Jump to content

Does Maneuvers Stack?


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, JJDrakken said:

All powers from different sources stack with other sources.

 

In general, a safe concept to go with.

 

There are some exceptions: most IOs that cause a -Res debuff do not stack from different sources. I'm not sure about other types of debuffing like -ToHit or -Recovery from the IOs.

Incarnate Interface (not that the OP is close to that now) stack up to a limited amount (I think 4 or 5 stacks for most debuffs).

The Sentinel inherent does not stack.

 

I don't recall other examples, but I would be surprised if there aren't others that I'm forgetting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Coyote said:

 

In general, a safe concept to go with.

 

There are some exceptions: most IOs that cause a -Res debuff do not stack from different sources. I'm not sure about other types of debuffing like -ToHit or -Recovery from the IOs.

Incarnate Interface (not that the OP is close to that now) stack up to a limited amount (I think 4 or 5 stacks for most debuffs).

The Sentinel inherent does not stack.

 

I don't recall other examples, but I would be surprised if there aren't others that I'm forgetting.

Tanker Bruising (now gone) didn't stack as well.  But most buffs & debuffs in CoX stack.  That is really one of the defining differences between this game & most others - that & the fact that most buffs & debuffs aren't so miniscule as to almost not matter at all.  And with stacking, even small buffs & debuffs can add up to something quite significant.  This is City of Buffers/Debuffers - & I am happy to be in it! 😎

  • Like 1

Keep Redside Alive!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coyote said:

There are some exceptions: most IOs that cause a -Res debuff do not stack from different sources.

Actually, that's incorrect (technically).

What's happening with those is that IO proc is causing the $Target to cast the effect onto themself which is why it doesn't stack from PCs.  If more than one of those IOs (of the same kind) proc then it causes the $Target to recast the effect onto themself, which then runs afoul of the "does not stack from same caster" rule which is why the effect "overwrites" to extend the duration rather than stacking so that you've 2x the effect for a portion of the duration.

 

So the rule is still good.  You just have to understand that for some effects it's not YOU casting the effect upon them for a debuff, but rather THEM being forced to cast the effect upon themselves(!) for the debuff ... and that the "does not stack from same caster" rule still applies.

1 hour ago, Mister Mass said:

Tanker Bruising (now gone) didn't stack as well.

That's because Tanker Bruising (now removed) operated using the same "force them to cast the debuff on themselves" programming to enforce the effect.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Actually, that's incorrect (technically).

What's happening with those is that IO proc is causing the $Target to cast the effect onto themself which is why it doesn't stack from PCs.  If more than one of those IOs (of the same kind) proc then it causes the $Target to recast the effect onto themself, which then runs afoul of the "does not stack from same caster" rule which is why the effect "overwrites" to extend the duration rather than stacking so that you've 2x the effect for a portion of the duration.

 

Are you sure this is still the case? I know this is how it was originally implemented, but I thought I read something on the forums here about some effects like Brusing and Achilles Heel having been "fixed" so that they're no longer using the kludgy "grantself power" ability. And I recall testing after reading that, and seeing that the Achilles Heel debuff was 18% on a +1 target... if the target were casting it upon themselves, then the level shouldn't matter and it should always be a 20% debuff. So, seeing the decreased debuff made me think that I understood correctly, and that the powers are now treated as being cast by the user rather than by the target, but somehow prevented from being stacked from different sources. I recall finding it annoying because it meant that slotting AH into Mercenaries would have a very diminished effect upon most targets.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Natti said:

If multiple Team members all have maneuvers does it stack?

Maneuvers, Assault and Tactics all stack.  And teams that start doing this get all sorts of powerful even if it's just made up of AT's that get the lowest buff benefits from them, such as 8 Scrappers.  The only one I'm not sure about is Victory Rush.  No personal experience and can't go in game or to Mids' currently, but I'm sure someone will pop in and say Y/N.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Natti said:

If multiple Team members all have maneuvers does it stack?

Not only does Maneuvers (and all the leadership toggles) stack, the team toggles that Arachnos Soldiers get also stack.  So they can have those toggles PLUS the Leadership toggles.

 

10 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

Except for Vengeance, unless you're nemesis and get to cheat.

It's possible to stack Vengeance, but not reliably.  You need to be on voice chat to synchronize and be accurate enough to land both between 'server ticks'.

