 AM, Techno said:

I thought I could use this to send emp merits via email quickly, I changed some of the parameters around to this..

/macro "EMP" emailsendattachment @techno "Emp" 0 11 49 "HAX"

I got it to work on my alt, but then i tried it on another and it didnt. 11 is the salvage parameter and 49 is the location, i guess this changes on each alt depending on what salvage they have,

this works, yes, but the 49 changes, either from logging out on the alt you're on, or changing to another. so here's what i found through some trial and error (and with @tig's help on discord

1) clear out any crafting salvage you're carrying, it'll really help when doing this.

2) convert any reward merits to hero merits first. than use the macro after. your mailbox has limits. it's around 200 items i think.

3) keep your combat tab, salvage window, and mail window visible, so you can see error msgs in the combat, or the merits counting down from successful sends.

4) when editing, only backspace, so your line 0 11 49 is changed to remove the space and 49 only, "Hax" is just what goes in the body of the msg, so customize that if you want. if you have to swap alts becaus of full inbox, start at 0 and begin again.

5) before trying the macro, right click it to look for &nbsp that should not be in the macro, the first pic whos the weirdness, the 2nd shows the normal macro. if you see $nbsp, you will get an error msg, this is bad. no error msg is good. seeing the merit(s) countdown is ideal. if the error comes up, edit the macro,  remove the space between 11 and the last number, then tap spacebar to put one back in.

6) where 49 goes, start from 0 (zero) and go up in increments, until you see the merits counting down and appearing in your mail inbox.

7) this won't work on non transferable items.

image.png.e6b39fa619edfd7524a8cad482aab6ab.png

image.png.7829982bdd61ad88053df9f590b8532a.png

Edited by twospirited
correcting some errors