Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

5 minutes ago, crytilis said:

Yep, working through a lot of these issues guys/gals whilst still working on other things for the app. Just hang in there 🙂

You're doing a great job!   Your workload seems to be increasing for sure!

Am I the only one who gets the program lagging tremendously? I'm not sure if it's a memory leak or what, but I will click on a slot, be in the process of looking at the IOs and the window closes by itself. I will click on the slot again, it will stay open for a few seconds while I'm looking, then it closes again. I need to be very fast in opening the slot, picking the set and click on the IO I want to slot in. It sometimes help if I minimize all programs and only have HD up over my desktop, but even that is not a sure way of preventing the lag.

For example, it is *very* common to hover the mouse over a power and have the description of another power over it. Then, but only sometimes, after a good five, six second wait the description of the actual power shows up. But sometimes it does not and it requires a lot of mouse moving to get the actual description of the power I place the cursor over.

This does not happen all the time, but closing and starting Hero Designer does not fix it like it usually does to memory leaking programs

43 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Am I the only one who gets the program lagging tremendously? I'm not sure if it's a memory leak or what, but I will click on a slot, be in the process of looking at the IOs and the window closes by itself. I will click on the slot again, it will stay open for a few seconds while I'm looking, then it closes again. I need to be very fast in opening the slot, picking the set and click on the IO I want to slot in. It sometimes help if I minimize all programs and only have HD up over my desktop, but even that is not a sure way of preventing the lag.

For example, it is *very* common to hover the mouse over a power and have the description of another power over it. Then, but only sometimes, after a good five, six second wait the description of the actual power shows up. But sometimes it does not and it requires a lot of mouse moving to get the actual description of the power I place the cursor over.

This does not happen all the time, but closing and starting Hero Designer does not fix it like it usually does to memory leaking programs

I am not a developer by any means, but what OS are you using, and what version of .NET is installed?

3 hours ago, doyler said:

A few issues that I'm seeing in version 2.6.0.3

Where are you seeing this Raptor Pack? The enhance tab which only shows you how much of a increase you are getting (ie it actually only totals up the enhancements)..is buggy we know. It's on the list to be addressed in some way shape or form once we fix issues higher on the list.

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

May be the wrong section for this but the Sentinel Energy Aura  power [Power Armor] states in the Info tab "Toggle: Self +HP, +RES(all but Psionics)", however the Effects tab only shows Resistance (self) values:

image.png.801faf3a5abb11c3dad8b72df9bc062f.pngimage.png.cd7a77202b89d1a4950606f115d704f7.png

Edited by metacore
Bad image layout

10 hours ago, Apparition said:

I am not a developer by any means, but what OS are you using, and what version of .NET is installed?

Windows 10 and the .NET that  is listed on the OP.

8 hours ago, crytilis said:

Where are you seeing this Raptor Pack? The enhance tab which only shows you how much of a increase you are getting (ie it actually only totals up the enhancements)..is buggy we know. It's on the list to be addressed in some way shape or form once we fix issues higher on the list.

I posted about this in the GitHub bug section in the bug about Fitness throwing an error when you first load a legacy build (I erroneously thought they were related, but they are not).  This is happening with the Blaster Tactical Arrow set.  To duplicate, start a Blaster build in Pines, select your T1 Primary and secondary, then save and re-load in MR.  You will see Electrified Net Arrow in yellow, and it is unselctable, and Raptor Pack is in place of your T1 Secondary.  I posed screen shots over there as well.

May be happening for other sets, but that's the only place I have seen it.  My testing, however, is far from exhaustive. 

8 hours ago, crytilis said:

From a build I open that SHOULD have this:

Level 1:    Electrified Net Arrow        SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(43), GldJvl-Dam%(46)

UJL // Pirate Hookers // CrueL // A.S.S. // T.I.T.S. // dUmb // FAP // BoP // Laser City Jesus Eyes TPVPL // Renegades et al.

CoH Youtube

1 hour ago, ZephyrWind said:

I posted about this in the GitHub bug section in the bug about Fitness throwing an error when you first load a legacy build (I erroneously thought they were related, but they are not).  This is happening with the Blaster Tactical Arrow set.  To duplicate, start a Blaster build in Pines, select your T1 Primary and secondary, then save and re-load in MR.  You will see Electrified Net Arrow in yellow, and it is unselctable, and Raptor Pack is in place of your T1 Secondary.  I posed screen shots over there as well.

May be happening for other sets, but that's the only place I have seen it.  My testing, however, is far from exhaustive. 

1 hour ago, doyler said:

From a build I open that SHOULD have this:

Level 1:    Electrified Net Arrow        SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech(43), GldJvl-Dam%(46)

I have double checked this, the reason you are seeing this is due to the erroneous index (index conflicts) in Pines and other versions, where several powers were sharing the same static index as other powers. This was fixed in Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer with 2.6.0.3. I have attached the 2.6.0.3 patch notes which I pulled from our Discord, hope it helps.

