weird aura bug with female winged boots

gurusloth

Had a female toon and when I added winged boots to the costume it had an unintentional (I assume) mist-like aura associated with the costume piece.  the 1st pic is in the character creator with the ambient light all the way down; I left the menus open so you can see my aura options are off.  The foot on the ground in this pic clearly has an aura around it in the same color as the gold of the boots.  It's more noticeable when you're moving through the world (see 2nd pic).  This is the same character in the hero tutorial zone.  Would really like this aura removed as it is a deal-breaker for using the costume piece in most situations.

winged boots aura.png

screenshot_200607-16-19-14.jpg

I can't say I've ever used those boots personally, I just don't really like the look. Winged boots might have been designed with this effect. If you look at comparable boots of the same time period most had an effect to go with their theme. Piston Boots make a small effect when landing from a jump, Rocket boots, have rocket effects for flyers. It would make sense that these boots had an effect for runners.

Is the effect there on the male model too? But I'd be willing to guess that these are probably working as intended.

Edited by Snowdaze

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

1 hour ago, Snowdaze said:

I can't say I've ever used those boots personally, I just don't really like the look. Winged boots might have been designed with this effect. If you look at comparable boots of the same time period most had an effect to go with their theme. Piston Boots make a small effect when landing from a jump, Rocket boots, have rocket effects for flyers. It would make sense that these boots had an effect for runners.

Is the effect there on the male model too? But I'd be willing to guess that these are probably working as intended.

You're right, it's on all three body types.  So I guess it's intentional?  But it seems weird that there are already path auras in the game and there's no way to turn the glow off on the boots.  Also I know from playing with them that the glow is not just when running, any movement including flying causes it to kick in. 

Ah well, maybe not a bug but perhaps consider a toggle on the these boots to turn off the aura.  What forum would that request go under?