Good powerset combo's

Narosian

4 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Counterpoint: WM doesn't add a huge chunk of mitigation as Katana does with Divine Avalanche.

That said, I absolutely love both the ST and AoE damage output of my wm/bio scrapper. That little lady and her magic pipe wrench can #$*& some #$*& up. Long as she can survive doin it.

I'd say KD is a much better mitigation than lethal / melee def especially if you have to spam DA resulting in a big DPS loss. DA won't help you much in the endgame either where most dmg is nrg and a big chunk of it is ranged.

• Like 1

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

26 minutes ago, Nightmarer said:

I'd say KD is a much better mitigation than lethal / melee def especially if you have to spam DA resulting in a big DPS loss. DA won't help you much in the endgame either where most dmg is nrg and a big chunk of it is ranged.

I'm trying and failing to come up with a single example of where incoming ranged damage ever comes close to incoming melee damage.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, if you're ever already softcapped to melee and/or lethal then DA is a complete waste and its use DOES decrease ST damage output.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Counterpoint: WM doesn't add a huge chunk of mitigation as Katana does with Divine Avalanche.

That said, I absolutely love both the ST and AoE damage output of my wm/bio scrapper. That little lady and her magic pipe wrench can #$*& some #$*& up. Long as she can survive doin it.

That is why I was suggested to go /shield for extra survivability..

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Nightmarer said:

Katana is an obsolete set to nowadays standards, it deals sustained dps but War Mace is much much much better in all accounts since sustained dps won't take you anywhere on a team, things die fast and katana does not kill fast. Katana chars are just a matter of concept but it's definitely one of the worst scrapper primaries nowadays and needs a  serious revamp imho.

Right now most sets are obsolete compared to a handful of sets but the same is true on secondary sets as while but it is what it is and you have to make those decisions based on are you all right with it and my answer is yes because Katana is cool.

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

On 8/8/2021 at 2:53 AM, Elia87 said:

Is dark melee that strong? I thought It was nerfed with last update..

Hers the link to the change of DM where Shadow maul was reduced from 10 to 5 and tof aoe added it was Nov24th the previous Shadow maul update was a buff with animation change, cone bigger and damage change

here is the initial buff to Shadow Maul

• Shadow Maul (Tanker, Scrapper, Brute, Stalker) is now a much larger, faster cone that's actually capable of easily hitting multiple targets - especially on tanks!
    • Arc increased from 45 to 120 degrees
    • Recharge increased from 8 to 11 seconds
    • Cast Time reduced from 3.07 to 2.35 seconds
    • Damage lowered from scale 2.156 to 1.6184
      • DPS reduction is minor, it has only been lowered from scale 0.653 to scale 0.645
    • Target Cap increased from 10 to 16 for Tankers
    • Target Cap increased from 5 to 10 for Scrappers, Brutes and Stalkers
  • Dark Melee was under-performing in the AoE department. The aim of this change is to increase the AoE potential of the set whilst having minimal impact on the single target potential.

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA

13 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm trying and failing to come up with a single example of where incoming ranged damage ever comes close to incoming melee damage.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, if you're ever already softcapped to melee and/or lethal then DA is a complete waste and its use DOES decrease ST damage output.

Even better example then, KD is as good dmg mitigation in melee as DA or maybe better, especially nowadays where pretty much every melee char is softcapped plus, if at early levels and still far from softcap, KD should be a more effective mitigation than DA.

Since DA was brought as a major feature by someone, I don't think it makes Katana a good or even a decent set. Same goes for BS although BS maybe has an upper end to nowadays dmg standards because it brings a bigger burst. All in all, sets like Katana, Broad Sword and Claws are obsolete and in need of some sort of updating.

My 2c

Being chased by a wasp is the most complete sport practice!

On 8/10/2021 at 11:36 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Does Melee AoE get classified as Melee or AoE or both?

I agree that straight up single target ranged is pretty low... just a couple Crey or CoT standing off to the side throwing bolts.

Melee would be anyone who can reach you trying to punch/stab/etc.

But then there's all the AoE from melee and ranged, direct and splash damage, coming in from all over.

...What was the original discussion? 😆

11 hours ago, hejtmane said:

Shadow Maul (Tanker, Scrapper, Brute, Stalker) is now a much larger, faster cone that's actually capable of easily hitting multiple targets - especially on tanks!

• Arc increased from 45 to 120 degrees

And don't Tanks have a boost on top of that, to 180 degrees or something?  On my DM tank I don't have to stress about picking a target in the center because the arc's so wide it'll hit everything regardless. 

10 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I don't know where you heard mixed opinions. Katana is one of the best Scrapper primaries.

