Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

Are the new PPM formulas working correctly?

When I use the spreadsheet someone set up and provided on the forum, I get a different value from what the planner now shows.

Incinerate is showing way less in planner than spreadsheet, Combustion is showing way more, so it just looks odd.  Then again, it could be the spreadsheet I have that is off.

It's great being able to see pets' resistances, mez protections, and damage as a feature!

Not sure how accurate it all is right now, though. Hellfire demons have negative resistance to Energy/Negative/Psionic? And when Arcnanatime is turned on pet DPA goes bonkers (375 DPA on a single Cold Demonling).

Edit: And when I turn on Enchant Demon those Hellfire demon resistances go down further and extend to other resistances as well.

Edited by Demon Shell
Addendum

50 minutes ago, Demon Shell said:

It's great being able to see pets' resistances, mez protections, and damage as a feature!

Not sure how accurate it all is right now, though. Hellfire demons have negative resistance to Energy/Negative/Psionic? And when Arcnanatime is turned on pet DPA goes bonkers (375 DPA on a single Cold Demonling).

Edit: And when I turn on Enchant Demon those Hellfire demon resistances go down further and extend to other resistances as well.

Hover over the effects, there are prob multiple effect types, some to target others to self. Sadly Mids's control do not list both.

Pet damage is combined damage from their attacks.

Edited by crytilis

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

1 hour ago, Caulderone said:

Are the new PPM formulas working correctly?

When I use the spreadsheet someone set up and provided on the forum, I get a different value from what the planner now shows.

Incinerate is showing way less in planner than spreadsheet, Combustion is showing way more, so it just looks odd.  Then again, it could be the spreadsheet I have that is off.

They should be correct, unless they are being overridden in the power itself.

Using Incinerate (on a Tanker) with 97.4% slotted recharge.
MRT = 10 / 1.974 = 5.066
AreaMod = 1 (single target)
Cast Time = 1.67
Hecatomb proc = 4.5 PPM

Probability:  PPM * (MRT + CastTime) / (60*AreaMod)

4.5[ppm]*(5.066[mrt] + 1.67[ct])/(60 * 1[areamod]) = 0.505

50.5% chance calculated using the formula, which is what the spreadsheat gives me, too.

The planner is showing 24% chance in the mouseover in the damage section.

Edited by Caulderone

3 minutes ago, TheOtterBear said:

I just downloaded this and on the right side I have six columns of four power slots.  Is there anyway to change it so it's more like the old Mid's/Pine's to have three columns of eight?  As it is now the enhancements are too small to see clearly.

Use 2.6.0.5 I am working on replacing the system

42 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Using Incinerate (on a Tanker) with 97.4% slotted recharge.
MRT = 10 / 1.974 = 5.066
AreaMod = 1 (single target)
Cast Time = 1.67
Hecatomb proc = 4.5 PPM

Probability:  PPM * (MRT + CastTime) / (60*AreaMod)

4.5[ppm]*(5.066[mrt] + 1.67[ct])/(60 * 1[areamod]) = 0.505

50.5% chance calculated using the formula, which is what the spreadsheat gives me, too.

The planner is showing 24% chance in the mouseover in the damage section.

Tankers are currently bugged due to the gauntlet mechanic. The single target attacks have a taunt AoE, and the radius of that taunt is feeding into the ppm calculations erroneously. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

4 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Ah!  I didn't even think about that counting.

Neither did I when I was helping the team with the fixes for PPM calculations (my bad). Luckily enough the first thing I did this morning was pull up a tanker build I was running numbers on last night and noticed a big discrepancy with my Knockout Blow (17.8 ft radius). The Mids team is already aware of the bug and hopefully a simple fix can be made eventually.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

14 hours ago, crytilis said:

I am currently adding 3 and 4 column back in however I am redoing it so it is done correctly rather than just placing the powers randomly.

I spent a few minutes scratching my head thinking I was crazy before hopping over here to make sure it wasn't just me. Sounds awesome, and thank you for all your hard work! =D

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

Forgive me if this has been covered before but, is there not a way to just have the powers/slots scale to the size of the overall window? I always wondered why this was not the case back in the old days as well. Or even the ability to select how many columns and rows you would like to view the build in.

The power buttons do not scale appropriately because they aren't really buttons, they are images inside of a single picturebox.

Edited by crytilis

3 hours ago, crytilis said:

The power buttons do not scale appropriately because they aren't really buttons, they are images inside of a single picturebox.

Images can be scaled. Vector images specifically would fit the bill for something like this. Something to think about maybe (if time and ability permit)?

9 hours ago, nekkidtruth said:

Images can be scaled. Vector images specifically would fit the bill for something like this. Something to think about maybe (if time and ability permit)?

A picture inside a picturebox can be stretched etc, scaling itself only works on the control. There is only one control, the picturebox. Can the images be coded to resize? Sure, I suppose so..however it would require redoing approximately 70% of the UI taking into account all possible sizes and resolutions. 

I personally will not be doing this, waste of time on a 10+ year old application. If you want to do this (time and ability permitting) feel free.

Edited by crytilis

8 hours ago, Tailcoat said:

Love the program, but I had a few questions:

1. What does "Pre-ED" mean? What does it mean if it's green or red?
  2. Why do some powers have 105% Accuracy? Isn't there a cap at 95%?

Pre-ED means pre-enhancement diversification. As you probably know, the enhancement buffs have diminishing returns when you overslot for the same buff. The pre-ED is showing what you would have had if those diminishing returns were not implemented. Quick history lesson, when the game originally came out there was no ED. You could get haste, 6 slot it with 6 Recharge reduction SOs for 200% reduction. When ED was implemented, they reduced an enhancement's effects if the enhancement percentage got too high. So now that 200% reduction would turn into something like 120%.

The pre-ED values honestly could and probably should be removed from Mids' Reborn as ED hasn't been a thing in thirteen years.  It's just confusing to newer CoH players.  However, I'm quite sure that there are far more pressing matters for the Reborn development team. 🙂

Simply put, "Pre-ED" is the raw total of the enhancements you've slotted, before the diminishing returns from ED are applied.

While I agree that it's an advanced thing to display, I disagree strongly that its age is a valid reason for removing it. In my view it's much harder to reason about what effect a change in enhancement will have if all you can see is the "post-ED" value. If you know how ED works (for Schedule A, soft decrease in benefit above 70%, harder decrease above 90%, massive decrease above 100%) you can tell quickly what will happen if, say, you've got 105% damage enhancement and remove something that gives 25%.

I would not mind the "pre-ED" thing being an option one has to turn on, but I'd not like to see it removed.

Edited by UberGuy

Since I posted it in the Homecoming discord early this morning, I figured I should also let it be known here. I hope to have the next release finished today or tomorrow which removes the 6 column layout and goes back to a 2, 3, and 4 column layout. The inherent layout will now be semi-dynamic, meaning certain powers should shift their positions based upon what powers you take and what layout you are in.

After I push out this release I will no longer be working on the current rendition of Mids' Reborn, with the occasional exception of minor database updates.

Edited by crytilis
  • Thanks 4

Pre-ED is useful, but perhaps could use a short tooltip. I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't know it stood for "enhancement diversification" (though I've heard of the diminishing returns) and I think I saw "ED" used for "endurance drain" elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, crytilis said:

After I push out this release I will no longer be working on the current rendition of Mids' Reborn

As in you will no longer be involved in the Mids Reborn project? Or are you developing something new?