Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

1 hour ago, EmmySky said:

@crytilis

Is someone taking up the mantle or will Mids Reborn become defunct if they add more tweets or pools in the game?  

I will still update it if they add/change something, just at this time I'm not sure if I want to continue working on the core of Mids itself.

• Like 4

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

4 hours ago, metacore said:

Unfortunately you are reading that wrong.
If the software was never meant to do something then no matter how much I may disagree with it it wont do it and that is not a bug.
I want my car to fly. It doesnt fly. The car designer/builder never stated that it would fly and didnt design/build it to fly. That is not an issue/error/problem with the car but with my expectations.
You could call it a design limitation but its still not a bug.

There is nothing wrong with wanting software to do more than it was designed to do. But that is a New Feature Request or Enhancement Request not a bug to be fixed.

Your analogy is flawed.  This isn't an unreasonable expectation for a car to fly.  It is equivalent to expecting a car's stereo system to play an MP3 file encoded with an older codec.

Regardless of your interpretation of the definition of "bug", it won't change the fact others will experience similar problems in the future if nothing is done about this issue.  It won't change the fact those people will report it as a bug too.

Link Minds is currently showing that it is boosted by secondary enhancing effects, like Dominator's Power Up and Clarion Radial, but this doesn't work in game. Link Minds' defense buff cannot be boosted.

The secondary boost from Power Up is higher in Mids than in game.

Thank you for your work, and for any you may continue to do.

1 hour ago, Zylli said:

Your analogy is flawed.  This isn't an unreasonable expectation for a car to fly.  It is equivalent to expecting a car's stereo system to play an MP3 file encoded with an older codec.

Regardless of your interpretation of the definition of "bug", it won't change the fact others will experience similar problems in the future if nothing is done about this issue.  It won't change the fact those people will report it as a bug too.

I do not support renditions of Mids that I was not involved. Sorry 😐

Renditions of Mids are as follows.

• Mids' Hero Designer - Created by Mids himself
  • Mids' Hero/Villain Designer - Done by Mids himself and taken over by Titan Network.
  • Pines Hero/Villain Designer - A port of the Mids' Hero/Villain Designer which was modified for SCORE servers by Pine.
  • Mids' Reborn - A port of the Mids' Hero/Villain Designer modified for Homecoming servers by Crytilis
  • Mids Reborn : Hero Designer - Another port of the Mids' Hero/Villain Designer with several core changes and tailored for Homecoming. Created by Crytilis, Maslow, & Pine and now maintained by Crytilis.

Since Mids Reborn : Hero Designer is another rendition of Mids it is natural that it uses the same file extension as other renditions. It *may* be compatible with builds made in other renditions. However since many things have been changed/fixed in Mids Reborn : Hero Designer, this is not guaranteed and a statement to this effect was already made with the release of 2.6.0.3. This will not change, if you wish to have your build be 100% compatible with the latest rendition then you should rebuild it in 2.6.0.3 or later. 

*Keep in mind, Force of Will was not added into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer until 2.6.0.6. 2.6.0.7 re-introduced the 2, 3, and 4 column layouts that were removed in 2.6.0.6.*

Edited by crytilis
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Demon Shell said:

Link Minds is currently showing that it is boosted by secondary enhancing effects, like Dominator's Power Up and Clarion Radial, but this doesn't work in game. Link Minds' defense buff cannot be boosted.

I'll have a look at it in the code, thanks for reporting.

Edited by crytilis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:00 AM, crytilis said:

I will still update it if they add/change something, just at this time I'm not sure if I want to continue working on the core of Mids itself.

There's a lot of love already in there, but even if it retired now, it'll be appreciated for what it is.

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 hour ago, Noyjitat said:

Need someone to take over titan sentinel also and make it point to a new website for homecoming so we can do our badge tracking there. You can still download the program but cannot login into city info tracker with it.

If you do that, then you'd likely want to find out who made it and If they're willing to share the codebase. Once accomplished, I'd recommend not including titan in the name.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

On 10/22/2019 at 10:45 PM, Nyghtmaire said:

Thank you very much for all the hard work in maintaining this platform!! Build design meta-game is a real joy. I won’t go into the amount of time I’ve appropriated from my employer created builds over the Interregnum. 