I asked in the /help channel on Excelsior..I rolled a wm/shield,47  atm..can't wait to use him! I wanted to lvl up dm/sd too, but I wasn't sure if it was worth it 

On 4/26/2019 at 11:39 AM, Narosian said:

So it has been a long time, can any fill me in on some of the best power sets for the scrapper?

what makes something "best"?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

16 hours ago, Nightmarer said:

Even better example then, KD is as good dmg mitigation in melee as DA or maybe better, especially nowadays where pretty much every melee char is softcapped plus, if at early levels and still far from softcap, KD should be a more effective mitigation than DA.

Since DA was brought as a major feature by someone, I don't think it makes Katana a good or even a decent set. Same goes for BS although BS maybe has an upper end to nowadays dmg standards because it brings a bigger burst. All in all, sets like Katana, Broad Sword and Claws are obsolete and in need of some sort of updating.

My 2c

No arguments from me about knock up, knock down, disorient etc. I hate knock back on melee with a passion but yes they are some great mitigation. In fact I am running and ice/sd and i swear I am half controller with the ice patch change to cast time I able to stand in the middle of mob packs while they flop around

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

what makes something "best"?

For real. This answer varies person to person. But I'd personally have to say Claws. It has a wild amount of CC and DPS. I used to main a claws/regen and I absolutely know other primaries would have faceplanted a LOT more.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

For real. This answer varies person to person. But I'd personally have to say Claws. It has a wild amount of CC and DPS. I used to main a claws/regen and I absolutely know other primaries would have faceplanted a LOT more.

Claws isn't the best at ST or AoE damage... it's just the best at being wondrously balanced between the two while also dishing out the glorious soft control of KD from focus and shockwave once you give up that slot in SW for a KB->KD.

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

It'll be unkillable and brutal since shield charge will help out with DM's usually weak AoE output.

Soul Drain is actually pretty decent AOE too. Get in the mob, let a tick of AoO go off, pop soul drain then Shield Charge. I've got a DM/BIO/FB scrapper I LOVE and it doesn't do bad AOE. I imagine a DM/SD/FB scrapper would do really well too.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Soul Drain is actually pretty decent AOE too. Get in the mob, let a tick of AoO go off, pop soul drain then Shield Charge. I've got a DM/BIO/FB scrapper I LOVE and it doesn't do bad AOE. I imagine a DM/SD/FB scrapper would do really well too.

Level 26: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(27), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(27), Obl-%Dam(29), Erd-%Dam(29), RechRdx-I(31)

This is some superbly amazing slotting for soul drain btw. You just have to finagle a shield defense build that can function without needing set bonuses in the power, and also hit 110% global recharge. At 130% global recharge Soul Drain is <2 seconds off perma with this slotting, the additional 20% is from sg base buff. Forcefeedback proc in Shield Charge and Ageless Destiny can get you a bit more. Then you get Soul Drain with a 90% chance for 2 dmg procs, Knockdown, Gaussian proc, and Fury -20% res proc. With a fully saturated AAO this puts you at the damage cap during Gaussians, and the fury of the gladiator further boosts your next few attacks - Shield Charge and Midnight Grasp hit hard

Edited by DreadShinobi
  • Thanks 1

Currently on fire.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:08 PM, DreadShinobi said:

Level 26: Soul Drain -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(27), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(27), Obl-%Dam(29), Erd-%Dam(29), RechRdx-I(31)

This is some superbly amazing slotting for soul drain btw. You just have to finagle a shield defense build that can function without needing set bonuses in the power, and also hit 110% global recharge. At 130% global recharge Soul Drain is <2 seconds off perma with this slotting, the additional 20% is from sg base buff. Forcefeedback proc in Shield Charge and Ageless Destiny can get you a bit more. Then you get Soul Drain with a 90% chance for 2 dmg procs, Knockdown, Gaussian proc, and Fury -20% res proc. With a fully saturated AAO this puts you at the damage cap during Gaussians, and the fury of the gladiator further boosts your next few attacks - Shield Charge and Midnight Grasp hit hard

I have no idea how to build this dm/SD scrapper..any builds you can share? Like you said  i want also to wreck stuff XD

1 hour ago, Elia87 said:

I have no idea how to build this dm/SD scrapper..any builds you can share? Like you said  i want also to wreck stuff XD

Entire threads with different builds and discussions

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Elia87 said:

Thank you Hejtmane! I saw that thread but too many to look at..no idea which one is the ideal x.x got me more confused 

Depends I build for a slight y more robust build and some build for dps and some in between. I look at the newer builds since the changes to Shadow Maul and TOF

Edited by hejtmane
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hejtmane said:

Depends I build for a slight y more robust build and some build for dps and some in between. I look at the newer builds since the changes to Shadow Maul and TOF

But none of them seem appealing..maybe its just me🤔🤔