Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

3 minutes ago, crytilis said:

Link to .NET 4.7.2 is on the 1st page 🙂 

Thanks for the friendly clarification.  I downloaded that thing on the first page, but when installing it, it informed me:

Blocking Issues:

The .NET Framework 4.7.2 is not supported on this operating system.

I'm running Windows 8.1.

42 minutes ago, ApollyonJones said:

Thanks for the friendly clarification.  I downloaded that thing on the first page, but when installing it, it informed me:

Blocking Issues:

The .NET Framework 4.7.2 is not supported on this operating system.

I'm running Windows 8.1.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4054566/microsoft-net-framework-4-7-2-for-windows-8-1-windows-rt-8-1-and-windo

or 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/on-windows-8-1

Try that 🙂

Edited by crytilis

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

2.6.0.6 has been delayed, sorry folks. Upon fixing a 10+ year old bug that prevented the modification of enhancement types (not sets) a good portion of the database that told the program which powers get which type was lost. I am in the process of rebuilding it now from a backup.

Edited by crytilis
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

So just noticed that when I select Corruptor, Ice Blast for Primary, Cold Domination for Secondary, when I select the power Ice Bolt, it instantly goes from 83.42 damage to 166.9 (83.42).  I haven't added enhancements or slots yet.  I thought it was maybe something I clicked on accidentally so uninstalled/reinstalled Mids'.  Same issue.  What am I doing wrong?  Why is it doing this?  

2 minutes ago, tafilr said:

So just noticed that when I select Corruptor, Ice Blast for Primary, Cold Domination for Secondary, when I select the power Ice Bolt, it instantly goes from 83.42 damage to 166.9 (83.42).  I haven't added enhancements or slots yet.  I thought it was maybe something I clicked on accidentally so uninstalled/reinstalled Mids'.  Same issue.  What am I doing wrong?  Why is it doing this?  

Scourge is toggled on.  Turn it off.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2019 at 3:38 PM, Caemgen said:

I'm still having no luck...  Does it work with Catalina?  I did allow my Mac to autoupdate before I ever tried getting this to work...

Mids won't work on Catalina. Wine isn't supported yet. It can't run in 64bit.

Try doing something simple with wine like 

wine --v

You'll get an error message

HeroDesigner v2.6.0.6 -- The view for powers and slots has changed from 3 to 6 columns compared to the previous version. The problem is that IO icons are getting very squeezed up unless the window is stretched horizontally and then the window takes up too much space horizontally.

Is there a configuration option to use the 3 instead of 6 column view layout?

If not, then please can we have that option?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Digirium said:

HeroDesigner v2.6.0.6 -- The view for powers and slots has changed from 3 to 6 columns compared to the previous version. The problem is that IO icons are getting very squeezed up unless the window is stretched horizontally and then the window takes up too much space horizontally.

Agreed.  I have TOO much wasted black space at the bottom. 

Matt Miracle

Covenant of Honor - Excelsior

A.W.O.L. (formerly on Liberty Live Server).

3 hours ago, Digirium said:

The new layout change is awful. Everything is squeezed at the top of my screen and super tiny. How can I go back to the old look? It's not even usable for me the way it is now.

Mids.png

Edited by kingpin175

23 minutes ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Resize your window. Maximized or just dragged out to a letterbox look will make it better. You still may not like the new look (I've not decided yet) but it'll work.

Maxed out on my 24" monitor running standard 1080p I can still barely read it. The Primary/Secondary powers are only using about 1/4 of the available screen real estate. In my opinion this change was unnecessary and a bad decision. Hopefully they will revert back or add an option to put it back into 3 column mode.

Mids2.png

• Like 1

Yeah, it is only readable for me on fullscreen on my 1920x1200 display.  I don't like using it fullscreen, as it is then hard to have 2 builds open at the same time to compare and contrast.

Previously, there were View options for 2,3,4 columns.  We need options for 3 or 4  columns to get a readable size.  There is plenty of room to stretch vertically downward.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ychatila said:

Maybe change the color of the font for the powers To yellow or White to help them standout better?

There is an option to set high readability in the config.

32 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Yeah, it is only readable for me on fullscreen on my 1920x1200 display.  I don't like using it fullscreen, as it is then hard to have 2 builds open at the same time to compare and contrast.

Previously, there were View options for 2,3,4 columns.  We need options for 3 or 4  columns to get a readable size.  There is plenty of room to stretch vertically downward.

I am currently adding 3 and 4 column back in however I am redoing it so it is done correctly rather than just placing the powers randomly.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ychatila said:

RIGHT ON!!!!! Excuse my ignorance that worked greatly! I am going to take the time and go through everything to make sure I can understand all the settings before wasting your time on another post of mine. Thanks again!

Not wasting my time, if you have a question feel free to ask and I will do my best to respond.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crytilis said:

Not wasting my time, if you have a question feel free to ask and I will do my best to respond.

@crytilis 

Just in case you haven't heard it today, you rock.  Thanks for working, voluntarily, to keep this tool we all love updated and running.  Thank you for taking our wants, needs and concerns into account and being so kind and accommodating!  You're awesome.

• Like 2