Why no Claws/Stone?

Troo

Why no Claws/Stone? Can someone refresh my fading memory.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

A lot of other melee attacks like savage uses both hands for some attacks while stone uses a two handed swing for most attacks, but paired with shield holds the hammer with one hand. There is no reason you can't use just one claw and hold a shield in the other hand. Dual blades I can understand being not allowed.

Originally Stone Armor and Claws were not available on the same archetypes.  Devs probably chose not to put in the work for extra animations and costume pieces when Brutes were added.  *Edit* Brutes didn't get Claws until I16.  

Though if someone put in the time to work out Claw/Shield combo, I'd be down right away. 

Edited by Jaxman100

• 3 weeks later

So it's because Granite and weapons?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thought this was funny. I recently rolled a stone tank and was actually thinking claws over savage. Ive even seen the animations in costume editor and thought Id try to prove this thread wrong! 😄  I was able to make the toon, get him to attempt to load into AP. But then crashed. Reloaded and had an InvalidPlayerinfo.. which is fun!

Glad I rolled the /savage.

((if any wants to know. choose the secondary claws first, then back to primary stone. But if you go into secondaries again, claws wont be selected. But if you dont go back to secondaries, you can see the costume and power custom screen. Only works with Tank tho.

Spoiler

impos.thumb.jpg.99517f695f17594f1cfbaafa8f2440d5.jpgcrash.thumb.jpg.d89833e26d75e17636d6469ff6643c57.jpg

• Like 1