I used to hail from Infinity.  Mainly on Everlasting, now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Not only does Maneuvers (and all the leadership toggles) stack, the team toggles that Arachnos Soldiers get also stack.  So they can have those toggles PLUS the Leadership toggles.

 

It's possible to stack Vengeance, but not reliably.  You need to be on voice chat to synchronize and be accurate enough to land both between 'server ticks'.

This.  Though it's not intended to work that way.  Vengeance stacking not Veats toggles that is 😁.  Bit like how GM (a team of all Empathy defenders) would prevent (often not always) toggle dropping of their Leadership toggles when Nukes weren't crashless.  Stack so much recovery their end never bottomed out.

 

Edit: Technically I think it would but we'd get a tic or more of end back before the toggle would check/pay its end cost so the toggle cost would get paid and no drop.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Are you sure this is still the case?

Pretty sure.  If you have doubts ... there's always the test server and Target Analyzers.

26 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

The only one I'm not sure about is Victory Rush.

Good thing we've got an answer!

On 12/15/2019 at 12:31 PM, siolfir said:

For once, the in-game numbers are useful, though - the order, in increasing strength is:

  • Underlings, turrets: +5% recovery, 2.5% endurance discount
  • Minions: +10% recovery, 5% endurance discount
  • Lieutenants: +30% recovery, 15% endurance discount
  • Bosses: +60% recovery, +30% endurance discount
  • Elite Bosses: +80% recovery, +40% endurance discount
  • AVs/GMs: +100% recovery, +50% endurance discount

All of the buffs last for 2 minutes, and only the recovery portion is enhanceable.

 

  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Pretty sure.  If you have doubts ... there's always the test server and Target Analyzers.

No need, I've already tested this in the past. The purple patch applies to the "only stack once" debuff procs. What Coyote said is correct.

 

This also happened with Bruising, where it made it a headache when Tankers with different level shifts would update the Bruising of the target by applying their purple patch. So you'd have oscillations of the resistance debuff.


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bopper said:

No need, I've already tested this in the past. The purple patch applies to the "only stack once" debuff procs. What Coyote said is correct.

 

This also happened with Bruising, where it made it a headache when Tankers with different level shifts would update the Bruising of the target by applying their purple patch. So you'd have oscillations of the resistance debuff.

Did you happen to test the interface procs as well?  Like for example the tohit debuff and -regen of diamagnetic?

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Did you happen to test the interface procs as well?  Like for example the tohit debuff and -regen of diamagnetic?

I've dabbled...yes 

 

 

Can you be more specific on what you're wanting to know? Is it in regards to purple patch, max stacks, something else?


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Redlynne said:

it's not YOU casting the effect upon them for a debuff, but rather THEM being forced to cast the effect upon themselves

Nemesis plot.  Always a Nemesis plot.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bopper said:

I've dabbled...yes 

 

 

Can you be more specific on what you're wanting to know? Is it in regards to purple patch, max stacks, something else?

Purple patch.  I heard the "self cast" thing before so was thinking effectiveness of interface debuffs were not affected by level differences, but now it sounds like perhaps everything is.  Would make the small -15% regen you get for each stack of diamagnetic even more tiny against the AV's you actually need it for if it is reduced by level difference as well.  

 

Easy enough to test for myself, but if you happened to already have done so...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Purple patch.  I heard the "self cast" thing before so was thinking effectiveness of interface debuffs were not affected by level differences, but now it sounds like perhaps everything is.  Would make the small -15% regen you get for each stack of diamagnetic even more tiny against the AV's you actually need it for if it is reduced by level difference as well.  

 

Easy enough to test for myself, but if you happened to already have done so...

Haven't, but I can look


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Riverdusk said:

Purple patch.  I heard the "self cast" thing before so was thinking effectiveness of interface debuffs were not affected by level differences, but now it sounds like perhaps everything is.  Would make the small -15% regen you get for each stack of diamagnetic even more tiny against the AV's you actually need it for if it is reduced by level difference as well.  

 

Easy enough to test for myself, but if you happened to already have done so...

Tested Diamagnetic, it follows the purple patch. Tested against +0 enemy, saw 5% To Hit Debuff. Tested against +3 enemy, say 3.25% To Hit Debuff (65% strength)

 

Update: Also tested Degenerative. -3.5% Max HP on +0, -2.275% Max HP on +3 (65% strength)

Edited by Bopper
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...