Good powerset combo's

Narosian

how good or bad is radiation melee, its something i like the look of but I dont see anyone playing it. just wondered if its really bad

It's new so I don't think there has been a lot of use quite yet. Looking at just the numbers with no in game context or experience, it appears to be pretty awesome. I can't promise that though.

I tried a few new combos that so far I am loving:

DM/Bio, Siphon Life does wonders for survivability on Offensive Adaptation and that extra dmg makes me silly giggle when I use Soul Drain.

Savage/Nin, so far is awesome. Was soon as I take him to lvl 35 will add one of the blasts to the single attack chain, doubting with Soul Mastery and two ST attacks (dark blast and insta-snipe) that also debuff foes ToHit, Darkness Mastery for a ST attack and a cone attack that also debuff foes ToHit or Blaze Mastery with a ST attack and more AoE goodness (Fire Blast and Fire Ball) that also debuff foes HP with a feast of orange numbers.

Loving these two, next one in my list to try is Ice/DA

Im tempted to do something with Ice purely on the basis of never having seen it done.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

• 2 years later
6 hours ago, Elia87 said:

Should i make WM/DM or Kat/DM scrapper? Which deals more dmg?

They'd both be fun and powerful.  Probably the WM/DA.  I just leveled a Fire/DA, and the lack of taunt aura is unbelievably frustrating on an armor set with a damage aura.  You always have runners, and I find myself wanting to punch my monitor.

• Haha 1

Currently dm/sd all IO out and t4 all the way and what can we say DM/SD rocks and Dark Melee is better in aoe with the Shadow Maul change  I use TOF as while it is was an ok change

My new favorite Katana pairing is /Rad in fact /rad is a fun secondary I got a fire/rad also to 50 but much prefer my Katana/rad and retired the fire/rad.  Very tanky did a solo ITF with only IO's and I think I had the alpha slotted at like t2 and nothing else was quite fun.

Made a farmer he just farms for money and AE Tickets good old Titian Weapons/Bio armor nothing special sitting at 50 only runs ae content

In flight Mace/Will Power I will say mace just rocks and hits hard currently at level 38

In flight Ice/SD with the ice patch change it is kind of fun to stand in the middle and watch things flop while you beat on it very controller felling just got level 29 today I will say ice needs some changes to Greater Ice Sword and one other early attack to help it's damage yes I know I could go cross punch for better results decided to punish my self with greater ice sword instead.

Those are my scrapper pairings at this time

Edited by hejtmane
  • Thanks 1

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

13 hours ago, Elia87 said:

Should i make WM/DM or Kat/DM scrapper? Which deals more dmg?

I go /Rad over dark on the primaries both work the best way to describe War Mace it feels crunchy where Katana feels smooth and flowly

Edited by hejtmane

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

1 hour ago, Cold Hard Cash said:

In looking to build a DB/Rad build. But when I Look at mids to build it...it's survival seems kinda low. Any thoughts to this?

Soft cap smash/lethal defense with powers and IO's; a decent amount of recharge and just set Particle Shielding to Auto click that way you always have the absorb and + regen use Radation Therapy as a heal and -regen on AV's. Also remember Beta decay does - to hit on enemies to help

AT 50 with IO's and a few accolades I have 45.56% s/l defense when  Particle shielding is active I have 38.11 hp/sec which is all but about 2-3 second gap from perma and I am capped at 75% S/L resistance and high resistance most other things

my Katnaa/Rad is probably my tankiest build and can survive the most situations

Edited by hejtmane

4 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Maybe I'm missing it in the Patch Notes?

Shadow maul on scrapper was capped at 5 targets from a previous 15 that was nerfed and they added more aoe by adding some to  tof and it is ok I use it but nothing along the buff shadow maul got initially

3 minutes ago, hejtmane said:

Shadow maul on scrapper was capped at 5 targets from a previous 15 that was nerfed and they added more aoe by adding some to  tof and it is ok I use it but nothing along the buff shadow maul got initially

Not seeing that in the most recent patch notes. Seeing something like that for Tankers in the April 20th patch notes in regards to Tankers.

Can you link?

6 hours ago, hejtmane said:

Soft cap smash/lethal defense with powers and IO's; a decent amount of recharge and just set Particle Shielding to Auto click that way you always have the absorb and + regen use Radation Therapy as a heal and -regen on AV's. Also remember Beta decay does - to hit on enemies to help

AT 50 with IO's and a few accolades I have 45.56% s/l defense when  Particle shielding is active I have 38.11 hp/sec which is all but about 2-3 second gap from perma and I am capped at 75% S/L resistance and high resistance most other things

my Katnaa/Rad is probably my tankiest build and can survive the most situations

Ok that sounds amazing. But that would mean I would have to give up alot of atack powers right? And those Defense/resistance numbers seem really high. I must have missed something in my power selections.

3 hours ago, Cold Hard Cash said:

Ok that sounds amazing. But that would mean I would have to give up alot of atack powers right? And those Defense/resistance numbers seem really high. I must have missed something in my power selections.

