What should every base have?

I am asking about the basic items to be considered a functioning base.

• Teleporters 
  • Personal Vault
  • Workshop table
  • Salvage Storage racks (max limit 6?)
  • Enhancement Storage table (max limit 12?)
  • Med Bay
  • Nurse (optional), Quartermaster (optional?), Icon, Trainer, and the one that lets you adjust hero level
  • Buff table (trade salvage for buffs, can't remember the name of it)(optional)

I know there are a lot of decorations, but functional items that good thriving SG/VG should have available to their members is what I am asking about.

Is there anything I am missing?

• Like 1

The personal vault and difficulty-setting NPC are optional, since you can access those things from the UI.

Quartermaster and buff tables are necessary.  The quartermaster is just too convenient not to have, and the buff tables are the only place you can get those buffs.  They can give you a nice little boost, and they count toward crafting badges.  The nurse is optional if you have the med item that sells inspirations and the one that sells break-frees.

More salvage storage than enhancement storage, since you'll want to have lots of salvage available when you go to your base to craft.  You can't access the AH from the base, so if you're short a nevermelting ice for that IO you want to make, you'll have to go out, buy it, and come back in if there isn't one in storage.   You can also fill one with Halloween salvage during the event, so new alts can grab a set without paying the high off-season prices on the AH.  I'd also suggest having some inspiration storage, so if you're soundly defeated and hosp to base you can pick up some large inspirations on your way out and go back and get your sweet revenge.

• Like 1

Crafting, Storage, Rez, and TP are the general categories as you inferred. There are a couple different crafting and storage of course.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I have learned not to keep candy canes and Halloween storage in the base storage racks.  Of course, each item counts towards the 100 items total that can be held in each rack.  When carried on a character, though, they do not count towards the limits of invention storage you are allowed to carry.  They are subject to other limits I have never reached and don't have to worry about.  So I keep all of that on Heraclea and mail it or put a set into regular storage when a character needs it.  Save the base racks for invention salvage. 

The number of characters that need more than five costume slots is rather small in itself. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

The things I have in my base: 

Insp dispenser and storage. (Farmers make deposits, lowbies make withdrawals - third tier, team and supers only) 

Empowerment buff station -  the tech one with three "prongs?" or three arms seems to have all the buffs the other two have, and allows for the three tiers of salvage to be used, so you really only need the one with the three "arms". 

Portals & beacons to all zones - to include Praetorian and Villain side, along with hero side  - coop zones, as well as the Echo zones. 

Rez /med bay 

Trainer, tailor/facemaker, quartermaster

Salvage racks

Enhancement bins

Multiple work benches, depending on the size of your membership base. 

Pillar of Ice and Flame

Power/energy & control as needed 

If you routinely invite new folks to your SG - you may want to consider labeling things in such a way where it's clear what direction people should go, depending on their purpose there. 

I have signs pointing towards Portals, Crafting, Training, Tailor, etc. 

One SG I'm in has what I call the "Ego room", with the TFs, and the times it took to complete them, as well as Character Names and badge counts. (I think we're all at 1531, so it's a bit silly now, but when we were in the 1200s, it made more sense to see a leaderboard. ) 

15 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I have learned not to keep candy canes and Halloween storage in the base storage racks.  Of course, each item counts towards the 100 items total that can be held in each rack.  When carried on a character, though, they do not count towards the limits of invention storage you are allowed to carry.  They are subject to other limits I have never reached and don't have to worry about.  So I keep all of that on Heraclea and mail it or put a set into regular storage when a character needs it.  Save the base racks for invention salvage. 

The number of characters that need more than five costume slots is rather small in itself. 

A second account with "Storage" Alts is probably a better idea for that stuff. I'll have to remember that concept. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

2 hours ago, Eva Destruction said:

The Tech and Arcane empowerment stations use different salvage for some of the buffs.  So it's a good idea to have both.

I find that I have a glut of magic salvage and am often short on tech salvage.  This may have something to do with the fact that I have many more Magic/Natural characters than Mutant/Technology/Science characters.  So the Magic empowerment station with the tallest chimney gets more work than the three-prong Science one, but I keep one of each in every base. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291