Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

1 hour ago, Zepp said:

Thank you so much... Is there the possibility of an Android App at some point in the future?

Hoping so, after the planning phase if the project gains traction I plan on doing a cross platform version.

• Thanks 3

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

On 8/8/2019 at 11:11 AM, crytilis said:

MacOS Install Guide

1. Install Homebrew using this command in the terminal:  /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)" This should allow for the installation of both Wine and Winetricks, which'll go as follows.
  2. Install XQuartz, required for Wine to work: brew cask install xquartz
  3. Install Wine and Winetricks: brew install wine | brew install winetricks
  4. Install the .NET 4.7.2 libraries via Winetricks - follow the prompts that appear: winetricks dotnet472
  5. Download the macOS/Linux Mids ZIP file, and extract it. Open a terminal up at that location, and then run this command: wine "Hero Designer.exe"

-Courtesy of Korvinagor-

Edited Sunday at 12:15 AM by crytilis

I'm following all this but on step 4 I seem to run into a problem:

kevins-Mac-mini:~ void$ winetricks dotnet472

warning: taskset/cpuset not available on your platform!

------------------------------------------------------

WINEPREFIX INFO:

Drive C :   .

Program Files

Program Files (x86)

ProgramData

users

windows

Registry info:

/Users/void/.wine/system.reg:#arch=win64

/Users/void/.wine/user.reg:#arch=win64

/Users/void/.wine/userdef.reg:#arch=win64

wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned empty string, error message "/usr/local/bin/winetricks: line 3117: /usr/local/bin/wine: Bad CPU type in executable"

kevins-Mac-mini:~ void$

And if I get that sorted out I'm also confused by the "Open terminal up at that location" in step 5...  I'm not sure what you mean by at that location, doesn't terminal just kind of open?  (Yeah, sorry, I've become more and more comp illiterate as times gone by...)

Edited by Caemgen

7 hours ago, Caemgen said:

And if I get that sorted out I'm also confused by the "Open terminal up at that location" in step 5...  I'm not sure what you mean by at that location, doesn't terminal just kind of open?  (Yeah, sorry, I've become more and more comp illiterate as times gone by...)

yeah just open terminal and cd over to the right directory

not sure about what's acting up in step 4 though. at step 3 did you copy/paste "brew install wine | brew install winetricks" as a single command, or did you enter the two brew calls separately? if the former, you may have only installed winetricks and not wine, so instead try entering "brew install wine" and "brew reinstall winetricks" separately

Edited by Aeolius

26 minutes ago, Aeolius said:

not sure about what's acting up in step 4 though. at step 3 did you copy/paste "brew install wine | brew install winetricks" as a single command, or did you enter the two brew calls separately? if the former, you may have only installed winetricks and not wine, so instead try entering "brew install wine" and "brew reinstall winetricks" separately

Edited 21 minutes ago by Aeolius

I did those as separate commands.  *shrug*

Thank you so much for doing this. I don't know anything about working behind the scenes, but I was able to follow these instructions and get HeroDesigner running. However, I get a recurring popup error message (below) that stops me from doing anything. Any idea what I might have done wrong, or how to fix it?

Screenshot 2019-10-10 12.57.39.png

On 8/8/2019 at 8:11 AM, crytilis said:
  • Download the macOS/Linux Mids ZIP file, and extract it. Open a terminal up at that location, and then run this command: wine "Hero Designer.exe"

I went through all previous steps, but am not sure how to open a terminal at that location.  I tried moving in the finder, I fear it is not that.

I see from Aeolus' post that the CD command is what I missed.  Ill try again

In Terminal, I was getting the below error.  I Cdd to the proper directory, reran final command and MIDS IS REBORN for this Mac user.  

Too soon, getting same error as PTown. 507239867_ScreenShot2019-10-10at6_47_34PM.png.dfe0081be9f2514296f77c4d71633a20.png

SOOO CLOSE!

Thank you very much

wine: cannot find 'Hero Designer.exe' [this is ok now]

Edited by Techulon2

9 hours ago, PtownRebel said:

I went back to step 3, used Brew Reinstall Wine and Brew Reinstall Winetricks, repeated step 4, and now it seems to be working. 

I'm not a Mac user myself but it sounds like something happened during your original Wine/Winetricks install.