Not at all I use Flashing Steel at low levels and for when i side kick and gives some extra aoe attack and have Divine Avalanche as while for when i need the extra defense boost here is my current build attaching the mxd  katana-rad.mxd

Note the build has hover for Hami Raids so there is some flexibility on the build and the second slot in combat jumping is for the +10% regen so you have some slots and power options

Edited by hejtmane

19 hours ago, hejtmane said:

Not at all I use Flashing Steel at low levels and for when i side kick and gives some extra aoe attack and have Divine Avalanche as while for when i need the extra defense boost here is my current build attaching the mxd  katana-rad.mxd

Note the build has hover for Hami Raids so there is some flexibility on the build and the second slot in combat jumping is for the +10% regen so you have some slots and power options

Very nice build. But what of DB? It has all these chain combo skills that it appears you need to take. Curious which i can give up for all those defensive/secondary powers?

2 hours ago, Cold Hard Cash said:

Very nice build. But what of DB? It has all these chain combo skills that it appears you need to take. Curious which i can give up for all those defensive/secondary powers?

On DB the only combo that matters is attack vitals unless you are pushing for the top attack chain and you need about 300% global recharge i think for gapless  if you are not shooting for that the next best Single Target attack chain you can run is attack vitals  and of course you want blinding feint.  I personally take  typhoon's edge for early aoe while leveling and IO slotting  note I do side kick down on all my toons  so hence Typhoon and that is from my experiences on live with two DB's not done DB on home coming at this time.

One Thousands Cuts and Nimble skip so you have 6 attacks forget about all the other combos they are not worth your time or effort

Power Slice

Albating

Typhoon's

Blinding feint (a must)

Vengeful Slice

Sweeping Strike (your best attack)

here is the attack vitals chain

ablating
vengeful slice
sweeping

42 minutes ago, hejtmane said:

On DB the only combo that matters is attack vitals unless you are pushing for the top attack chain and you need about 300% global recharge i think for gapless  if you are not shooting for that the next best Single Target attack chain you can run is attack vitals  and of course you want blinding feint.  I personally take  typhoon's edge for early aoe while leveling and IO slotting  note I do side kick down on all my toons  so hence Typhoon and that is from my experiences on live with two DB's not done DB on home coming at this time.

One Thousands Cuts and Nimble skip so you have 6 attacks forget about all the other combos they are not worth your time or effort

Power Slice

Albating

Typhoon's

Blinding feint (a must)

Vengeful Slice

Sweeping Strike (your best attack)

here is the attack vitals chain

ablating
vengeful slice
sweeping

Excellent! Thank you for your info on this build. This will help a ton in my beginning stage experimentation. I want to try out some secondary powrs ive never tried. So hopefully i can figure out a way but keep all the powers i need. What i'd like to do is sub out the Fighting line with Force of will. It's always bothered me that i have to sacrifice a power set to just take 3 powers (wasting a power by taking boxing/kick). Sadly i know how important it is to take tough and weave for any melee.

Edited by Cold Hard Cash

5 hours ago, Cold Hard Cash said:

Excellent! Thank you for your info on this build. This will help a ton in my beginning stage experimentation. I want to try out some secondary powrs ive never tried. So hopefully i can figure out a way but keep all the powers i need. What i'd like to do is sub out the Fighting line with Force of will. It's always bothered me that i have to sacrifice a power set to just take 3 powers (wasting a power by taking boxing/kick). Sadly i know how important it is to take tough and weave for any melee.

On DB/Rad I think force of will is a waste remember you should be putting the achilies proc in albating for chance of -res and radiation therpay does -reg for AV's and you can also put an achilies proc  in Beta decay so a total waste of a power when you already have built in mitigation in your attack chain and powers . Force slows your attack chain down losing major dps for something that you can do without skipping a beat

Edited by hejtmane

On 8/7/2021 at 11:09 PM, Elia87 said:

Thing is I heard great things about /dark..but katana I heard mixed opinions..now Wm/sd I heard that is a strong and solid set

Katana is an obsolete set to nowadays standards, it deals sustained dps but War Mace is much much much better in all accounts since sustained dps won't take you anywhere on a team, things die fast and katana does not kill fast. Katana chars are just a matter of concept but it's definitely one of the worst scrapper primaries nowadays and needs a  serious revamp imho.

• Haha 1

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

4 minutes ago, Nightmarer said:

Katana is an obsolete set to nowadays standards, it deals sustained dps but War Mace is much much much better in all accounts since sustained dps won't take you anywhere on a team, things die fast and katana does not kill fast. Katana chars are just a matter of concept but it's definitely one of the worst scrapper primaries nowadays and needs a  serious revamp imho.

Counterpoint: WM doesn't add a huge chunk of mitigation as Katana does with Divine Avalanche.

That said, I absolutely love both the ST and AoE damage output of my wm/bio scrapper. That little lady and her magic pipe wrench can #$*& some #$*& up. Long as she can survive doin it.