I searched but didn’t find a post on this topic (so apologies if I missed it). “Demons” are not selectable pets in the Incarnate Lore choices. Is this a possible addition? Admittedly, it’s a niche choice I’m sure. 

I'll have a look

16 hours ago, City_of_Jedi said:

Should I be concerned about this?

blocked_due_to_trojan02.jpg

If you've downloaded it from the links in the thread, then no.

This should be an easy fix for me but I can't figure it out.  In the past when you slotted the Force Feedback Proc, Gaussian's Chance for Build Up or Decimation: Chance for Build Up MIDS would auto show the buffed values of the proc in your build unless you unclicked the little green button on the power that the proc was slotted in.  For example Force Feedback proc when clicked on will show how the different recharge values when it's turned on.  This no longer seems to be the case with this current version.  Is there a way to turn that feature back on?

Edited by Tater Todd

4 minutes ago, Lockpick said:

Can someone help me figure out how to do enhancement boosts for specific IOs in a build?  I basically want to make my recharge IOs in Hasten + 5, but I only see the ability to make all enhancements + 5.

When you go to select the enhancement, press the + button once for each level up

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I can't find it anywhere. When I print out my builds, the level numbers are messed up on both power levels and enhancement levels. Instead of level 4 it prints as level 31. So basically to get the level you have to add the numbers 3+1=4. All the level numbers print this way. Since no one else seems to be having this problem, I'm wondering if it's something on my end. I've been coping with this since I started using Mids again, but it would be nice to sort it out.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:39 PM, WanderingAries said:

If you do that, then you'd likely want to find out who made it and If they're willing to share the codebase. Once accomplished, I'd recommend not including titan in the name.

titan network keeps sending mixed signals on how they feel about homecoming and I honestly doubt they'll share code. In the same article about titan website being merged with homecoming. Tonyv gives instructions on how to delete your account if you're worried about the merge rather than clearing up misplaced fears.

This version of mids is a crack like pines was right? I seem to recall the original mids developer not wanting to continue development and then someone cracked it and made pines and here we are now with a cleaner version called reborn. Seems like someone smart will do the same someday for titan sentinel if not write something entirely different.

Edited by Noyjitat

3 hours ago, Noyjitat said:

titan network keeps sending mixed signals on how they feel about homecoming and I honestly doubt they'll share code. In the same article about titan website being merged with homecoming. Tonyv gives instructions on how to delete your account if you're worried about the merge rather than clearing up misplaced fears.

This version of mids is a crack like pines was right? I seem to recall the original mids developer not wanting to continue development and then someone cracked it and made pines and here we are now with a cleaner version called reborn. Seems like someone smart will do the same someday for titan sentinel if not write something entirely different.

It started as a decompilation from the original. Since then Mids himself as well as the Mids Team from Titan Network have graciously given us their source and their support as we continue the project.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:49 AM, Demon Shell said:

Hmmm, I do not have a dominator atm to test this, but it's values show they are enhanceable... and the Power Build Up numbers look correct from in game. 98.34%

Happy Wife = Happy Life

38 minutes ago, Pine said:

Hmmm, I do not have a dominator atm to test this, but it's values show they are enhanceable... and the Power Build Up numbers look correct from in game. 98.34%

Link Minds with Power Up info 1.

Untitled.thumb.png.201cdd9dfbefd50ee7248eee7e295dc3.png

Power Up+Link Minds with Power Up info 2.

Untitleddd.thumb.png.d45ca411e09d559a1322285427d38d27.png

Link Mind's value (6.13% in this case) is the same with or without Power Up, and Power Up's secondary boost is listed as 74.50%, rather than 98.34%. As I recall, when Power Boost was turned into Power Up, the secondary effect buff was reduced in compensation for the damage buff.

Edited by Demon Shell
Clarification

Importing a build file...  I get an error, and while it gets the powers correct, the slots are empty and the full inventory of slots does not show up.  (In the picture below, Stamina should be three slotted.)  It also acts as though I'm a level 2 in terms of adding slots.

