Mid's Reborn: Hero Designer

Metalios

OK, so I've given in and finally downloaded it, great, runs fine, started working on a build and then after assigning power sup to 5-0 changed my mind of one, oops.  How the heck do I remove it from the build and sub in another?  I saw there's the trick to removing a slot with a shift+left click... are there other non-intuitive tricks like this I need to know?  I can figure out most of what I'm seeing but this is just...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

OK, so I've given in and finally downloaded it, great, runs fine, started working on a build and then after assigning power sup to 5-0 changed my mind of one, oops.  How the heck do I remove it from the build and sub in another?  I saw there's the trick to removing a slot with a shift+left click... are there other non-intuitive tricks like this I need to know?  I can figure out most of what I'm seeing but this is just...

The way that I remove a power is by clicking it again in the text list of the powers on the left hand side of program.

In fact, that is how I start building a character as well. I click the power in the text list and if you don't have any thing selected in the powers side, it will put the power in your build at the soonest level you can get it. That way I get my "must have" powers in there first and then start looking around for best places to fill the remaining powers.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Hardship said:

The way that I remove a power is by clicking it again in the text list of the powers on the left hand side of program.

In fact, that is how I start building a character as well. I click the power in the text list and if you don't have any thing selected in the powers side, it will put the power in your build at the soonest level you can get it. That way I get my "must have" powers in there first and then start looking around for best places to fill the remaining powers.

Huh, I thought I had tried that, but I'll give ti another go.  That's how I was at first populating my list of chosen powers, sort of, is there another way to do that?

Really, why ahsn't someone written a simple guide on this already, ha ha?  Or have I just missed it?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

31 minutes ago, nicoliy said:

With the new patch out, how long do we usually go before the planner gets updated? Want to play with my new tanker values lol.

I think they need more than a few minutes... 😄

• Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I've looked through the thread and can't find the answer, so here's an important question. Where is the option to toggle damage bars visibility? In the previous Mids, when looking at a power at the bottom you had two bars alongside the damage formula, one showing base damage and the other damage after all enhancements and whatnot, and that's very helpful. I can't find the option to display them anywhere, help please? 🙄

Here's a pic of what I mean, and then of how it looks in the new one on the same build file (no idea why the numbers are so off either). Also, do colors no longer change depending on if you're making a hero or villain AT, or am I missing a tick somewhere in options too? :classic_mellow:

1122781212_bars1.jpg.c62732786b1534c441b602bc5f0ffc4b.jpg332557695_bars2.jpg.92ecd320357f0720ded1cc4bf589c50d.jpg

A possible couple Bugs I've found:

• Respec Helper no longer stays on top in game. (Win7 64bit)
  • Touch of the Nictus is listed as having Regen on several in the set, but in game it does not. I don't know if the regen was nerfed or if it was never there...though I seem to recall it there at some point.

I'm no progammer, so I cannot work on any fixes. Just thought I would make people aware.

Also, a request:

• Could a way to make the stufff in mids bigger and easier to read? For example, make things bigger in two column view mode and be able to scroll? The reason is I'm an old fart with poor eyesight.
Edited by PeterDutcherJr

2 hours ago, PeterDutcherJr said:

Also, a request:

• Could a way to make the stufff in mids bigger and easier to read? For example, make things bigger in two column view mode and be able to scroll? The reason is I'm an old fart with poor eyesight.

It'll affect the whole computer, but you could set the DPI to 125%-150% in the Visual OS settings.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

As a bug report the resistances in Brute's Fire Shield - Fiery Aura are wrong.

In game resists:

Smashing, Lethal, Fire: 22.5%

Cold: 7.5%

Mid's resists:

Smashing, Lethal, Fire: 16.88%

Cold: 5.63%

Edited by summers

I noticed a bug (v2.6.0.7, Database I26 v19.1021) with Titan Weapons (Brute, Scrapper, and Tanker) - all powers that have a slow and fast version [1] are not affected by Incarnate Alphas that boost recharge (Spiritual, Agility). Powers that only have only one speed [2] are properly affected.

