Sooo... What's coming up on HC?

9 hours ago, Abraxus said:

What had me so concerned were specific posts in various CoH related Discord servers, and FB groups saying things to the effect of "Hey!  XXXXXXX server has this new kewl thing.  I'm wanting to try it out, but I don't know how to do it.  Anybody help?".  Or "Stability, and large numbers are great, but I just GOTTA try this new thing!  XXXXXX server, here I come!".  

But, apparently the numbers are small enough not to be of major concern, so I won't be concerned.

To be honest, if HC's methodical approach results in more stuff like Electrical Affinity, sign me up for methodical.  That set is pretty much perfect.  

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

14 minutes ago, roleki said:

To be honest, if HC's methodical approach results in more stuff like Electrical Affinity, sign me up for methodical.  That set is pretty much perfect.  

I played a defender to 50 with it.  I agree completely!

What was no more, is REBORN!

To good health and things getting back to normal.  This has been such an off year.  My house decided to have the washer, dryer and fridge all die since New Year's Day.

....in have New Years seems a year ago.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

I'm actually excited about the prospect of Energy Melee getting un-nerfed.

In 2020 I'm actually excited about the possibility of a single animation being reverted to the original one in an old MMO from 2004 that was shut down in 2012. It sounds crazy when I read that out loud, but it's true.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

6 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

I'm actually excited about the prospect of Energy Melee getting un-nerfed.

In 2020 I'm actually excited about the possibility of a single animation being reverted to the original one in an old MMO from 2004 that was shut down in 2012. It sounds crazy when I read that out loud, but it's true.

In 2020, nothing makes sense anymore bud, just roll with it ❤️

• 3 weeks later
On 6/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Jimmy said:

We're all still alive - real life has just been incredibly busy for many of us in recent months. Most of this is due to (or made signiciantly worse by) Coronavirus-related problems, and some of it just really bad timing. For the moment we're having to prioritise the small amount of free time we have available for the project, which means some things aren't getting much attention. The talks are still ongoing, and as that's the most important thing for the long-term goals that Homecoming has, it is the priority.

From a development standpoint there's several things which are in progress (some of which are nearly ready for testing), but right now we don't actually have the capacity to run live development, testing and iteration on those features (see the Enhancement changes being stuck in limbo for an example of this). Once that capacity returns we'll start to see stuff hitting the test servers again.

Whilst all of this is going on it's still a priority of ours to ensure the consistent and stable operation of the server. Our fantastic GM team has been critical in facilitatin this, so please be sure to thank them if you see them around 🙂 

Can we really update the game without nerfing regen?

Once things settle down, why not recruit more developers? I was looking at the future developer volunteer thread and there are some pretty skilled developers looking to help!