Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

I can confirm that Brute Resistance numbers are off in the most recent version that was released. The person responsible has been sacked and we are working on finding out exactly how said sacked person was able to accomplish the feat in order to reverse it. Other option is to go back and edit everything by hand which will inevitably lead to more errors because Pine makes mistakes.

• Haha 1

Happy Wife = Happy Life

This may have been addressed earlier in the thread, but on the version I have, downloaded a couple months ago (2.6.0.7) it doesn't account for the change to slot placement in regard to respec builds... that you can place slots anywhere without concern as to when the powers were acquired.  For example, it's possible in game to 6 slot your level 49 power but Mid's doesn't allow that so you can have in game builds that Mid's can't recreate.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

Glanced through the tread and didn't see this issue pop up, but once you select a power from an Epic/Patron Pool on a Stalker, it locks that set in and it can't be changed unless you start from scratch.

However... after going through all the classes and seeing if would have the same results, I can no longer replicate it, even on a stalker. /shrug

Don't know If this issue has been remarked on yet, but I'm using v2.6.0.5 and working on an energy/radiation sentinel. All powers and slots were assigned as intended, but, when placing enhancements into 'Particle Shielding' I can place Endurance modification IOs but when I go to place End mod SET IOs. It only allows Healing sets, you can't select End mod sets as there's nothing to choose from. Now, in Homecoming, on my character I have a 'Performance Shifter: Chance for end' enhancement slotted. I just can't do it in mids.

14 hours ago, wjm67x said:

Don't know If this issue has been remarked on yet, but I'm using v2.6.0.5 and working on an energy/radiation sentinel. All powers and slots were assigned as intended, but, when placing enhancements into 'Particle Shielding' I can place Endurance modification IOs but when I go to place End mod SET IOs. It only allows Healing sets, you can't select End mod sets as there's nothing to choose from. Now, in Homecoming, on my character I have a 'Performance Shifter: Chance for end' enhancement slotted. I just can't do it in mids.

That still exists like that in 2.6.0.7, too.  You can edit in the End IO sets as an option.

Options->Advanced->Database Editor->Main Database Editor

Sentinel Defense->Radiation Armor->Particle Shielding (double click, or click edit in bottom right)

Go to 5th tab (Invention Set Types) and click on the blue EndMod icon in the big square.  It will be added to the line above next to Heal sets.

Click Ok->Save and Close->Close

You will probably need to reload the build and then EndMod will show up.  The recovery portion of the power ignores enhancement value, so the Perf.Shifter proc is literally the only thing worth slotting in it.

53 minutes ago, Hot2 said:

Can someone kindly tell me how to download mids for the latest OS version of mac?

The instructions for Mac (excluding Catalina) are at the bottom of the very first post.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

That still exists like that in 2.6.0.7, too.  You can edit in the End IO sets as an option.

Options->Advanced->Database Editor->Main Database Editor

Sentinel Defense->Radiation Armor->Particle Shielding (double click, or click edit in bottom right)

Go to 5th tab (Invention Set Types) and click on the blue EndMod icon in the big square.  It will be added to the line above next to Heal sets.

Click Ok->Save and Close->Close

You will probably need to reload the build and then EndMod will show up.  The recovery portion of the power ignores enhancement value, so the Perf.Shifter proc is literally the only thing worth slotting in it.

The instructions for Mac (excluding Catalina) are at the bottom of the very first post.

?

Okay so is Catalina not the latest version of mac..? i'm confused.

Catalina blocks all 32-bit programs.  There are lots of warnings about that.

Part of the programs necessary to make Mids work on Mac (Wine, I think?) are 32-bit.  Until that gets resolved with a 64-bit compatible version, it won't work on Catalina.

This isn't something the Mids people have anything to do with.  It is a third party app used by lots of folks to run Windows apps on linux/mac.

52 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Catalina blocks all 32-bit programs.  There are lots of warnings about that.

Part of the programs necessary to make Mids work on Mac (Wine, I think?) are 32-bit.  Until that gets resolved with a 64-bit compatible version, it won't work on Catalina.

This isn't something the Mids people have anything to do with.  It is a third party app used by lots of folks to run Windows apps on linux/mac.

So, essentially, there is no Mids for mac users updated to the latest OS?

On 12/28/2019 at 9:20 AM, Hot2 said:

So, essentially, there is no Mids for mac users updated to the latest OS?

Essentially, yes.

It's possible to rework a .net program to target mono specifically (and mono itself targets 64-bit, and has for years), but that's unfortunately quite a fair bit of work.

If you have access to a virtual machine (virtualbox or parallels will both do the job) and are willing to run windows in that, that's the best option to use mids on a mac right now.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but is the "Quick Form" passive supposed to be ineffective currently?  Snipes showing their base damage depending on whether it's turned on or not, but are showing their extended cast time whether I'm in "quick" or not and DPA is being applied according to long number. 

I also haven't played with things much but IIRC, damage on Snipes is supposed to scale to To-Hit now, correct?  I don't see that applying either, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or misunderstanding the current application of mechanics.

On 12/27/2019 at 8:07 AM, overfyre said:

Glanced through the tread and didn't see this issue pop up, but once you select a power from an Epic/Patron Pool on a Stalker, it locks that set in and it can't be changed unless you start from scratch.

However... after going through all the classes and seeing if would have the same results, I can no longer replicate it, even on a stalker. /shrug

I have had the same problem and it still exist on the latest version. I have narrowed it down even further though.  If you choose stalker and at any time choose one of the epic sniper attacks this occurs(you don't even have to choose anything else just open new build and click epic sniper attack and you are locked in to that pool.)

Along with the Brute Resist numbers being off I just noticed with my Psi Brute his Concentration power (build up) has an End Usage of 5.2/sec. Potentially the bad person has stuffed up other areas as well.
image.png.f4bd4763eaf5cfd6da5da31ea71e80ac.png

To fix

Options > Advanced > Database Editor
Main Database Editor
Group: Brute_Melee
Set: Psionic_Melee
Power: Concentration
[Edit] button

Power Attributes tab > Power Type: Change to Click

[OK]

[Save & Close]
[Close]

Not sure if this was reported, but in the latest issue of Mids Reborn Frozen Aura Epic for Dominators is adding defense values to Energy and Negative and the power only affects Smashing and Lethal. It is showing different values in Mids than in game live. 

Not sure if already reported but doesn't come up in a search of thread. Weaken resolve from the force of will pool is taking accurate to-hit debuff sets in Mids but doesn't in game. Not sure why it wouldn't in game since it takes both accuracy and to-hit debuff IOs but paragonwiki has it not taking those sets too. 

14 hours ago, Heatstroke said:

Not sure if this was reported, but in the latest issue of Mids Reborn Frozen Aura Epic for Dominators is adding defense values to Energy and Negative and the power only affects Smashing and Lethal. It is showing different values in Mids than in game live. 

Version 2.6.0.7 shows Dominator's Frozen Armor providing 12.75% S/L Defense and 8% F/25% C Resistance.  I haven't double checked those in game, but it seems about right.

What version are you using?

11 minutes ago, radiomanxxx said:

Trying to set up a Brute Spines/Fire build but Spines is not shown under primary power set. I can go to scrapper and see it. Am I missing something? I'm new, be gentle.

I see it in the list between Savage and Staff.  What version are you using?

1.96 I have updated but says I have latest. When I look at the date base version it say's 23.0 (15/Jul/2012) I am guessing that is incorrect and I need a link to the most updated version?

**Edit #2** Looks like I had an outdated version that would not update etc etc. I think I am gtg now.

Edited by radiomanxxx