[1] Defensive Sweep, Crushing Blow, Titan Sweep, Rend Armor, Arc of Destruction

[2] Follow Through, Whirling Smash, Build Momentum, Confront

I noticed a couple of things with HD when I leveled a new MM today. Most if not all of the assorted pet sets say they start at level 25 but in-game they start at 15, and for some reason HD showed me with extra defense after a complete build while in-game I had 4% less defense. I can only assume it is some screwy math with the Protector Bots. I can throw the link of the build here if there's an interest.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:49 AM, PeterDutcherJr said:

Also, a request:

I'll second this, it's almost impossible to read and if had an option to be scaled 1.5x or even 2x bigger, it would be much easier to use. Mids already has a very busy interface, and on top of that the tiny icons and text are terribly frustrating.

I know the whole computer display can be scaled, but that wrecks everything else which was already readable. 

10 minutes ago, Andreah said:

I'll second this, it's almost impossible to read and if had an option to be scaled 1.5x or even 2x bigger, it would be much easier to use. Mids already has a very busy interface, and on top of that the tiny icons and text are terribly frustrating.

Mids' was originally created in a world where 800x600 resolutions were common.

We no longer live in that world ... not with 4K resolutions becoming increasingly common.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

A thousand pardons if my post has been covered, I did not see it precisely. 

macOS 10.12.6

I ran through the steps for Mac, had a few alerts/errors along the way, mostly installed OK.

Your version of wine 2.0.3 is no longer supported upstream. You should upgrade to 4.x

winetricks dotnet472

err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.

err:winediag:nulldrv_CreateWindow The explorer process failed to start.

fixme:wer:WerReportSubmit (0xfd08d8, 1, 0x10, 0x52ae37c) :stub

exit status: 1

------------------------------------------------------

exit status 1 - dotnet461 installation failed

On running 

wine "Hero Designer.exe"

The application launched, but also showed a series of errors including the following and the included attachments:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

The only option that did not loop through these errors was to quit the application.

Happy to provide any other info I can to get me going.

Thank you tons for all the efforts to make MRB stronger, the word on the street is excellent.

-Tech

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 4.58.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 4.57.48 AM.png

Edited by Techulon3

been using Mids Reborn for a while now with no Issues, however this morning when I tried to open I was greeted with this error;

"NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I have tried reinstalling with no luck.

can anyone help?

15 hours ago, IdentityUK said:

been using Mids Reborn for a while now with no Issues, however this morning when I tried to open I was greeted with this error;

"NullReferenceException

Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I have tried reinstalling with no luck.

can anyone help?

1 hour ago, Xoseph said:

I'm having the same issue, did a complete reinstall and did everything I could find on the forums but still will not open.

Thanks

Which operating system are you using?
When did this issue start occurring?
What was the last thing you did in MRB prior to this issue?
Have you applied any non-official patches/updates to MRB?

Edited by crytilis

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

windows 10, was yesterday morning, nothing unusual about what was last done, normal day, normal use.

I have however found a work around. I installed to a different directory; 

C:\Users\Identity\AppData\Roaming\RebornTeam\Mids Reborn2

which works perfectly now.

still cant install or use the old directory.

• Like 2

I'm having an issue with the latest version of Mids. It will not open old save files instead giving the following error:

ExtractAndLoadFailed

Unable to read data - An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

It gives the same error if I create a new character and attempt to save the file. I've tried deleting and reinstalling but that did not resolve the issue,

Specs: Windows 10, 32-bit

.NET 4.8

48 minutes ago, Ulysses Dare said:

I'm having an issue with the latest version of Mids. It will not open old save files instead giving the following error:

ExtractAndLoadFailed

Unable to read data - An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

It gives the same error if I create a new character and attempt to save the file. I've tried deleting and reinstalling but that did not resolve the issue,

Specs: Windows 10, 32-bit

.NET 4.8

You are receiving this error due to your Windows being a 32 bit version and the release of MRB you are attempting to use utilizes a 64 bit version of the the zlib library. 

All is not lost however, download the release from the 1st post which specifies for Mac/Linux as that release targets 32 bit so that it can run on Wine for those systems. It will also work for Windows systems that are 32 bit.

Edited by crytilis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.