2.6.0.3 Patch Notes
Application Changes
    Removed 20k+ lines of redundant code improving overall application performance
    Fixed Discord settings server addition (When adding a server it will now automatically be selected in the list)

Database Changes
    Defender:
        Flame Mastery: Fixed prerequisites for all powers
    Mastermind:
        Thugs: Thug Enforcers can now use Accurate Defense Debuff and Defense IO sets.
        Robotics: Protector Bots now shows the amount of defense that is applied to the caster in the effects pane.
        Demons: Summon Demons now shows the amount of resistance that is applied to the caster in the effects pane.
    Widow:
        Teamwork: Mind Link is no longer affected by global recharge.
    Enhancements:
        Annihilation: Chance for resistance proc adjusted to 12.5% down from 20%
    Misc:
        Sentinel's Beam Rifle is no longer replaced with Sandman proc upon reloading.
        Sentinel's Dark and Dual Pistols abilities should no longer overlap/replace each other.
        Tanker's Super Reflex powers are no longer replaced by Mastermind's Radiation Emission powers and vice versa
        Fixed remaining database index conflicts, powers should not overlap/replace each other going forward.

*Note*: Due to the index conflicts prior to this update, some builds may need to be either rebuilt or have incorrect powers removed and re-added then resaved.

Edited by crytilis

4 minutes ago, Alpha Man said:

Hi,

I can not get forum posts to export. I am not able to see anyone's build.

My error message is "Unable to recognize data. Please check that you have copied the build data from the forum correctly and that it is a valid format." 

Alpha, join us on our Official Discord, re-post this there in the help channel and I will see if I can help, this is an issue we have not seen yet.

Just now, doyler said:

Sweet, figured as much, but wasn't sure! Yea, I can't seem to unselect it since it's Raptor Pack, but easy enough to rebuild.

Can you send me the build on Discord or attach it here? I believe I may know the issue and I have it on my list but never got around to adding it into 2.6.0.3 in time.

19 hours ago, Sovera said:

This is what i am talking about btw. That lag after changing slots and the closing of the window. Though it came after having changed IOs and the lag and we might think its related the IO selection windows closes on its own with or without having done anything previously.

Spoiler

F67qk4z.gif

Edited by Sovera

I'm starting to wonder if the UI slowdowns could be a win 10 1809 specific issue. For instance, scoll with mouse wheel through alpha incarnates, only the column the cursor is on will insta update, the other one will update when you move onto it). Win 7 has none of these behavior at all...
However, i had an update related to .NET yesterday that seems to make things much better. No need to reboot your computer for it but restart Mids'.
2019-07 - Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows 10 1809 for x64 (KB4507419)

Little glitch when importing an Arachnos Soldier build from a previous release. Re-creating the build from scratch and overwriting it fixes the issue -- no big deal to me 🙂

as_mhd2603.png.ab0f83e7af65206de72b8b63cd4cd747.png

8 minutes ago, Zed said:

I'm starting to wonder if the UI slowdowns could be a win 10 1809 specific issue. For instance, scoll with mouse wheel through alpha incarnates, only the column the cursor is on will insta update, the other one will update when you move onto it). Win 7 has none of these behavior at all...
However, i had an update related to .NET yesterday that seems to make things much better. No need to reboot your computer for it but restart Mids'.
2019-07 - Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows 10 1809 for x64 (KB4507419)

Little glitch when importing an Arachnos Soldier build from a previous release. Re-creating the build from scratch and overwriting it fixes the issue -- no big deal to me 🙂

Which release? 2.6.0.3 had the Database indexing fixed. Pines, and prior releases of MRB the database had multiple index conflicts which cause power overlap/replacement.

Edited by crytilis

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

This is what i am talking about btw. That lag after changing slots and the closing of the window. Though it came after having changed IOs and the lag and we might think its related the IO selection windows closes on its own with or without having done anything previously.

Reveal hidden contents

F67qk4z.gif

9 minutes ago, Zed said:

I am not seeing the slowdown on my personal PC (Windows 10 1903) nor the VM on my server (Server 2016) in which I work on Mids with. Personally not a fan of 1809, edge was junk built off of their IE core., and seemed to have multiple issues. 1903 is out and has been since end of may. It has the chrome based version of edge and runs a lot smoother in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, crytilis said:

Which release? 2.6.0.3 had the Database indexing fixed as in Pines, and prior releases of MRB the database had multiple index conflicts which cause power overlap/replacement. 

This build was originally made with MRB 2.6.0.1 as far as i can tell. Maybe with the original MHD, the backup copy i have doesn't show this issue.

Fyi, I'm on a pro edition of win 10 and i receive the feature updates super late (usually 9-10 months later) - unless i upgrade it by myself of course ^^
Usually by this time it's much more stable than day-1 releases.

3 minutes ago, reconfigureyourface said:

OK maybe I am dumb but the OP doesn't really say... WHAT is mids reborn exactly?

Mids Reborn and Pines are build creators that allow you to plan out your character out of game. You can choose your powers, adjust slots, enhancements, sets and bonuses to see how your stats will end up in game. You can essentially build a character and see what the numbers will look like prior to even making it. 

• Thanks 1