Dark Armor vs Engy Armor

Washuchan

On 6/17/2020 at 7:51 AM, Sailboat said:

I slotted the Power Transfer chance to heal self into a Scrapper's Energy Drain and so far I haven't seen any effect from it.  Am I doing it wrong or is my sample size too small?   Should I move the slot to Stamina instead?

Yes.  PT's proc is lousy in an actual power, in my experience.  Contrary to what @Frostweaver experienced, most people get the "oh... that it?" response to it in their powers.  Maybe at one point it proc'd off multiple hits (like the sleep proc used to), but as far as I know both +heal procs were changed to go off only once in an AoE.  Therefore, the folks that do math experimented and it turned out that PT proc in stamina was the best use of it (esp. for high base-hp toons).

3 hours ago, r0y said:

Yes.  PT's proc is lousy in an actual power, in my experience.  Contrary to what @Frostweaver experienced, most people get the "oh... that it?" response to it in their powers.  Maybe at one point it proc'd off multiple hits (like the sleep proc used to), but as far as I know both +heal procs were changed to go off only once in an AoE.  Therefore, the folks that do math experimented and it turned out that PT proc in stamina was the best use of it (esp. for high base-hp toons).

Thanks, that seems to align with what I've experienced.

As I understand it, the PT proc has a 50% chance to go off every 10 seconds in an a passive power like stamina. The more passives you put it in, the more chances you gave of it going off with 4 passives being around 97% proc chance every 10 seconds.

Slotting it in attacks gives it a separate chance to proc though if it procs from a passive at the same time as you attack can override the attack's proc.