Screenshot (68).png

The contents of the build file:

Silver Sting: Level 22 Technology Class_Scrapper

Character Profile:
------------------
Level 1: Inherent Inherent Brawl
	Technology_Accuracy (25)
Level 1: Inherent Inherent prestige_DVD_Glidep
	EMPTY
Level 1: Inherent Inherent Sprint
	Technology_Endurance_Discount (25)
Level 2: Inherent Inherent Rest
	Technology_Recharge (25)
Level 2: Inherent Fitness Swift
	Technology_Run (25)
Level 2: Inherent Fitness Hurdle
	Technology_Jump (25)
Level 2: Inherent Fitness Health
	Crafted_Regenerative_Tissue_E (10)
	Technology_Heal (25)
Level 2: Inherent Fitness Stamina
	Technology_Recovery (25)
	Technology_Recovery (25)
	Technology_Recovery (25)
Level 1: Scrapper_Melee Katana Hack
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
Level 2: Scrapper_Melee Katana Slash
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
Level 6: Scrapper_Melee Katana Slice
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
Level 10: Scrapper_Melee Katana Parry
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
Level 18: Scrapper_Melee Katana Whirling_Sword
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
	EMPTY
Level 1: Scrapper_Defense Regeneration Fast_Healing
	Crafted_Miracle_F (20)
	Crafted_Miracle_E (20)
Level 8: Scrapper_Defense Regeneration Reconstruction
	Technology_Recharge (25)
	Technology_Recharge (25)
Level 12: Scrapper_Defense Regeneration Quick_Recovery
	Technology_Recovery (25)
	Technology_Recovery (25)
Level 14: Scrapper_Defense Regeneration Dull_Pain
	Technology_Recharge (25)
	Technology_Recharge (25)
Level 16: Scrapper_Defense Regeneration Integration
	Technology_Endurance_Discount (25)
	Technology_Heal (25)
Level 22: Scrapper_Defense Regeneration Resist_Disorientation
	Technology_Res_Damage (25)
Level 4: Pool Leaping Long_Jump
	Technology_Jump (25)
Level 20: Pool Fighting Boxing
	Technology_Accuracy (25)
------------------

Edited by Doc_Scorpion

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

12 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Importing a build file...  I get an error, and while it gets the powers correct, the slots are empty and the full inventory of slots does not show up.  (In the picture below, Stamina should be three slotted.)  It also acts as though I'm a level 2 in terms of adding slots.

Was the build you imported done on Mid's Reborn or another version (like Pines or the original Mid's)??  They are NOT 100% backwards compatible as crytilis has mentioned just a few posts above yours.  

On 10/24/2019 at 12:43 PM, crytilis said:

I do not support renditions of Mids that I was not involved. Sorry 😐

Renditions of Mids are as follows.

• Mids' Hero Designer - Created by Mids himself
  • Mids' Hero/Villain Designer - Done by Mids himself and taken over by Titan Network.
  • Pines Hero/Villain Designer - A port of the Mids' Hero/Villain Designer which was modified for SCORE servers by Pine.
  • Mids' Reborn - A port of the Mids' Hero/Villain Designer modified for Homecoming servers by Crytilis
  • Mids Reborn : Hero Designer - Another port of the Mids' Hero/Villain Designer with several core changes and tailored for Homecoming. Created by Crytilis, Maslow, & Pine and now maintained by Crytilis.

Since Mids Reborn : Hero Designer is another rendition of Mids it is natural that it uses the same file extension as other renditions. It *may* be compatible with builds made in other renditions. However since many things have been changed/fixed in Mids Reborn : Hero Designer, this is not guaranteed and a statement to this effect was already made with the release of 2.6.0.3. This will not change, if you wish to have your build be 100% compatible with the latest rendition then you should rebuild it in 2.6.0.3 or later. 

*Keep in mind, Force of Will was not added into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer until 2.6.0.6. 2.6.0.7 re-introduced the 2, 3, and 4 column layouts that were removed in 2.6.0.6.*