*You may also try winetricks --force dotnet472 when installing the .NET 4.7.2 prerequisite using Winetricks.*

Edited by crytilis

Haven't been lurking for a while (playing B2 to catch-up before B3), but I like the cleaner Starting post. If people actually READ it, then things should go smoother. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

2 minutes ago, WanderingAries said:

Haven't been lurking for a while (playing B2 to catch-up before B3), but I like the cleaner Starting post. If people actually READ it, then things should go smoother. 😛

Nice 😁 and wb aries

Edited by crytilis

So I finally got around to downloading the new version of this and I have one likely not so small request. Can the colours used for the power list be customisable? Because the old one had green for powers you have, yellow for available and blue-grey for unavailable while this one uses blue for powers you have and grey for unavailable and my brain finds that extremely jarring. Also being able to change the yellow now used for the toggle buttons and current level back to the green it used to be (Or to any other colour) would also be nice. Additionally, in the configuration the size option for stats/powers doesn't appear to change anything while in the old one it changes the size of the text for powers in the primary/secondary/pool lists.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

12 hours ago, General Idiot said:

So I finally got around to downloading the new version of this and I have one likely not so small request. Can the colours used for the power list be customisable? Because the old one had green for powers you have, yellow for available and blue-grey for unavailable while this one uses blue for powers you have and grey for unavailable and my brain finds that extremely jarring. Also being able to change the yellow now used for the toggle buttons and current level back to the green it used to be (Or to any other colour) would also be nice. Additionally, in the configuration the size option for stats/powers doesn't appear to change anything while in the old one it changes the size of the text for powers in the primary/secondary/pool lists.

The color system was changed in accordance with MRB's new color scheme. However with that being said I am working on a theme system that will allow you to switch it. I ask that you be patient, working as fast as I can 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 2:38 PM, Caemgen said:

I'm still having no luck...  Does it work with Catalina?  I did allow my Mac to autoupdate before I ever tried getting this to work...

I don't personally own or use MacOS, however from what I understand is Catalina removed support for 32-bit apps which means Wine will no longer work on it.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:32 PM, Caulderone said:

Looks like that type was just left out, assuming it can be slotted in game.  You can add it, though.

Options -> Advanced -> Database Editor

Main Database Editor -> Mastermind Summons -> Mercenaries -> Spec Ops (double click this, or click Edit at the bottom right)

Go to the Invention Set Types Tab, find Stun, click it to add it to the Accepted section above.

OK -> Save and Close (wait for re-indexing to finish) -> Close

You'll need to reload or start anew and it should now have that option.

THANK YOU!

I've been waiting for an update/fix to be able to slot heal sets into Power Armor for EnA Sentinels... Now I was able to change it myself!

Death is the best debuff.

Crytilis, I know you are working on the MAC version right now but I would like to make a feature request for later. 

Would it be possible to have a option in the Configuration area to always show slot levels? 

The reason I ask is that sometimes, when opening builds I have previously opened, the slot levels are off and I have to manually click to show slot levels.  I always have them on and it can get annoying when you have MRB opened to your toon and you are ready to slot but the slot levels are off.

Matt Miracle

Covenant of Honor - Excelsior

A.W.O.L. (formerly on Liberty Live Server).

Is there a chance you guys are secretly working on an iOS/Android application??? If so, that would make my day, year, and life!! Also any chance the mids reborn application can become scaleable It is very diff to see at times with my 17.5" screen!

Thanks for all that you do.

6 hours ago, ychatila said:

Is there a chance you guys are secretly working on an iOS/Android application??? If so, that would make my day, year, and life!! Also any chance the mids reborn application can become scaleable It is very diff to see at times with my 17.5" screen!

I think you want to be paying attention to This Thread instead for that ...

• Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 8/8/2019 at 7:02 PM, Ariamaki said:

It's installing just fine compared to the previous launchers, but even though I have up-to-date .net it throws an error constantly while running.

unknown.png

EDIT: A clean .NET reinstall fixed this issue, but there's still some other problems. The first one I encountered is that the Defender epic Flame Mastery is not handled correctly: It treats Consume as being a "47+, two or more powers" option, and Greater Fire Sword as an initial pick option, which is backwards / wrong. I think it's pulling level requirements from their source versions in other Epic Pools and not displaying it as a Defender power properly? Likewise you can never take the Defender version of Rise of the Phoenix because it's looking for specific pre-requisite powers that aren't in the Defender version of the pool.

I'm having this same problem.  I do not know what "a clean .net reinstall" is.

I have pines and it works for almost everything I need, but I was hoping mids would allow me to create masterminds using the newer secondaries (pines crashes if one tries them).  But I can't get past the above error message.

14 minutes ago, ApollyonJones said:

I'm having this same problem.  I do not know what "a clean .net reinstall" is.

I have pines and it works for almost everything I need, but I was hoping mids would allow me to create masterminds using the newer secondaries (pines crashes if one tries them).  But I can't get past the above error message.

That is definitely a .NET error. Re-Install .NET 4.7.2