Ice/Bio

aethereal

50 minutes ago, Microcosm said:

The return on investment on Sandman in a toggle is realllly low. I tried it for a while and found it fairly useless.

I totally believe that.  I just don't really know what else to put in the default slot for gen corruption.

I was tinkering with an old Ice/Bio I made. I was still working on frankenslotting Frost for minimum ACC, max damage, as much endurance, recharge and range as possible, but then my attention wandered and I never finished it. There are three slots free to use where ever.

I just bring it up to mention that Genetic Corruption on a Stalker does not enchant me, but, it makes for a great mule as four Lethargic Repose bring some much needed SL and NE defenses. The heal proc I can honestly say I am unsure if it does anything. the occasional 50 HP is nice, but I doubt it changed any outcomes.

I have another version where I ditched Physical Perfection (Bio swims in endurance 90% of the time anyway, and there's the Recovery Serum for the long fights against a single target) and Genetic Corruption and simply picked Zapp and Ball Lightning for moar AoE (MOARRRRR!). While Zapp is not used in a regular rotation due to not accruing stacks for AS it serves perfectly for missions where we open with Icy, use AS, proc Hide, and now what do we use while in Hide? Ice Sword? Zapp, that's what.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Stalker
Primary Power Set: Ice Melee
Secondary Power Set: Bio Armor
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Ice Sword -- GldStr-Acc/Dmg(A), Hct-Dmg(3), ImpSwf-Dam%(3), TchofDth-Dam%(5), Mk'Bit-Dam%(5), GldStr-%Dam(39)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Frost -- Range-I(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Dtn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rng(7), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(9), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(9), Ann-ResDeb%(11)
Level 4: Hardened Carapace -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(15), UnbGrd-Max HP%(15), UnbGrd-ResDam(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(17), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 6: Assassin's Ice Sword -- SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(19), TchofDth-Dam%(21), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(23)
Level 8: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 10: Environmental Modification -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx(25)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 14: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), RechRdx-I(27), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 16: Adaptation
Level 18: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 20: Ablative Carapace -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(31), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg(33), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(33), Prv-Absorb%(34)
Level 22: Afterburner -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Boundless Energy -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(34)
Level 26: Freezing Touch -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(34), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Hct-Acc/Rchg(36), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(36), UnbCns-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37), Rct-Def(37)
Level 30: DNA Siphon -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 32: Frozen Aura -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Arm-Acc/Rchg(42), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(42)
Level 35: Genetic Corruption -- CaloftheS-Heal%(A), LthRps-Acc/Rchg(43), LthRps-EndRdx/Sleep(43), LthRps-Acc/EndRdx(43), LthRps-Sleep/Rng(45)
Level 38: Kick -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Tough -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(46), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), RctArm-ResDam(46)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(48), Rct-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 49: Ice Patch -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Assassination
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 44: Defensive Adaptation
Level 44: Efficient Adaptation
Level 44: Offensive Adaptation
Level 0: High Pain Threshold
Level 0: Invader
Level 0: Marshal
Level 0: Born In Battle
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon
------------

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Does anyone know the numbers for Genetic Corryption?  The detailed info is literally completely blank.

To answer my own question, per the JSON powers data that someone on the forums created:

It's a 66% chance of mag 2.0 sleep, auto-hit, for 7.5 seconds, that grows to an 85% chance with offensive adaptation

30% regen if in efficient adaptation (no regen bonus in other adaptations)

-11.25% to strength of all damage, auto-hit, growing to -14.96% with defensive adaptation

Edited by aethereal
Answered question

So Genetic Corruption seems pretty solid to me.  If your resistance to S/L is 75%, then it's the equivalent of an additional 2.5% or so resistance, and much more than that to your less-resisted damage types (assuming that your opponents are in range of it).  And with Freezing Aura, the sleep effect is pretty noticeable.  I'm actually thinking of just going ahead and enhancing it with a 50+5 sleep IO to increase mitigation/chances of overlap with freezing aura.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:16 AM, aethereal said:

So Genetic Corruption seems pretty solid to me.  If your resistance to S/L is 75%, then it's the equivalent of an additional 2.5% or so resistance, and much more than that to your less-resisted damage types (assuming that your opponents are in range of it).  And with Freezing Aura, the sleep effect is pretty noticeable.  I'm actually thinking of just going ahead and enhancing it with a 50+5 sleep IO to increase mitigation/chances of overlap with freezing aura.

The t8 in bio for any of the AT's isn't that amazing, but I'd take the damage aura version myself if it were possible.

I dropped it very fast on my sav/bio. That build does too much aoe and dot for a sleep to be of much use. An 8ft low value -dam toggle wasn't a priority pick for that build.

that said, ice/bio can get some synergy out of the stacking sleeps. Definitely worth giving it a try.

Keep in mind it only pulses every 4 seconds so there is a chance your frozen aura will be breaking the sleep of genetic corruption just as easily as it may be stacking with it.

• 8 months later

Glad it is going well, HO's would probably give you more bang for your buck in Frost.   Really excited about the proposed changes to Ice Patch's animation time, working on a Ice/Fire and Ice/Rad right now.  Stay Frosty!

Edited by Sgt. Terminus